Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder (32226 Views)

Fury calls Joshua a coward for failing to meet 5pm deadline. Fight called off / Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 / Anthony Joshua Given 24 Hours To Respond To $50m Offer To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by macaphan007(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
Eke40seven:
People with no idea of the malicious rivalry between these two are talking. The truth is that Wilder is fucking and have ducked every real opponent. The only credible fight on his CV is grandpa Ortiz. AJ and UK is where the money is, and everyone knew what went down... Wilder will make more in the fight with AJ than he has made in his last 7 fights even if he loses, so... Whyte have called Wilder out severally and he ducked white claiming that "kings don't chase peasants..." But is taking a fight against punching bag Breazle, who AJ used as a training equipment. Beyonce Wilder needs to better his CV with real fights and not fight cab drivers and Kebab owners.
don't mind people Wilder's CV is there on wiki no real tough or rated opponents,people just talk talk,Wilder is not even a mandatory fight for AJ so why would he go out of his way to fight him,Wilder should fight Dillian Whyte first if he's not scared.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
solbase10:
Tyson Fury has labelled Anthony Joshua a disgrace for not reaching an agreement to fight Deontay Wilder in the United States.

Joshua holds the International Boxing Federation (IBF), World Boxing Association (WBA), World Boxing Organization (WBO) and International Boxing Organisation (IBO) heavyweight titles, but failed to reach a deal with WBC champion Wilder for a fight which would have unified the divisions’ belts.

Instead Joshua will take on Russia’s Alexander Povetkin, a mandatory challenger, on September 22 at Wembley as his next opponent after defeating Joseph Parker recently.

And Fury thinks Joshua is scared of fighting the American and believes the heavyweight division deserves better from their champion.

“I think it’s such a sad time for heavyweight boxing because you’ve got the so-called super champion and golden boy, Anthony Joshua, and he is avoiding Deontay Wilder and will not fight him at any cost,” Fury said in a video posted to Twitter.

“If you’re not going to fight someone for £40million, you’re not going to fight him for anything. It’s a disgrace and he’s a disgrace to boxing.

“And I think it needs somebody good enough to step up and take on the challenges and not be afraid – not be afraid to take risks and go to people’s backyards and do it.”

Source:https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/fury-labels-joshua-a-disgrace-for-failed-negation-to-fight-wilder-in-america/
The wild wilder is afraid of coming to fight in the UK hence, the refusal of Joshua to go to US. If wilder isn't afraid of defeat, he should accept to fight in the UK. After all, he claims he's the oga of all. He shouldn't be scared. Joshua is a guy who doesn't feel bothered about the media hypes. He just wants to do his thing whenever he feels it's right, going by his antecedents. He never said he won't fight wilder, he can always do that after the sept 22nd fight.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by perdollar(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
u don't dare a wild animal, how then do u dare a wilder animal? he is in fact wildest animal. deontay ikechukwu wilder WL knock out Anthony babadudu Joshua in d 3rd round.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by oooduancalmdown: 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
perdollar:
u don't dare a wild animal how then do u dare a wilder animal. he is wildest animal in fact. deontay ikechukwu wilder WL knock out Anthony babadudu Joshua in d 3rd round.
Flat-head dey dream.
Lolz! Even in Nigeria, the best boxers are Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by OYEDIPE(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
2019elections:
Moja Mosa la fin mo akinkanju eniyan.

Olohun !!!

Know when to say yes and know when to say no.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by perdollar(m): 6:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Flat-head dey dream.
Lolz! Even in Nigeria, the best boxers are Yoruba
come box me if I no chop ur father
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by ozoebuka1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
maasoap:

You know, you could have won medal with this post of yours had you not been an ethnic bigot.
You don't have to view every comment on sentimental grounds... "i love picking on Yoruba people here on nairaland just for fun but on that my particular post, i wasn't shading yorubas on "opening their mouth" everyone knows that Yoruba people open their mouths alot shouting "ah! ah!! ah!!! Upandan undecided
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by chronique(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
themonk:

You don't know a thing about boxing. Ortiz has a longer reach than wilder. Ortiz has a reach of 84" while wilder had a reach of 83". I hate it when casuals think they know alot about a sport they don't watch. Height doesn't matter in boxing that much, it's your reach.

Mike Tyson was short but he knocked down gaints.

Dude, I should say you are the one who is clueless about boxing. I watched the fight and I can tell you wilder's height was a massive advantage for him. Tyson and Ortiz do not have the same level of skill. A good boxer would suffer against an equally good but taller boxer. Height in boxing is an advantage anyday,anytime.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by akinsmyk(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
ozoebuka1:
I like Nigerians because they don't make research but will be opening their mouth like yoruba people... You will see them shouting wilder will beat Joshua but in reality, they've never watch both of them fight different opponents to know who may win the fight...

It took grace for wilder to beat Ortiz but with Joshua, anyone can carry the day... There's no guarantee for any of them. undecided

Too bad you generalize. Almost 2 years now Wilder had been planning to meet Joshua and he has been avoiding him. DW had made several bold and confident challenge to AJ but his reply had been always mild.

I'm a big fan of AJ so that made me research who Deontay is and why AJ had been avoiding him. I burnt huge data to watch more than 5 of Deontay's fight on YouTube then I know how deadly he is. Since then, I know AJ is not his match

Deontay fights like an animal, he is deadly, bloody and too dangerous. He is even labeled the most dangerous fighter. Deontay doesn't fight just to win, he fights to injure and physically damage his opponents. DW's punches weigh more and it's faster than AJs. DW throw punches like its a sledge hammer.

Joshua isn't as wicked and inhumane like DW. I can categorically tell you that DW will beat Joshua black and blue at the moment, don't know of the future. Joshua knows that fact himself . Thank God his coach and managers are not deceiving him.

Pls try and watch on YouTube too, then compare their fights, you will be scared for AJ. So you better change the notion that everyone saying DW will be AJ doesn't knows what they are saying.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
maasoap:

That's what you're supposed to find out on the internet before passing judgement. If you knew about boxing, you would have understood that the factor could be anything including revenue sharing formular.
What did you know about this particular fight besides what we read on this thread? Because I believe that this information from Tyson is not enough to make an informed judgement.
picking weaker opponents is it how he plan to reign for 10yrs AJ you can't hide forever
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by OYEDIPE(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
ozoebuka1:
You don't have to view every comment on sentimental grounds... "i love picking on Yoruba people here on nairaland just for fun but on that my particular post, i wasn't shading yorubas on "opening their mouth" everyone knows that Yoruba people open their mouths alot shouting "ah! ah!! ah!!! Upandan undecided

You still no get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Eluwilussit(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
appsdope:
He is scared na
n

Joshua will beat Wilder easily. Wilder is not a very good boxer. AJ is a better fighter and has more to lose. Therefore he calls the shots. Not the other way around. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by chronique(m): 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
macaphan007:
don't mind people Wilder's CV is there on wiki no real tough or rated opponents,people just talk talk,Wilder is not even a mandatory fight for AJ so why would he go out of his way to fight him,Wilder should fight Dillian Whyte first if he's not scared.

Exactly. Why has wilder refused to fight Dillian whyte? People who do not know boxing keep blabbing about AJ ducking.

3 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by OYEDIPE(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Fury is just an envious, frustrated "has-been" who is still battling with his cocaine addiction and mental health issues. Both Wilder and Joshua are undefeated, but Joshua is 5 years younger and he has a good record against aggressive fighters like Wilder as proved against Carlos Takam.

Joshua did not even refuse to fight Wilder, he just decided to postpone the Wilder fight until he fights a mandatory title defence against Alexander Povetkin on 22nd September.

Tell them.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by HolyTitus(m): 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
maxlis097:
this is pure politics here, if Wilder is serious they can get a neutral venue. we all know most fights in the US are always not neutral. since Wilder is based in the US, and the same Wilder refused fighting Joshua in England. then they can fix a venue maybe in Africa or Asia lol
abi
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Awoo88: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
handsomeclouds:
He's decided not to fight... he's in his house go and beat him!
He is ducking. And only coward duck. He is a disgrace
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by lawak: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2018
TPAND:
Even Joshua knows Wilder will beat him back to back, black and blue

...so why can't Wilder go to the UK to fight Joshua
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by eyinjuege: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
ehinmowo:
Wisdomis the ability to knw wen to act and wen not to. Not about proving a point

Hmm, wise words.
He has a mandatory match coming up soon. It's better he saves all his energy and concentration on that before fighting for the money.
Whether he wins or loses the fight with Wilder, he will still go home with a couple of millions, at least 5-10milla $$ for the loser.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
2019elections:
Moja Mosa la fin mo akinkanju eniyan.
agbo to tadi mehin agbara lo sare lo mu wa
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Adelaide2: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
Dafreeguy:
Is it by force to fight sombori ni..let tyson fury goan fight him na

Sorry, but this is a stupid comment. It is like asking a pastor whether it is 'by force' to preach every Sunday, or a professor whether it is 'by force' to teach his students during school hours. Joshua is a professional boxer; so he must fight.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
dominique:
Fear of losing his belts
If he doesn't take up this Wilder challenge, his credibility as a super boxer will start to diminish

Baby can you blame him? seriously have you seen wilder fight? he will destroy Joshua easily

grin

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Fury is just an envious, frustrated "has-been" who is still battling with his cocaine addiction and mental health issues. Both Wilder and Joshua are undefeated, but Joshua is 5 years younger and he has a good record against aggressive fighters like Wilder as proved against Carlos Takam.

Joshua did not even refuse to fight Wilder, he just decided to postpone the Wilder fight until he fights a mandatory title defence against Alexander Povetkin on 22nd September.

typical Nigerian, so peety minded like a 5 year old!

Even pundits know Wilder will be a very bad fight for Joshua! SDtop thinking with your anus! Joshua is very smart to avoid that fight! Wilder will destroy him , if i were Joshua i wouldnt fight him either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdkmFR0ATUI
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
TPAND:
Even Joshua knows Wilder will beat him back to back, black and blue

Exactly
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
ozoebuka1:
I like Nigerians because they don't make research but will be opening their mouth like yoruba people... You will see them shouting wilder will beat Joshua but in reality, they've never watch both of them fight different opponents to know who may win the fight...

It took grace for wilder to beat Ortiz but with Joshua, anyone can carry the day... There's no guarantee for any of them. undecided

"It took grace for wilder to beat Ortiz""

He knocked him out (Tko) in the 10th round n the fight was supposed to be tough, both are solid boxers, both are undefeated too. That loss was Ortiz's first and only career loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Icon79(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
KPOM! That was exactly what I said. For $40m, I will even fight satan himself grin

But I knew that he was gonna duck Wilder. I told colleagues at work that there's no way AJ is going to take on Wilder. Because Wilder is bawler. He fights dirty and AJ isn't good at such fights.

O pari

dominique:
Fear of losing his belts
If he doesn't take up this Wilder challenge, his credibility as a super boxer will start to diminish

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
maxlis097:
this is pure politics here, if Wilder is serious they can get a neutral venue. we all know most fights in the US are always not neutral. since Wilder is based in the US, and the same Wilder refused fighting Joshua in England. then they can fix a venue maybe in Africa or Asia lol

Why do Nigerians always talk like they were raised in horse ranches?

How are fights in the US biased? Wilder never refused fighting Joshua in UK, Joshua is doing the right thing by refusing to fight wilder anywhere, because WIlder will destroy him. If i were Joshua i wouldnt fight Wilder too. Wilder fights like someone possessed and hits like 40Kg per punch. DO you know what that will do to Joshua over 5 rounds?

Fighting Wilder anywhere is too risky
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
ayaside:
I was waiting for this but I think AJ has got a better reason for choosing who he wanna fight with.Let's hear him out although I think WILDER is a wild opponent.

Bro if you watch Wilder fight clips you will understand, the guy hits liike Tyson!!! Even if you were Joshua you wouldnt fight him either

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by banio: 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
Wilder should have fought Joseph Parker. He wants Anthony Joshua to do the dirty job while he comes in to take glory.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
ozoebuka1:

close you pie hole!!

Nigerians always talking nonsense they know nothing about all in a bid to sound smart

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
Newpride:
The highest paid fight wilder ever gets in his entire fight isn’t up to $3m while Joshua has earn almost $30m in his last fight.

Joshua will fight wilder if only he will get 70% share of the fight if he wins.
Anything less than that isn’t acceptable.

Thats not the reason go watch wilders fights

If you were joshua even you wouldn't risk fighting that one

Money isnt the cause

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Beface(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
dominique:
Fear of losing his belts
The guy suppose enjoy his belts small before facing Wilder because that guy push na die.
Re: Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Beface:
The guy suppose enjoy his belts small before facing Wilder because that guy push na die.

If you were the one you wouldnt want to fight this monster

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ugo Ehiogu Honoured At Wembley Stadium (Photos) / 2022/23 NPFL Clubs' Jerseys Now Available, Order Now! / #rio2016: Kenya Leads The African Medals Table With 10 Medals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.