Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Book Discussion Club (africa) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book Discussion Club (africa) (6590 Views)

Stories For The Book Discussion Club (africa) / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. / The Book Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 17, 2013
Hi guys,this is the club for lovers of african novels.
Details on how the club will run will be posted as time goes on.Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
In the house
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
I think HBG should captain this thread, she's an avid reader of African novels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I second that!
@humbledbygrace we'd be honoured if ur humble self could be the coordinator of this club as you have proven worthy of the post.
Thanks in advance.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
Larry-Sun:
oooh Larry thanks dear
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
D-deola:

I second that!
@humbledbygrace we'd be honoured if ur humble self could be the coordinator of this club as you have proven worthy of the post.
Thanks in advance.
thanks D-Deola

M not expected to make a speech or sumthing right If I have to BRB need to go and rehearse my lines grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: oooh Larry thanks dear
Anything for you, sis grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2013
I'm in....
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hey guys...

I don't know hw we gonna do this because some of us don't have lappies for an e-reading but I would suggest that we use well known books which I think most of us have in hardcover.

A friend borrowed me a short novel, I found it perfect to start with as its not that long and I believe we must hv stumbled upon it along our academic years.

"The second chance" by Nyengi Koin
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hey guys...

I don't know hw we gonna do this because some of us don't have lappies for an e-reading but I would suggest that we use well known books which I think most of us have in hardcover.

A friend borrowed me a short novel, I found it perfect to start with as its not that long and I believe we must hv stumbled upon it along our academic years.

I haven't seen it.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I haven't seen it.
ask ur neighbour

Larry: Bros mi

Neighbour: My guy howfar nau?

Larry: Erm guy, you don read this book "second chance" by Nyengi Koin?

Neighbour: You living in iron age or what bro? Guy you be old school?...Nkechi! abeg gimme that book wey you been dey read your sister for night, grandpopsi wan read am..
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: ask ur neighbour

Larry: Bros mi

Neighbour: My guy howfar nau?

Larry: Erm guy, you don read this book "second chance" by Nyengi Koin?

Neighbour: You living in iron age or what bro? Guy you be old school?...Nkechi! abeg gimme that book wey you been dey read your sister for night, grandpopsi wan read am..
Goodness! HBG!
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Goodness! HBG!
grin grin grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
I haven't read it either, but I av seen it somewhere before...will get it somehow
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Bolushalom: I haven't read it either, but I av seen it somewhere before...will get it somehow
Thanks dear

But we still wait fot Ma'am D-Deola
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks dear

Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 19, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Thanks dear

Awww thanks.but you are now the captain ma'am, so let's set the ship sailing.I think we need rules though,so we can keep this place organised.
Btw i dont think i've come across that book before but i'd ask around.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2013
D-deola:

Awww thanks.but you are now the captain ma'am, so let's set the ship sailing.I think we need rules though,so we can keep this place organised.
Btw i dont think i've come across that book before but i'd ask around.

Thanks..I will wait for u guys to let me know wen u have the book.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by agatha4life: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Hey guys...

I read the book in high school but can not re call the story line. Will gladly read it again if i can find a copy.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
agatha4life:

I read the book in high school but can not re call the story line. Will gladly read it again if i can find a copy.
ayt
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
When's the discussion gonna kick off? It's been years!
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:
When's the discussion gonna kick off? It's been years!
Did u read the book I asked u to look for?

Ur neighbour is still using it?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Did u read the book I asked u to look for?

Ur neighbour is still using it?
I haven't found it yet. I live in a cave.
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I haven't found it yet. I live in a cave.
I give up
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I give up
I'll try to grab hold of it...give me a Second Chance, dear grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I'll try to grab hold of it...give me a Second Chance, dear grin
I don't do 2nd chances
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I don't do 2nd chances
You mean that?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:04am On Jan 21, 2013
Larry-Sun:

You mean that?
No Larry but please get the book
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I give up
I think you should come up with a list of other books which we can choose from,this second chance seems to have gone awol.please.

1 Like

Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by LarrySun(m): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2013
D-deola:

I think you should come up with a list of other books which we can choose from,this second chance seems to have gone awol.please.
We may suggest some, right?
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ok then...hope I will know em
Re: The Book Discussion Club (africa) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2013
Morning guys

I have done some research and so far I haven't seen anythin interesting, especially when we are an 'online' book club. I wonder if some people will actual keep up as I see people dragging their feet here. I chose a book which none of you could get provided its a Nigerian product!

Anyway there are mordern Nigerian books but some of us don't have access to e-books, I don't have internet access except on my phone.

This is the list of five books that we are gonna kickstart with, forgive me if m being harsh.

1. When rain clouds gather-Bessie Head

2.Maru - bessie Head

3. Cry the beloved country - Alan Paton

4.Comfort Herself- Geraldine Kaye

5. Weep not child- Ngugi wA thiong'o

All this book are non Nigerian but please let me know which of them you agree on. And we will discuss on sunday afternoon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex Has She Taught Me (18+) / Who Is This Monster¿? / Phindia.com ~ Books, Ebooks Publishers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.