Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) (1679 Views)

Top Video Games Of 2022 (so Far) / List Of Top Video Game Developing Company (what's Yours?) / Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by LucemFerre: 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
Sorry for the previous mix-up hopefully the bot don't spot me this time.

So I've put together a list of video game developing companies I think are the top in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. Sorry if your favorite isn't on the list but, you could add it below.

Feel free to make corrections and contributions.

ENJOY!
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by LucemFerre: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
1. ACTIVISION
Activision is a game developing company that is worth $18.9 billion, located in Santa Monica, California, USA. It was founded on 1 October, 1979 presently with more than 9,000 employees. However, in 2007 it was merged with Vivendi games, which changed the name to Activision Blizzard with Vivendi currently holding 52% of the company shares. It has a net worth of around $18.9 billion, a net income of $0.274 billion and revenue of $7.017 billion in 2017.
Since it's inception it has had partnership with studios like Treyarch, Neversoft, infinity ward, sledgehammer games, Bungie to name a few.
In recent times Activision have suffered a major hit from fans for allegedly not putting to enough work into game development. This was made evident by their Infinity war trailer being one of the most disliked videos on YouTube. I almost cried for them that year. The game didn't sell as well as it's ancestors but, did good nonetheless.
These are some of the major games by Activision:
1. Call Of Duty series (2003-present)
2. Prototype series (2009-2012)
3. Blur (2010) and I hate them for not releasing another series after this
4. Destiny (2014-present)
5. Doom 3 (2014)
But, I gotta say Activision is one of my top favorite game company because of COD and the movement in prototype was insanely fluid.

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
2. Electronic Arts (EA)
EA is an American gaming company situated in Redwood, California, USA. It was founded on 28 May, 1982. I'm unsure of it's present net worth but, it has total assets of about $8.584 billion, net income of $1.043 billion and revenue of about $5.150 billion all in 2018. It currently has over 9000 employees.
Okay hands down EA has to be the best game developing company in terms of variety of subsidiaries producing games in almost all the gaming genre, right... Oooorrrrr is it?
There are lots of controversies surrounding EA and I'm not gonna go into that. If you want details, Google them.
EA was referred to as an Evil company in the past years for acquiring small companies and changing almost everything about them. And when it's not working, the shit then down.
EA has also been accused (which is more of a fact than just accusations) of including LGBT characters in their games (yuck!).
The recent stunt pulled by EA to maybe appease the feminists was Battlefield V, which shows a woman with prosthetics in the war front. That was frowned upon by lots of fans and history buffs for being historically inaccurate. And to think that a company who tried so hard to make Battlefield 1 a historically accurate game, would do better at their next release.
Like, the difficulty of a woman to fight in WW II was like 9/10 not to talk of being in the war front. In response to all the criticisms, the game's executive producer Aleksander Grøndal wrote on Twitter that "we'll always put fun over authentic."
Heh! Of course
There were so many other controversies like customer exploitation and the rest but, like I said, I won’t on into all that. Those were just back stories to see how far they’ve come.

These are some of the major games developed by EA/subsidiaries:
1. Battle field series (2002-present)
2. FIFA series (1993-present)
3.Medal of honor series (1994-2002)
4. Need For Speed series (1994-present)
5. Crysis series (2007-2013)
6. Dead space series (2008-2013)
7.Mirrors Edge Series (2008-present)
8. Titan fall series (2014-present) etc.
I gotta say though, I love EA the best. They do "everything.”

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
3. Ubisoft Entertainment SA
Okay, now we move to France.
Ubisoft is a game developing company with its head quarters in Montreuil, France. It was founded on 12 March, 1986. Presently with about 13000 employees as at 2017, a net income of €561.8 million and a revenue of about €2.984 billion as at 2016.
In past years while EA was battling with anti-feminists and anti-LGBT and History buffs, Ubisoft was battling with not including female characters in their multiplayer co-op for Far Cry 4 and Assassins Creed Unity. Ubisoft however explained that it was because the couldn't get the right animation for a female character before the decision was taken. Hehe... That's a ridiculous excuse.
Anyways I'm not here for controversies.
Ubisoft is a very successful game production company creating features like Uplay, a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications service for PC.
Here are some of the top games developed by Ubisoft:
1. Assassins Creed series (2007-present)
2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Reacon (2001-present)
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow six (2001-present)
4. Tom Clancy"a Splinter cell (2002- 2013) You remember your favorite Symbian phone shooter, eh
5. Beyond Good and Evil (2003-present)
6. Devil May Cry 3 Windows (2006)
7. Watch Dogs series (2014-present)
8. Far Cry series (2005-present) etc.
I love their collection too kept me awake, damnit

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
4. Naughty Dog
I’m not putting these game developers on the list because I’ve played any of their games but, these guys produce games with the BEST graphics. Yea, I said it. Watch the making of Uncharted 4 and you’d see what I’m sulking about. And I’m m interview with the design team they said they limited the graphics quality because of the limited capability of the console to handle a more complex graphics than the one they produced. Heh! Nighty Dog rocks.
Naughty Dog is an American game developing country with its headquarters at Santa Monica, California in USA. It was founded in 1984 and was later bought by Sony in 2001. It has up to 200 (more or less) employees. But, I couldn’t get their net worth for obvious reasons. They’re part of Sony assets.
Naughty Dog won an award for the spike video game awards in 2013 for the best studio of the year.
They are regarded as the only studio to pull of the most realistic kiss in the video gaming industry in The Last Of Us 2 trailer (unfortunately, it was gay)
These are some of the top games developed by the company:
1. Uncharted series (2007-present)
2. The Last of Us (2013-present)
3. Crash Bandicot (1996-2001)

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
5. Rockstar Games
Whenever I think about Rockstar, I don’t see the logo. The first thing that comes to my mind is GTA. The nostalgia is that serious.
Rockstar is a video game industry founded in December 1998 with its headquarters situated in New York, USA. It’s net worth is estimated somewhere around $3.5 billion thanks to the Grand Theft Auto series which has a shipment of about 250 million copies as at November 2016. GTA V alone has sold over 80 million copies, making it the one of the highest (if not the highest) selling video game of all time.
Despite making GTA V a first-person and third-person shooter, Rockstar tried to intentionally avoid going in the direction of the FPS, wanting to be different from the conventional style of shooting games. They want players to know what they are doing and feel the surrounding and see what’s happening even when you are not looking towards that direction. I mean, why put details in a game for activities to be simultaneously taking place if no one is gonna simultaneously watch, right?
These are some list of Rockstar games:
1. Grand Theft Auto series (1999-2013)
2. Max Payne series (2001-2012)
3. Red Dead series (2004-present)
4. L.A. Noire (2011-2017)

3 Likes

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
6. Bethesda Softworks
I haven’t played any game from these guys too but the positive vibe they seem to maintain among their fans made them one of the top game developing companies to consider.
Bethesda is an American video game developers, head quartered at Rockville, Maryland. It was founded in 1986 by Christopher Weaver. It has an estimated net worth of $3 billion with 400 employees.
I apologize to the Bethesda games fans. I don’t know much about this company to talk more on it. But if anyone knows you can add it below and I will be grateful.
Here are the list of some of the top games by Bethesda:
1. The Elder Scrolls series (1994-preent)
2. Pirates of the Caribbean series (2003-2006)
3. Fallout series (2008-present)
4. Doom series (2010-present)
5. The Evil Within series (2010-present)
6. Dishonored series (2012-present)
7. Wolfenstein series (2014-present)
Bethesda, ladies and gentlemen. I gotta say it’s a pretty relevant gaming industry.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2018
Honorable Mentions

- Nintendo: Nintendo should have been on the list but, how many people do you know in Nigeria that plays wiiU, switch or DS? Very insignificant number

- Square Enix

- Bungie

- 2K Games

- Konami

- Namco

-Sony Entertainment

-Microsoft studios
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
I get a bot ban everytime I post Activision review.
It's on the number 1 spot. It will be made available when I'm unbanned.
Thanks

Thegamingorca
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by GameGod(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Habaaaaa! No Warner Bros aka WB?

Batman arkham series
Injustice 1 & 2
Mortal kombat series
Shadow of war and mordor
Mad max
F.E.A.R
Dying light
Etc....... Habaaaa
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by GameGod(m): 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2018
Lucemferre2:
I get a bot ban everytime I post Activision review.
It's on the number 1 spot. It will be made available when I'm unbanned.
Thanks

Thegamingorca
Mods mkmyers45 and cao , why is bots banning people for no reason?
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
GameGod:
Habaaaaa! No Warner Bros aka WB?

Batman arkham series
Injustice 1 & 2
Mortal kombat series
Shadow of war and mordor
Mad max
F.E.A.R
Dying light
Etc....... Habaaaa

Haha, no vex o...

Injustice and MK were developed by NetherRealm, Shadow of Mordor and fear were developed by Monolith productions. Mad Max was developed by Avalanche studios.
They were all just published by WB
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by isaiah9(m): 12:41am On Jul 28, 2018
Telltale games
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Thegamingorca(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2018
Without Bethesda there would be no gaming for me

Skyrim is the best game to befall this generation
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by HyDef(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
I'm glad you put Nintendo as an honourable mention, because they are easily my top. Too many memories from too many top notch titles over the years.

Second for me might be Valve.
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by frubben(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
Naughty Dog is da best for me ooooo.

love their graphics

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by LucemFerre: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thegamingorca:
Without Bethesda there would be no gaming for me

Skyrim is the best game to befall this generation

Hmm... Unfortunately I've never played any game from those guys o... I'm I a gamer at all?
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by LucemFerre: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
HyDef:
I'm glad you put Nintendo as an honourable mention, because they are easily my top. Too many memories from too many top notch titles over the years.

Second for me might be Valve.

Ninetendo are doing very well judging from positive reviews from their fans. But seriously, N64 was the last of Nintendo I experienced

Valve does kinda deserve a spot in the honorable mention too but, all they have to do is release Half Life 3 grin
Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by HyDef(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
LucemFerre:

Ninetendo are doing very well judging from positive reviews from their fans. But seriously, N64 was the last of Nintendo I experienced

Valve does kinda deserve a spot in the honorable mention too but, all they have to do is release Half Life 3 grin

Same here. I owned the N64, so I played a lot of the games for it. The other half I emulated. tongue
I've played a lot of Gameboy Advance games, a few for the DS, and a single title each for the Wii and GameCube. So, I'm not quite up to date with them, but I guess it's mostly loyalty to their multiple franchises.

Yes. Half-Life 3 is all we need right now, but nooooo... Valve doesn't want to make the world happy. A shame.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) by Lucemferre2: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Gaming Centre. / How I Get My Games And Accessories / [tut] How To Play Free Psx Roms On Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.