Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Nigeria And Modern Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria And Modern Religion (347 Views)

Apostle Chris Omatsola Prophecies On Nigeria And 2019 Election / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Modern Religion by D34lw4p(m): 12:05am On Jul 23, 2018
One of the problem we have in this country is religion. We are so focused on building religious gathering, having the highest number of church or mosque members, churches competing against each other. We now have Pastors among the world richest people �

The truth is not being told, it's all business ideas, blind the people from seeing what they are suppose to see, spoon feed them what you want them to know and in turn make them dependent on the Church for their life resolutions. How many speaking in tongues did Mark Zuckerberg did before becoming 3rd world richest man? How many anointing oil did Bill Gate drank before he became world richest man? Yet this people are solving a lot of world problems. The logic is simple, make the people believe they are powerless without submitting to their religious gathering and when they're blinded by the doctrines then you can force them to bring to you whatever you need without any question. Atleast, they're doing it to receive their blessings �.

I even heard of a Church auditorium being built in Nigeria to contain up to 100k people �. What does this mean? trouble isn't it? We've attached more values to religion than advancing human potentials, Nigeria has more Churches than some countries and yet the whole system remains extraordinarily corrupted and we've all chosen to get drown by whatever is thrown down at us at long as the person has man of God attached to their names �.

I was heading to work some days ago and a lady stopped me, I calmly listened to her and when she's done preaching she gave me her church address inviting me to her church. I gladly accepted the written address and let for work but questions keeps popping up, why can't she tell me to attend any Church around me? This simply means she's inviting me to her Church to increase members why must it be her own church specifically? Why are our Churches competing against who have more members? Why are we not asking questions that really matters?.

I really do not have more stuff to say other than we have placed more importance to religion than what will actually add more values, boost the economy of the country and create a better future for all of us �. It's a pity the religious organization has automatically made the people see those who do not attend any as a devil with horn and tail �. We automatically disregard them as those with certificate of hell yet a lot of this people are impacting more lives than your so called religious leaders.

At a very tender age little kids here are taught to speak in tongues, when they ask that they do not know how to start they are told to say whatever comes to their mind that the holy Spirit will guide them. In foreign countries, kids are empowered and taught how to build the next smartphones, already applying Machine learning and artificial intelligence to solving scientific problems and yet you think this country will sprout with brilliant mind when the people are constantly brainwashed. �

If I'm ending this write up, I'll gladly say until we begin to devote our energy into stuff that really matters then I don't see this country going anywhere. Surely, there is a power in strongly believing in God but not when you let your life get dictated for you by those you look up to. We must learn to apply our critical reasoning skills to analyze everything dished to us and not just gulp them down without any questioning.

#Peace be with us.
#Dealwap

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Modern Religion by Shelumiel: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2018
True talk .
Re: Nigeria And Modern Religion by D34lw4p(m): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
True talk .

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

See 10(Ten) Biblical Verses That Permit Christians To Judge / This Is How To Get God’s Favour, Look No Further. / Marriage Vow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.