Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,671 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale (49515 Views)

Ibom Air Receives Their First Brand New Airbus Aircraft / Massive Jubilation As First Flight Lands In Ebonyi International Airport (Pix) / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Automotive1(m): 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfOFq3fCVdw

One of the biggest planes in the world ,the Airbus’s Beluga XL(Extra Large) aircraft nicknamed the “whale in the sky” took off for the first time on Thursday from Toulouse Airport in France.

The oversized transporter, derived from the A330 jetliner, will be used for carrying complete sections of Airbus aircraft from different production sites around Europe to the final assembly lines in Toulouse, France and Hamburg, Germany.

Beluga Whale

The 125 tonnes extra large Airbus Beluga XL aircraft carrier is powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 700 Turbofan engines.

The 53 tonnes (117,000 lb) payload aircraft will be able to carry both wings of the A350 XWB jetliner at once, instead of the single wing the smaller BelugaST can carry . That's an extra 30 per cent capacity over the current Beluga planes (pics below) that it will replace.

Airbus’s Twitter account tweeted: “Whale, whale, whale … that’s a lovely day for a maiden flight don’t you think".

Other oversized cargo planes around the world includes the Antonov An-225 Mriya ( with world record single-item payload of 418,830 pounds and record for total airlifted payload of 559,580 pounds ) ,Lockheed C-5 Galaxy (the largest aircraft operated by the U.S. military with 240,000 pounds payload) and The Boeing  747-8 Dreamlifter (max. payload capacity is 250,000 pounds.

The first BelugaXL aircraft will enter service in 2019 operating with the existing five smaller A300-600ST Beluga fleets (pics above), before they are retired in 2025 by 5 new BelugaXLs .

https://autojosh.com/watch-the-maiden-flight-of-new-airbus-belugaxl-cargo-plane-that-looks-like-a-whale/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by silenze: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
is that not the same plane Buhari bought for Nigeria air to convey human beings?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by yjgm(m): 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
What an invention.

30 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Tikupops: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
Flying whale

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Aldebaran(m): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
This plane can swallow almost any load... grin

Still smaller than US's C-5 Galaxy and Russia's Antonov An-225 Mriya

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by ruffhandu: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Great stride. After 10 years, Naija will buy the fairly used one and the political party of the day will congratulate the president for a 'great achievement'.

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by davibid: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Well, all I want to say is that I must not comment on things I know nothing about...

5 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by tstx(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
Designers tho

See my signature

2 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by tstx(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
davibid:
Well, all I want to say is that I must comment on things I know nothing about...
I took the pledge too

5 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by abes(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
I see Vincent Kompany...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by bart10: 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
Great engineering. Kudos to Airbus cool

3 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Aldebaran(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
abes:
I see Vincent Kompany...
Wicked grin
Headmaster cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by sleemoon(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
. abeg make dis airbus cum swallow nigeria...

jst drop me off d coast of France biko

3 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by ifymadu: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Technology is key

6 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Schuffeadv23: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Only two females are viewing this topic. It's not a gossiping issue so it's understana
ble

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Schuffeadv23: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Only two females are viewing this topic. It's not a gossiping issue so it's understanable

2 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nothing special
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by olahero(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Too robust TECHx stuff. Haha we need something like this in this country.
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Neofingerz: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
Oya let's use it to carry all our stupid leaders to Abidjan

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Dollabiz: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
Oh
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by nephemmy(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nigeria air will be like we can get it too tongue tongue
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by jaxxy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Doesn't look proportional for a plane of dat size bt wat do I know

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by blueghost(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
This is superb and awesome

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by AngelicBeing: 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
cool
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by gracefoundmme(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
Wow.. this is nice..
I have iPhone 6s 128gb for sale.. 09027234716
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by jacoik(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
ruffhandu:
Great stride. After 10 years, Naija will buy the fairly used one and the political party of the day will congratulate the president for a 'great achievement'.
lol u r a wicked soul
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by ruffhandu: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
jacoik:
lol u r a wicked soul

As if you don't know I said the simple truth.

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by crestrader(m): 4:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
France ⛳
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by satowind(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
Naija where are we

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by mexzony: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
Watching the video with that background music how can you not trip for the production process and the invention itself. It just made me think of how we are wasting away here in Nigeria.
It is well.

8 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by iluvpomo(m): 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice .. but its sibling, the A380, still has the more powerful engine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Life: 10 Reasons You Should Move From Mainland To Island / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / PHOTOS: Lady Boards Flight To Ibadan, Arik Plane Lands In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.