Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,454 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Parents Affect Their Children's Careers? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Parents Affect Their Children's Careers? (766 Views)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Promising Careers And Professions Emerging In Africa / Is It Too Late To Change Careers At 40? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents Affect Their Children's Careers? by Eldomingo: 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2010
Most parents today are influencing the careers of their children leading them to eventually do what they don't like. Is that good? Take me for example. my parents say i must do medcine because they like the respect and prestige that comes with it. But am not keen about doing it cos am looking at many factors; number of years, eventual pay after all the wahala cos i cud do something else and be more successful than most Doctors (financially) but at the same time i don't want to disappoint them. Am confused now. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Re: Parents Affect Their Children's Careers? by sophy09: 5:47am On Jun 16, 2010
I will advise you to pursue a career you enjoy. Many parents do not know the implications of what they tell their children. At the end of the day, you and your parent will be disappointed because they expect more from u and u will be disappoint because you want something else and before you know it, it will be too late.

(1) (Reply)

Starting An Ngo Programe / Freelance Financial Analyst / Anybody In The House Who Have An Info About American Society For Quality(asq)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.