Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Pls, How Do I Stop MS Word Updates On Windows 8.1 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls, How Do I Stop MS Word Updates On Windows 8.1 (1116 Views)

How Can I Set Up Or Run My Python IDE On VS Code On Windows 8 / Problem Opening The Ms Word 2010 File Format - .doc / The Official Method On How To Download Official Windows 8.1 ISO With Ease. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls, How Do I Stop MS Word Updates On Windows 8.1 by Eze2000(m): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2018
Hello,

I make use of Ms Word on a Windows 8.1 pc and of late Microsoft has found a way to shut it down or disable it. You see, I am one of those that use the hacked version of this software then block all automatic updates. It has worked for me for nearly two years now but of late Microsoft has started updates to the software and this new updates bypass all the blocks.

One moment you are using the software fine and the next, it tells you an update is available. Doesn't matter if you click it after a while, Ms Word will just ask you to input your product key and if you don't, they block the software. The only opinion left is to force remove it because you can't even uninstall it.

I have been hit by this problem 4 times in the last 2 months alone. It has become so much, once u install the software now, it takes them like 2 weeks to shut it down. I have tried everything from setting my internet connection to metered, to block internet access to the software with the Windows firewall. No show. Microsoft still finds a way to enter my pc. I just found out this morning that they deleted the firewall block on Ms Word which was why it has updated again.

Before you advise I turn off windows update and software update, that is what I do once I install the operating system.

I have searched online for ways to block ms word through registry but can't find it.

Don't know what to do again.

Plese, help.

I use Ms Office 2016

(1) (Reply)

Want To Learn Programming On Your Own? These Ebooks Will Get You Up And Running / Techpally.com On Top Sites To Learn Computer Programming Free Online In Nigeria / Download Psiphon 3 Pro For Android, Ios And Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.