Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria (19653 Views)

Viral Photo Of A Baby Born With Birth Control Implant On The Head. PHOTOS / The Need For Birth Control / Woman Narrates How Birth Control Nearly Killed Her (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by dragon2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
Don't mistake population numbers and Growth rate.The moment the rate of Industrial growth begins to exceed population growth rate (notice I said rate),the country is already getting better even if the population is 700M.For example,if we have a population growth rate of 5% and and industrial output of 2%,the moment we hit 6% in industrial growth the wealth of the current population has slowly started growing irrespective of the number. Why? Because industrial growth is covering for population growth and more.
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by dragon2(m): 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
babadee1:

I have already answered your question in the very post that you quoted. If you don't see it then you don't want to see it. Hopefully our policy makers will understand the issue and do something about our population problem before it's too late.
To the Lagos issue. The level of industrial activity in Lagos is high compared to other parts of Nigeria but it's extremely tiny compared to what is needed to grow the economy to be able to accommodate over 180 million people. The little bit of industrialisation is what drives migration into Lagos from all over the country and from neighbouring countries as well. This rate of migration and population growth is not sustainable for the future. Anybody can see that

Is it overpopulated Lagos that is to blame for poor economic growth of the country or all those smaller populated states with no industry?
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by babadee1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
dragon2:

Is it overpopulated Lagos that is to blame for poor economic growth of the country or all those smaller populated states with no industry?

Bro. I'm not blaming Lagos for anything at all. I'm using it to illustrate what happens when population growth gets out of hand in a developing economy. Everybody starts to move to those few areas where there is high economic activity. If the population of Nigeria reduces then the strain on Lagos won't be so much.

1 Like

Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by dragon2(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
babadee1:

Bro. I'm not blaming Lagos for anything at all. I'm using it to illustrate what happens when population growth gets out of hand in a developing economy. Everybody starts to move to those few areas where there is high economic activity. If the population of Nigeria reduces then the strain on Lagos won't be so much.

I am glad you used the word higher economic activity.People are moving from less productive to more productive areas even though those areas are more populated.If the population reduces the strain will remain because those areas have lower economic activity irrespective of population.Same reason why people from smaller nations want to emigrate to the U.S. Not because of the high population of the U.S. 300+M but because of the staggering economic output. If not,why are Nigerians running from a nation of 200M to a nation of 300M?
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by Glowingingrace: 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nice write up, but op remove that six months breastfeeding, is not part of natural family planning and never you advice anyone to use that.
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
ImaIma1:

They always look unkempt but they keep churning them out. And this one is ibo

The worst part is that this woman doesn't see any wrong in her action. She is not thinking of how four boys will feed when she can't even feed 3.

She says that's how she wants it, yet she will come and ask me for garri to drink.

The best thing you can do is by stop giving her garri or anything whatsoever.

@Post: There were some good arguments for and against the topic. Yet again, it further corroborates what I said last year:

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by olivia13: 2:54am On Jul 26, 2018
With Ovion, you don't need to stress your brain calculating your ovulation. Just give us your menstrual dates and we calculate your ovulation accurately for you. To get started, click on the following link:
http://ovion.joomla.com
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by Obinkita(m): 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=Solorrma[s]n post=69670997][s]only that the said well to do educated region of naija has a ungodly way of life in the name of educated u fvck ur mother and bkos she is also educated she dnt see any raise of concern its normal,but the said poor uneducated region's god forbid them fornication instead he gave an alternative that they have no reason to fornicate by allowing having 4 wives beside the educated region of naija says their god has got beaten by a human and his shedded blood washed their commitable sin so they dnt have any fear of rampant fornication thats d difference thats why d said poor region choose to give birth to many almajiri for them to get paradise instead of hell [/[/s]quote][/s]

Bigfool, irresponsible product of hate, if it pains you hang
Re: Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria by dadarasak(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
birth control is certainly not enough, we also need:

- better parenting
- mandatory sexual education in schools
- free family planning services all around the country
- better access to abortion doctors
- resetting the Nigerian society mindset about orphans (unwanted children) and how to intelligently combat the problem

I'll Carry this gospel to Twitter. Thanks for the recommendation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Serrapeptase May Be Good For Endometriosis And Cysts / COVID-19 Update For January 17 2021 In Nigeria / Segun Arinze: Doreen Hospital Refused To Treat Unconscious Accident Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.