Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System (727 Views)

What Happened To The Old Bosses On "Learn Web Design LIVE on Nairaland" Thread / Why Is Adsense Not Counting My Pageviews? / Best Nairaland Thread For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by FriendNG: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2018
First page in a thread is now number 1 instead of 0.

Seun
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by SawOnPedia: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2018
Someone created a thread for this? We need jobs in this country or we are all going to become jobless bloggers
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by amaniro: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2018
you should have emailed him or try to have it inboxly with moderators. For now...

Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by FriendNG: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2018
amaniro:
you should have emailed him or try to have it inboxly with moderators. For now...

I choose to do so in a thread.
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by Seun(m): 11:13am On Jul 25, 2018
FriendNG:
I choose to do so in a thread.
Which makes sense because this affects a lot of people.

FriendNG:
First page in a thread is now number 1 instead of 0.

Seun
Yep. We got it wrong initially because we didn’t study other sites as much as we should have.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by yomalex(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2018
Great
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by Evangkatsoulis: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Seun:
Which makes sense because this affects a lot of people.

Yep. We got it wrong initially because we didn’t study other sites as much as we should have.

And you are still getting it wrong.
The page link still starts from 0 instead of 1.

I.E www.nairaland.com/thread/2 links to page number 3 instead of 2.
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by Seun(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

That’s how it’s usually done, for good reasons.
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by Evangkatsoulis: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
Seun:
That’s how it’s usually done. The title is for people and the link is for computers.

I don't think it works like that on sites like tumblr or stackxchange. You can check out tumblr.

Check this thread
https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159009401&page=2

You can see that the page is numbered 2 instead of 3, thus corresponding to the link.
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by henryobinna(m): 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Dude has finally stopped viewing Nairaland threads as Arrays.

After over a decade. Impressive
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by LaiveNg: 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
Seun:
I doubt this point... Page links should match with what a user (and perhaps a searchbot) sees in the URL to avoid issues especially when links are shared.
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by IsaacBuchi(m): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2018
henryobinna:
Dude has finally stopped viewing Nairaland threads as Arrays.

After over a decade. Impressive
Evangkatsoulis:

Can someone kindly explain to me this 0 & 1 thing? Does it anyway affect the ordinary user? What's its use?
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by LaiveNg: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2018
IsaacBuchi:

Can someone kindly explain to me this 0 & 1 thing? Does it anyway affect the ordinary user? What's its use?
In simple words, it doesn't affect the "ordinary user". But it just makes sense when you compare pages here with conventional book pages. When you click a link with page number 1, then it is expected that the value on your address bar should also reflect 1: e.g. www.mysite.com/thread/page/1.

That would make much sense to an "experienced" user than seeing www.mysite.com/thread/page/2 when you actually clicked on page 1.
Re: Seun It Seems You Have Changed Nairaland Thread Counting System by IsaacBuchi(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2018
Oh thanks very much for that clear explanation.

Please does it have any technical or SEO benefit, cos the discussion up there sounds like it does?

Seun:

LaiveNg:

In simple words, it doesn't affect the "ordinary user". But it just makes sense when you compare pages here with conventional book pages. When you click a link with page number 1, then it is expected that the value on your address bar should also reflect 1: e.g. www.mysite.com/thread/page/1.

That would make much sense to an "experienced" user than seeing www.mysite.com/thread/page/2 when you actually clicked on page 1.

(1) (Reply)

Adsense For Sale At Giveway Price / Get Your Website Project Handled By Professionals. You Wont Be Dissapointed / Hard Time On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.