Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (27653 Views)

Karim Benzema Announces His Retirement From International Football / Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by OKOOMOGE: 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sad to hear this! Wishing u d best in all you future endeavours.
However, some people will come here and blame Buhari for this.
God Help us.
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by sagitariusbaby(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Rip carl
Na your papa die abi na who dey Rip for your family
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Hedriz(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
tstx:
You think you are funny
Ogbeni, commot for here joor. I tell you sey I funny
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2018
sagitariusbaby:
Na your papa die abi na who dey Rip for your family
if you love him so much go and die in his stead ewu
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
Earthquake1:

He's not dead!
I thought he is announcing his obituary in advance
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by divinelove(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
potent5:
What a loss to Nigerian football.

I am not sure he was missed in Russia
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by kitaatita: 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
dedons:
Another Buhari's achievement.

I pity the Zombies.
Possible Psychotropic substance abuse victim. What has Buhari got to do with Karl Iheme's ailment and retirement from football?
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by notoriousbabe: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
His village people finally got him
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Wellfixed2323: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Check out my bio

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Akpacha(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
Earthquake1:

He's not dead!
Na only dead pple de rest in peace? He retired to go and rest and I wish him to rest in peace in his retirement.

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Naza25: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
Another gentle giant we had in the eagles, I wish him the best in his future endeavours
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Ccdavies(m): 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
hopilo:
God will complete you healing.
Amen!
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by jossy4joseph(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
I love you Carl Ikeme. May God almighty heal you completely. Bravo

1 Like

Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by potent5(m): 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2018
divinelove:

I am not sure he was missed in Russia
Your opinion.
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Ingocof(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Amagite:
Super Eagles goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, has confirmed his retirement from football.

The 32-year-old announced the news to his Wolverhampton Wanderers teammates, before a training session at Compton on Tuesday morning.

Ikeme took the decision, after consulting with medical experts, following his 12-month battle with acute leukaemia.

Last month, Ikeme announced on Twitter, that he was in complete remission from the disease, after “a tough year and intense chemotherapy”.

The goalkeeper has 10 caps for Nigeria and made 274 career appearances in all competitions, with over 200 of them coming for Wolves.

"After advice from the doctors I have taken the decision to retire. It’s not a sad day for me but one to look back with fondness and joy for being able to live my dream . I just want to thank everyone at @wolves for there support over the years. We have rode the good and bad times together , an I’m great-full to of been apart of the clubs history. I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone again soon and being back around the club and city !! Thank You!!! �◼️❤️" he wrote on his Instagram page.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/breaking-super-eagles-goalkeeper-carl-ikeme-announces-retirement-from-football.html

I was really thinking this guy would go with Nigeria to the nations cup and there come home with nations cup trophy and then retire, anyway congratulations for the victory over the sickness
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Karence(f): 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Rip carl
You wan kill am? shocked
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by COMPAQ(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
Now that's someone the FG should give a national award to! instead of thieving past millitary rulers, governors and shady business men.

He is much more of a hero to me than all of them put together.
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by DrHighchief(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Y e be say na wen e start to dey keep for super eagles dem come discover d sickness? God perfect your healing bro...
Re: Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football by Sleekfingers: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2018
National award for what. I don't even know him. Anyway enjoy your retirement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enyimba Vs Warri Wolves: Federations Cup Final (5 - 4) On Pens - 15th Sept 2013 / Pastor Emmanuel Badu Kobi Euro 2021 Final Prediction Goes Wrong / Mixed Martial Arts Fan Thread: UFC, Bellator Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.