Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral (3097 Views)

Honest Review Of This Toks 1999 Manual Tranny Honda Civic / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Man Carrying A Lady At The Front Of A Bike. Photo Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by honeymix77(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Saw this online felt its worth sharing.

A man's Craigslist ad selling his used car has put social media users in stitches for its incredibly brutal honesty.

The Houston-area ad for a 1999 Toyota Corolla began making the rounds online after a browser on the site spotted the hilarious description and shared it on Twitter. Users were shocked to find that the seller made no effort whatsoever to gloss over the car's less than luxurious features.

The ad opens with the enticing lines: 'You want a car that gets the job done? You want a car that's hassle free? You want a car that literally no one will ever compliment you on? Well look no further!'

The writer then gets into the features of the vehicle - and doesn't even try to sugarcoat them.

'Bluetooth: nope. Sunroof: nope. Fancy wheels: nope. Rear view camera: nope…but it’s got a transparent rear window and you have a f***ing neck that can turn,' he writes.

As for maintenance, the seller claims that: 'One day my Corolla started making a strange sound. I didn't give a s*** and ignored it. It went away. The end.'

In fact, the seller claims that the gas tank could be filled up with Nutella and it would still start, adding: 'This car will outlive you. It will outlive your children.'

The seller claims that the car's details were run through Carfax, with the result being just a piece of paper reading: 'it's a Corolla, it's fine.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5661511/amp/Mans-honest-ad-1999-Toyota-Corolla-goes-viral.html

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by kinibigdil: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
So the car will wipe out the buyer's generation lol
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by honeymix77(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
The tweet has been shared more than 160,000 times and attracted hundreds of comments from readers impressed by the seller's incredible wit.

'I don't think I've ever legitimately outburst laughing like this in a public setting ever, 10/10 comedy here,' wrote one.

Also among the comments were a number of 1999 Toyora Corolla owners, who actually appeared to confirm some of the vehicles unique features.

'My '99 Corolla has over 202,000 miles, doesn't have a working radio, and three broken door handles. But she won't die,' wrote one owner.

One claimed that their Corolla had similarly made a 'strange noise' that went away on its own and another insisted: 'I loved my '99 Corolla. It was great and I am sure it's out there somewhere living better than me.'

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by devilmaycry: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
Okay....so u want us to fry beans? undecided
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by ogtavia(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
still wont make me buy it.
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by nurey(m): 6:52am On Jul 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:
grin

not customized for Nigerian roads except you want your tyres going North-west and the car nose diving South-east when you enter a rabbit hole in the middle of the highway grin

I think nigerian roads should start gathering NASA attention since there is no difference between the crater filled darkside of the moon and our highway.

3 Likes

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 22, 2018
nurey:

not customized for Nigerian roads except you want your tyres going North-west and the car nose diving South-east when you enter a rabbit hole in the middle of the highway grin

I think nigerian roads should start gathering NASA attention since there is no difference between the crater filled darkside of the moon and our highway.

There’s as such as hydraulic suspension my Oga grin

Anyways I just posted the pics to show that the car is not totally useless. There are people that likes them a lot.
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by nurey(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Anyways I just posted the pics to show that the car is not totally useless. There are people that likes them a lot.

but the first 3 cars aren't low rides, only the last one is. back in 2010 that suspension setup cost half a mil I don't know how much it would cost now.

I was a fan back then during ice cube and snoop dog songs where those hydraulic shit were used to make crs dance in the music videos
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 22, 2018
nurey:

but the first 3 cars aren't low rides, only the last one is. back in 2010 that suspension setup cost half a mil I don't know how much it would cost now.

I was a fan back then during ice cube and snoop dog songs where those hydraulic shit were used to make crs dance in the music videos

There are lots of regular looking cars here with hydraulic suspension that aren’t lowriders.

This is what I always tell you, never be sure about any car until you open the engine bay and also peek under the skirt grin

But again a 99 Corolla has been shown to be loved.
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 23, 2018
Speaking of Corolla grin

$6,000 = N2.2M

2 Likes

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by nurey(m): 6:23am On Jul 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Speaking of Corolla grin

$6,000 = N2.2M

Now that 0-60 eventually sticker got me like grin

the price of this one is too steep, I did rather pick the look alike accord which is available in naija

2 Likes

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 23, 2018
nurey:

Now that 0-60 eventually sticker got me like grin

the price of this one is too steep, I did rather pick the look alike accord which is available in naija

I won't sell this car for less that $10K and will ONLY market it directly to Japan, Australia and Germany.
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by nurey(m): 7:21am On Jul 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I won't sell this car for less that $10K and will ONLY market it directly to Japan, Australia and Germany.

am I missing something, does this corolla have any trait like the 1960s mustang, shelby and camaro? Apart from its a very old specimen in good condition
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2018
nurey:

am I missing something, does this corolla have any trait like the 1960s mustang, shelby and camaro? Apart from its a very old specimen in good condition

There is a subculture of car culture that crave old cars. Old rear wheel drive Japanese cars are considered iconic.

This one is a prime example because it is still intact and original. It hasn't been "modernized".

1 Like

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by nurey(m): 9:04am On Jul 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

There is a subculture of car culture that crave old cars. Old rear wheel drive Japanese cars are considered iconic.

This one is a prime example because it is still intact and original. It hasn't been "modernized".

if this one enter naija peren, it will end up like it's datsun sibling, nah cassava he go dey carry last last, they differentiate it, modify it, dissect it, it will go through algebra, then algorithm performed on the engine, transmission will be plotted then we will put everything together in a stoichiometric balance.

by the time baba ruka has finished with it, it will carry 2tons of cassava and around 20bags of 50kg garri from Iseyin to Lagos grin

3 Likes

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by radautoworks: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I would buy that

1 Like

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by deepwater(f): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Ogbeni Goan sidon
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by nurey(m): 6:33am On Jul 29, 2018
deepwater:

Ogbeni Goan sidon

now I know why you have been stalking egunmogaji all over NL grin you are one funny and pained person.

1 Like

Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 29, 2018
nurey:

now I know why you have been stalking egunmogaji all over NL grin you are one funny and pained person.

I just let him bay at the red moon grin
Re: Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral by deepwater(f): 7:31am On Jul 29, 2018
nurey:

Who you
Aint know you, but I hate people that look down on their own just because they crossed the borders of this country. Haba. How person go say some Nigerians on nairaland never see air conditioner before ? You might call it a joke, but it is stupid to come out from a man boy his age .

That tells a lot about his mindset, and how useless he portrays Ibadan people in "AMELICA". What a mistaken ambassador

(1) (Reply)

Fund Raising Thread For Seun / Top 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World Nigerians Can’t Afford [see Prices] / Toyota Corolla 1999 Model And Toyota Camry 99 Model( Tiny Light) Conparism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.