Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy (11775 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / Woman Mocked For Being "Pregnant" Over 5 Years Undergoes Surgery. Graphic Photos / 38,000 Nigerian Doctors Are Working In The Diaspora- Eko University Of Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nwaforj44: 6:30am On Jul 24, 2018
The Consul General of Nigeria in South Africa, Godwin Adama, said there are about 5,000 Nigerian Medical practitioners working in various hospitals in South Africa.
The Vice Consul, Information and Culture, Mr David Abraham, said this in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Abuja.

Abraham quoted the Consul General, Godwin Adama, as saying this when Nigerian Doctors’ Forum South Africa, led by its Secretary General, Dr Emeka Ugwu, visited the CG in Johannesburg.

“This shows that virtually every hospital in South Africa has a sizeable number of Nigerian doctors; and this includes teaching, public and private hospitals.

“What this means is that Nigerian doctors and other professionals are constantly adding value to the system and this cannot be over-emphasised.”

He said South Africa is replete with Nigerian professionals, who are contributing to the economic development in both public and private sectors of the the country.

“Unfortunately, this has been either not reported at all or grossly under-reported.

“It is in this light that Nigerian professionals in South Africa have determined that they will no longer sit by and allow their numerous contributions be undermined and eroded by negative publicity,” he said.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/over-5000-nigerian-doctors-in-safrica.html

1 Share

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Ahmed0336(m): 6:40am On Jul 24, 2018
Before nko? When the government have failed in creating a good working environment and well packaged salaries what do you expect?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Jokerman(m): 6:46am On Jul 24, 2018
Those doctors are not patriotic.... FG should find a way to curtail the movement of these doctors...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46am On Jul 24, 2018
From another reliable source; Not fewer than 5,314 Nigerian doctors are currently working in the United Kingdom.
From the statistics, Nigeria has 80,000 registered doctors, more than 50,000 are practising abroad while 92 per cent of doctors in the country are considering finding a job abroad and 70 per cent of them are making plans to leave for foreign lands and are taking examinations to that effect
They can't be blamed.
We hoping this present government take the right step and to make the doctors in the country happy with their job, so it won't be the same thing they have been going through for donkey years.
God help Nigeria!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/leadership.ng/2018/01/06/50000-nigerian-doctors-practise-abroad/amp/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by neweraomo: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by lekjons(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Nigeria is a failed country!

6 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Authoreety: 6:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Gzgag
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by labisibrass(m): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018
They've made a very good decision.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018
The Government have to be blamed for this.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nairalandmentor(m): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018
tongue
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by pointstores(m): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Na who one die for these jungle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by DKM123: 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018
The brain drain is distributed all over the world. From Canada to the UK to even Trinidad and Tobago plus Ghana sef.

Our proffesionals are running away to any place that isn't Nigeria. Its a pity.

5 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:49am On Jul 24, 2018

“What this means is that Nigerian doctors and other professionals are constantly adding value to the system and this cannot be over-emphasised.”

No. What this means is that Nigeria is a failed state where the educated and talented see no future.

16 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by slawomir: 6:50am On Jul 24, 2018
isoright
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by udoka55555: 6:50am On Jul 24, 2018
wise choice..

if I have opportunity I will fly away from this country..

the country doesn't care about me or anybody..
eg

am a graduate of industrial chemistry still roaming about the street looking for job...

if I happen to get a job in south Africa will you brand me as unpatriotic and want me to come back?

when you never cared if I was eating when i was with you

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 24, 2018
Then go back to your country and stop complaining

2 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by ednut1(m): 6:50am On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:
Those doctors are not patriotic.... FG should find a way to curtail the movement of these doctors...
u no get sense abeg. After 8 years of suffering some are earning 80k working in hospitals wey no get beta equipment. U say mk dem no run. U are mad

17 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by gracein: 6:51am On Jul 24, 2018
I'm also planning to port. Anyone wit any link to post graduate medical scholarships outside Africa should please share. Thanks
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by labisibrass(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:

Just listen to yourself. You really need to have a room in ward 7

12 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by dandollaz: 6:51am On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:
Have the fg done there home work?
If I'm a doctor I don port tey tey for this shithole

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Shitface(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:

Seems your head is doing you somehow abi

12 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by israelmao(m): 6:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Better working conditions attracted them.

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by eleojo23: 6:52am On Jul 24, 2018
It's not only doctors that are leaving Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Jokerman(m): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2018
labisibrass:

Just listen to yourself. You really need to have a room in ward 7

You cannot vote for a clown, and try to run away from the consequences of such actions....
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Diiet: 6:53am On Jul 24, 2018
And yet they kill Nigerians as if we are not adding any value to their country.
Anytime they unjustly kill another Nigerian, our Doctors working over there should use their large presence in SA health sector to fight back by going on strike. If they do this, their goverment and people will learn to respect us.
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Jokerman(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2018
Shitface:

Seems your head is doing you somehow abi

If every professional runs out, how can Nigeria get better??
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by godwinonyilog: 6:54am On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:

What do you mean by saying they are not patriotic?
They should stay in a country thay has nothing to offer them right?

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Jokerman(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2018
dandollaz:

Have the fg done there home work?
If I'm a doctor I don port tey tey for this shithole

So who go come change Nigeria...??
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 24, 2018
Good news
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Omooba224: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2018
This is a two hedged sword,
Firstly, it will reduce (in this sense, lower doctors) the rate of doctor to patient ratio (currently at 1:20000 a year as against UN recommended 1:1000, I have forgotten the actual figure tho).
Secondly, it will bring about a kind of upgrade on the part of the doctors so as to keep themselves in the light of world happenings by updating their outdated 18th century based materials or practicals..
Good for the fellas. Go and excel jare...

3 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Jokerman(m): 6:56am On Jul 24, 2018
godwinonyilog:

What do you mean by saying they are not patriotic?
They should stay in a country thay has nothing to offer them right?

Yea, with their input to national growth, things will only get better... if everyone keeps running out, we'd keep voting clowns like Buhari or Bello into power..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A discussion on Bipolar Disorder / CSOs Hold "Let The Poor Live" Protest In Abuja Over Ban On Sachet Alcohol / Smoking Marijuana Reduces IQ Of Teenagers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.