Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers (13766 Views)

Apple Iphone 6s Most Likely To Be Announced On September 9 / 30 Funniest Apple Iphone 6 Bendgate Jokes & Meme You'll Ever See On The Internet / Apple Iphone 6 Release Date, Rumors Update: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by omafones: 1:22am On Jun 17, 2010
Moderators please bear with us this is not a sales pitch per se but information other NL'ers might find useful[b][/b]

We at Omafones have had a large number of requests regarding the new iPhone 4G, these are our own 2 kobo thoughts;

The Iphone 4G released in US & UK are locked to participating networks, any phone brought to Nigeria will have to be 'software unlocked' those of you who experienced problems with their 3Gs software unlocked phones will know how unpleasant this can be. (after spending so much money)

We always advise that Apple iphone from 3G (with new upgraded OS), all 3Gs and most likely the new 4G should always purchased 'factory unlocked' . Bona-fide Nigerian suppliers such as Slot, Smartbuy and even our humble selves Omafones know where we legitimately get our 'factory unlocked' iPhones, I would recommend customers wait until these are out before rushing to buy, if at all available or thinking of getting your brother to send you one from the States.

'Early adoptors' some of us are early adoptors and will readily snap up the latest gadgets, bugs and all before it is truly tested. You might wish to exercise some patience before rushing out to get the new 4G iPhone unless of course you main object is 'effeezy' then whether the phone works well or not is of little consequence; at least your guys would have seen you with the latest iPhone 4G !! abi?
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by moonraker(m): 7:54am On Jun 17, 2010
@ Omafones

Good Info, Actually, The unlocked versions of the iphone 4 are avaliable for pre order in the UK, France

and Hong kong, I made a thread abt iphone 4 pre order, the price is outrageous shipped from hong kong via DHL,

as you stated, its would be wise if peeps can have some sort of patiences until the prices go down,

FYI, two iphone 4s in 16 and 32gb are due to be shipped into nigeria and buyers are on ground already,
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by puskin: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2010
Nigerians are always rushing for the latest fone when the best they can get out of it using our GSM networks here is to use it and make calls/ send texts and maybe few of them will send/receive data. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by faithin9ja: 12:30am On Jun 18, 2010
@Moonraker
yes your're right our supplier has also offered us Apple iPhone 4G on 8 days pre order, bloody expensive though. Big issue is that they use the new micro-sim card, do any of the phone providers in Nigeria provide this? I ask the question for the Ipad as well as this to uses the micro-sim for 3G and I have customer asking for the Ipad wth wifi & 3G, how will he/she be able to use it in Nigeria? any answers please,
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by mishooo(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2010
If you need your i Phone to be unlocked, call 08032979155
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by audacious: 11:13am On Jun 23, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Moonraker
yes your're right our supplier has also offered us Apple iPhone 4G on 8 days pre order, bloody expensive though. Big issue is that they use the new micro-sim card, do any of the phone providers in Nigeria provide this? I ask the question for the Ipad as well as this to uses the micro-sim for 3G and I have customer asking for the Ipad wth wifi & 3G, how will he/she be able to use it in Nigeria? any answers please,

This should work: http://www.cutmysim.com/
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by 222sal: 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
if you need your iphone to be unlocked with 11 free extra softwares making life easy
email me presidentialbox2009@gmail.com
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by ferdonfx: 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2010
hi please how much does it cost i will like to have one if it will work with Nigerian networks do repply me to ferdon4realguy@yahoo.co.uk pls use iPhone as you subject so i will know thanks.
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by chicoll: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2010
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!!
IPHONE 3G 32GB FOR SALE
PRICE:100,000
PLS CALL COLLINS ON 08062712892
NOT CHINA MADE, WAS PURCHASED FROM APPLE SHOP IN THE US
HURRY WHILE STOCK LASTS
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by truthseeka: 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2010
which network in Nigeria supports MicroSIM

Etisalat?
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by oludy: 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2010
none that i know of. but you can cut the sim cards we have.
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by zarrek000(m): 2:56am On Aug 29, 2010
yea you dont have to worry about small sim cards, cut you old one but dont cut any part of the gold thingy, there are 100s of vids on youtube regarding this matter, also, apple are selling all iphone 4g unlocked so i guess getting one from uk, canada or US will be okay
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by omafones: 1:26am On Aug 30, 2010
Yep guys, it appears Apple have taken a que from the Google Nexus One and are selling unlocked 16gb & 32gb iPhone 4 - factory unlocked and sealed, with over 250,000 'apps' I personally don't see any need to 'jailbreak' and use unapproved apps, maybe someone will post and tell why 'jailbreak' is important.

Micro-sim - we at Omafones have started selling iPhones in Nigeria, we sell along with the phone a micro-sim cutter, so you can cut your current sim down to size, we also give along with the micro-sim cutter an adaptor so your 'cut' sim can still be used in any other phone.

The micro-sim is also used in the iPad - these too we have sold.

catch us at www.omafones.com or email us at info@omafones.com or call us on 08033068085
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by moonraker(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2010
@ omafones,

u missed the whole picture, the fact that the iphone 4 is unlocked

doesnt mean you use apps not bought from the app store right outta the box,

Jailbreak is still necessary. without the jailbreak, the iphone could be boring,

you can customize it to your taste,

now speaking of apps, do u have an idea how much an app cost?? how many nigerians

can shell out that amt when they can bearly feed?
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by moonraker(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2010
@ omafones

Unapproved apps are not in anyway beta that the real deal but they are free and they have the potential

of being more that what the app store has now,

I thank you very much for stating the fact that some peeps might buy a 175k phone for show off especially nigerians.

typical example, BB craze. everyone wants a blackberry but majority of them who own that phone cannot afford to pay

5000gs per month, you see my drift now??

and erm when i used the word customize, i meant themes, ringtones etc, i am not aware of an app in the app store that

can give u different themes and even the ringtone section of the app store is poo,

P.S: u knw exactly what yur talking abt, thumbs up
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by omafones: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2010
what happened to my previous post
Re: Apple Iphone 4g In Nigeria - Important Pointers by dimeodun: 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
If you are interested in Apple iPads:

WIFI
16GB N97,000
32GB N115,000
64GB N133,000

WIFI + 3G
16GB N120,000
32GB N138,000
64GB N155,000

We also deal in specialized ordering of all kind of gadgets and accessories at very affordable prices from reliable sources.

O & O Gadgets
info@oandogadgets.com
www.oandogadgets.com
, affordable gadgets you can trust!

(1) (Reply)

Zain Ng Introduces Data Trariff & Plans / Help: How To Root HTC Sensation Z710e Without Pc. / *etisalat 1gb For #500*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.