Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,885 members, 7,956,340 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account (8425 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account by pheesayor(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2010
First it was increment in minimum balance from 0.00 to 1,000, then charge for withdrawal slip. After a while I discovered they charge 210naira when you withdraw from another branch of the bank. All this they did without informing me via sms or email.
To eliminate the branch tranfer charge, I request my account to be transfered to the branch close to me and for over a month they've refused to do so.
Also they charged 500 naira for producing an atm card ( at least they notified me of this)

Today is my birthday and I got to atm to withdraw, my account showed 0.00 naira. I got to the bank and they were telling me nonsense.
A savings account isnt supposed to have all these charges, wonder what is happening in the banking industry. I refused to be frustrated on birthday, but it's annoying
Re: Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account by pheesayor(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2010
They finally transfered the account but again charged 500 naira and was not notified. Only for naija. ,
Re: Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account by dipotech: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2010
Sorry about that, may God Almighty deliver this country from endemic (corruption).
You may change into another bank if they refuse to listen to your complaints.
Re: Ecobank, So Much Charges On A Savings Account by Yoighaman(m): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2010
I have an account with Ecobank.

The N500 is the charge for the secure EMV Chip & PIN debit card which could be used in other African Countries including NedBank's ATMs in South Africa

Every bank has its own unique challenges.

Cheers man

(1) (Reply)

Customers To Provide National Identity Number At Banks / How To Make Money From Packaging Beans / Beware Of False Yahoomail Termination Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.