Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,379 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Internet Myths - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Internet Myths (789 Views)

Top 3 Smartphone Battery Myths Nigerians Need To Disregard / Bermuda Triangle Mystery - Facts And Myths / 7 Tech Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now! (especially #3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet Myths by Micons(m): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2010

Dispelling Myths!  shocked
>>>

>>
>

Its Not Difficult : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qNsVcjkQ4 It Is Not Expensive :

. To register a domain costs a lot of money .
No It costs 10 euros a year for a dot com

——————————–

2. When you have a domain it costs a lot of money to host it cry.
No it costs 7 euro a month  smiley
——————————–
3. Web design is expensive.
No thousands of web page designs are free. This web page blog is free
——————————–
4. It takes ages weeks to set it all up like email and things.
No it takes an hour
——————————–
5. I have to employ someone to set it up. That will be expensive.
I charge 10 euros an hour. It takes two hours.
——————————–
6. I will need help if I get in a mess.
Yes I charge 8 euros an hour for support
——————————–

7. If I want to change it I cannot.
Maybe not. Call me I will do it while you wait. If its easy its free.
——————————–
8. Companies want to charge me 700 to 1200 euros to create a domain and web site.
Great.

——————————–
My mother said to me : “A fool and their money are soon parted”  cryNot that that is relevant Their mothers told them “A mug is born every minute” cry Mothers are grand. grin
——————————–
9. It will take months for the search engines to find my site. Or I have to pay a lot of money for it.
No. I set up this site four days a go. Type Bog Of Allen 2010 in to Google : See the total number of hits for the search see what positon this site is.

>
>>
>>>
cool

I am A Psychologist

>>>
>>
>Here Is The Internet. Please Copy These Images but mention me!  tongue

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(1) (Reply)

Clean N85 For Sale With 4gb Memory Card For Just 25k. / New Technologies. / Instagram Introduced A New Way To Send Photo & Video Messages To Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.