Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Turkey Invades Northen Iraq - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Invades Northen Iraq (4219 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / "I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Mariory(m): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2010
And so the hypocrisy cycle is complete. No mass media condemnation though. No quick statements from certain foreign offices. The double standards are unbecoming.

ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey sent hundreds of elite troops into northern Iraq on Wednesday to chase Kurdish guerrillas in an operation that could increase tensions within the region.

The soldiers killed four rebels escaping after a failed attack on a Turkish unit near the border, the Turkish military said. It did not say when the troops, who were supported by Turkish warplanes, would withdraw. But private NTV television, without citing any sources, said the soldiers were on their way back to Turkey.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/ap_on_re_eu/eu_turkey_iraq_kurds#mwpphu-container
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 4:03am On Jun 17, 2010
This is not news as long as its not done by Israel
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by ElRazur: 10:02am On Jun 17, 2010
This is not the first time and clearly not the last. The Turkish if I remember correctly refer to it as "incursions". But I guess those who have rose tinted glasses around here will not say much.

Also, it may be of interest to people to have a read on actions of Turkey on the SS Struma ship.

Here is wiki for quick background reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Struma
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2010
Its ok folks . . . the jews are not involved so we dont have the frothing in the mouth from the false exponents of "peace" and "justice", no demands for UN "investigations, no cries about "international land", nothing about "disproportionate response", nothing from Ban Ki Moon to quote . . . infact no contributors to this thread.

lol it amuses me to think Turkey declares that they will fight "until the terrorist organization is eradicated". I'm sure Erdogan has forgotten Israel may want to take the same stance too when it comes to the HAMAS terrorists that he is only too happy to re-arm.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jun 19, 2010
The civilians that are killed are Guilty civilians unlike Israel who kills innocent civilians
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by ElRazur: 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2010
davidylan:

Its ok folks . . . the jews are not involved so we dont have the frothing in the mouth from the false exponents of "peace" and "justice", no demands for UN "investigations, no cries about "international land", nothing about "disproportionate response", nothing from Ban Ki Moon to quote . . . infact no contributors to this thread.

lol it amuses me to think Turkey declares that they will fight "until the terrorist organization is eradicated". I'm sure Erdogan has forgotten Israel may want to take the same stance too when it comes to the HAMAS terrorists that he is only too happy to re-arm.

Word.

In addition to that, I am gonna predict that if any one of them ends up posting in here, it will be typical bickering, clutching for straws, "insulting people then claiming they do not do so etc" or just plain acting stupid while missing the point.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by ElRazur: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2010
dayokanu:

The civilians that are killed are Guilty civilians unlike Israel who kills innocent civilians

grin

lwkmd.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by preselect(m): 5:00am On Jun 21, 2010
una no go kill me for this we nairaland grin

abeg na which one be ''guilty civilians'' vs ''innocent civilians''

kai, my people go kaita me with laff grin grin grin
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Tudor6(f): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2010
Where is Afam the so called crusader against 'hypocrisy'. . . We dont see the dimwit beaf and cohomology to come rain curses and 'jehovah's punishment' on  the Turkish army.

Is it only a 'massacre' and 'outrage' when people die in israeli hands?
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2010
^^ Are you suprised?
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Mariory(m): 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2010
[size=14pt]The Definition of Irony[/size]

It is our duty to find and eliminate terrorists wherever they are," Gen. Ilker Basbug, head of the military, said in response to a question about the possibility of a major incursion. He said the military has been using drones, bought from Israel, over northern Iraq to monitor rebel positions over the past 10 days.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100621/ap_on_re_eu/eu_turkey_kurds

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2010
It is our duty to find and eliminate terrorists wherever they are," Gen. Ilker Basbug, head of the military, said in response to a question about the possibility of a major incursion. He said the military has been using drones, bought from Israel, over northern Iraq to monitor rebel positions over the past 10 days.

You dont say!! shocked But it isnt Israel's duty to eliminate terrorists like Al Mahbou?
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2010
Arent the Kurds freedom fighters? Or only Hamas are allowed to be freedom fighters?

I dont even think Kurds carry out as much terror acts as Hamas, Al Aqsa and Hezballah
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by ElRazur: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2010
Bump! It will be evil to let this thread die without a comment from the Iranian huggers. grin

Please keep it up there for "them" to see. cheesy
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2010
Would oblige you
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by hercules07: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
Turkey has always invaded that part of Iraq chasing the Kurds, it was one of the concerns of Turkey that was allayed when the US were about to invade Iraq (they had to use Turkish Airspace I believe). As far as I am concerned, Hamas is fair game to the Israelis and the Israeli soldier is fair game to Hamas, let them kill each other.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by hercules07: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2010
I must add that it was wrong for Turkey to invade Northern Iraq.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 29, 2010
ElRazur:

Bump! It will be evil to let this thread die without a comment from the Iranian huggers. grin

Please keep it up there for "them" to see. cheesy

you mean those who "love peace and justice" are not here yet to "condemn" this "immoral use of disproportionate force"? shocked
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2010
^^ You no dey hear word,

Some phrases are only reserved for the Israelis, The peace advocates suddenly dissapeared
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Pharoh: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2010
Not only turkey, Iraq and Iran are also fighting the Kurds that's why Iraq is always silent each time turkey invades their territory to bomb the Kurdish rebels.

The Kurds are just fighting for their own separate independent state like the Palestinians.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by agabaI23(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2010
Oh! how things change? Where are the humanitarian organisations who were carrying 'food' to Gaza from Turkey? Time to act against their own government. Or may be turkey has the right to protect herself.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2010
na wao
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49am On Jun 29, 2010
The Kurds to my understanding were from a failed nation and its citizens are scattered over the region with surrounding nations like Turkey, Iraq, Iran, etc., picking up the spoils. Northern Iraq is where many of them are now taking refuge but the Turks would not let them be for reasons best known to them. What the Kurds have gone through is unspeakable as many of them living in Turkey have been maltreated to the extent that the Turkish govt. does not allow them to teach their language nor to have a voice.

For the U.N. to turn a blind eye to these atrocities perpetuated by the Turkish govt. and decide to come down heavily on Israel whenever they are defending their nation shows that we are seeing biblical prophecies unfolding before our eyes as Israel a nation brought back together in 1948 (no other failed nation has ever come back together) and the final culmination of this prophecy will happen when the nation realises who their Messiah is. The fact that the U.N. are more interested in the persecution of Israel than to address the injustices happening in Northern Iraq and among the Kurds or any other place shows that the end is nearer than we think.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by hercules07: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The Kurds to my understanding were from a failed nation and its citizens are scattered over the region with surrounding nations like Turkey, Iraq, Iran, etc., picking up the spoils. Northern Iraq is where many of them are now taking refuge but the Turks would not let them be for reasons best known to them. What the Kurds have gone through is unspeakable as many of them living in Turkey have been maltreated to the extent that the Turkish govt. does not allow them to teach their language nor to have a voice.

For the U.N. to turn a blind eye to these atrocities perpetuated by the Turkish govt. and decide to come down heavily on Israel whenever they are defending their nation shows that we are seeing biblical prophecies unfolding before our eyes as Israel a nation brought back together in 1948 (no other failed nation has ever come back together) and the final culmination of this prophecy will happen when the nation realises who their Messiah is. The fact that the U.N. are more interested in the persecution of Israel than to address the injustices happening in Northern Iraq and among the Kurds or any other place shows that the end is nearer than we think.

Bros forget all this end is near stuff, those people have been killing themselves for years and will continue to do so for some time. We all must condemn atrocities whether done by Turkey, US, Israel, Iran, Iraq or any other nation or group. We should not allow religion to bind us to the evil things being done by these people.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by hercules07: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2010
Abeg replace bind with blind, I no know book
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by suedoh2006(m): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
Middle east self dem too like war.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2010
Where is beaf, Sagamite, cohomology and other peace lovers?
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by bawomolo(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2010
lol this thread quiet o.
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Jun 29, 2010
OP,

Lets do a test, Change the Topic to Israel attacks Palestine and see the difference in responses from the peace activists
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by jokingmary(m): 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
Walayi I think say na turkey sad (turki) shocked
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by montelik(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
Its been 2 weeks since this thread was posted, yet no "peace activist" has offered an opinion cheesy. Na wa oh
Re: Turkey Invades Northen Iraq by favouredjb(f): 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2010
I cant believe this thread is only one page,seriously
this double standards na wa,if israel kills citizens albeit unknowingly they are innocent as someone pointed above

so this ones are the guilty ones abi?really where are ahmadijenad's fan club?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Woman At The Beach In Iran Before The Islamic Revolution, 1960 / Young President Barack Obama **pictures** / New King Of England King Charles Refuses To Shake Hands With A Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.