Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters (2172 Views)

Salvage NISSAN TITAN 5.6L 8 2005 - Ref#15006104 / Eze Dele Ajayi & Co: We Are Into Tax Matters,consultancy: Etc / Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters by inze(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2010
Na wetin person no go see. . . . Abeg make una help me read through, cos i no know abi na understand which one this ppl dey.

[center]REF: Personal Income Tax Matters[/center]

Further to our earlier letter dated 17th February, 2010, duly served on you on the 1st of March, 2010, in respect of your new vehicle(CAR NOT INDICATED*make una no mind me) with registration number (i don comot am). Your Failure to respond to the above letter within the statutory timie limit has since rendered this assessment notice final and conclusive by virtue of Section 66 of Personal Income Tax Act Cap 8 LFN 2004.

Accordingly, and pursuant to Sections 75(1) and 76 of same act, you are required by law to effect payment of the assessed liability of N231,750:00, plus 10% penalty (N23,175:00) and 21% interest (N53,534:25) totaling N308,459:25(three hundred and eight thousand, four hundred and fifty-nine naira, twenty five kobo only), within seven (7) days from the date of service of this demand notice to the Government Coffers through any of the designated banks without further delay using the following codes:

[center]Agency Code: 4250003[/center]
[center]Revenue Code: 4010002[/center]

Failure to comply with the above, this office will not hesitate to impound the vehicle involved and also prosecute you to enforce payment.

Please note that subsequent correspondece in respect of this payment should be forwarded to the Office of the Co-ordinator, Informal Sector/Professional 1, located at 107, Agege Motor Road, Idi-Oro, Mushin, Lagos. For further information, please don't hesitate to contact the Co-ordinator (Hakeem Abiru) on 08023153559.

SIGNED
HAKEEM ABIRU
CO-ORDINATOR (INFORMAL SECTOR 1)

------------------------------------
E-mail: headoffice@lirs.net. www.lirs.net Tel: 01-8511579-82

=========

Now, the thing is, this car was purchase Dec 2008 at Berger Yard. The car was cleared from Tin-Can and all paperworks indicates so. Am i paying personal income tax to the tune of that amount for a car that was bought for less than a million?

Viperman
phemmy and others make una put mouth , abi na one job-man sit down somewhere wan job me soo

NB: Then letter was sent to my house address with which i used to register the car n the above is the second letter that was sent .
Re: Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters by olamicash(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
hahahahaha this is crazy my brother if this is really true, have you tried to call to play along.
do u understand this and what are you paying for you borrow money by the car or what
i am confuse please give us more details and lets know. if you are online give ur number i can call u and conference to the number and we will both ask them
no fear na trick
Re: Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters by samtoye(m): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
Personal Income Tax or PIT means Tax levied on some specified Income earned by you, nothing more nothing less. Tax (PIT) on you Vehicle?? is this a joke? Please play along, get policemen in plain clothes to respond to this man, we need to get rid of dumb people like this. Please respond to him!!!!
Re: Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters by inze(m): 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
Thanks y'all but i guess there's no need to make calls. I just found out its been discussed here before:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-341861.0.html

Its not really a 'Tax' on te Car per say but a Personal Income Tax Assessment scheme. . . (as they say)
Re: Ref: Personal Income Tax Matters by butg: 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
hi guys, i would like to know if there was any findings made on these ppl that sent d PIT mail. I just a replica of the mail posted earlier, the only difference between my letter and this one is just the date, name of recipient (i.e mysef)and d details of my vehicle if am not mistaken, The funny aspect of this issue is that this my vehicle HONDA ACCORD 1996 model was actually stolen from where it was parked in Ibadan ( as claimed by my friends that were with the vehicle on the day it was stolen i.e 10th march, 2012), but to my surprise, I got dis funny mail from this so called informal sector professionals in October 2012, notifying me of the worth of the vehicle and the due tax I am to pay on the vehicle that has been stolen and no where to be found.
I was actually shocked with the letters coming in on monthly, becos I hav been skeptical and wouldnt want to go to the police so as not to fall a bigger prey, Though I reported the case of the stolen Vehicle to Nigeria Police when the ugly event occurred and I have document given to me by the police still in my possession, I really want to know if these informal people are real. I am suspecting that the guys in possession of the stolen vehicle are only trying to get back at me via the mails, so out of curiosity i had to google the name of the organsation on the net but no useful info couldnt be obtained except this link and am so glad there's an existing link for me to get ppl's advise and views. I would appreciate any useful response please may be I can recover the stolen vehicle through your help.
thanks

(1) (Reply)

99/2000 Toyota Avensis @ Cheap Price N620k Banix 017383301 08035376690 / Very Clean Registered 2002 Lexus Rx300 For N1.3m!!!SOLD!!!SOLD / very neat registerd rx 300 (sold,sold)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.