Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? (55462 Views)

Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Jaiz Bank: Has Anyone Done Business With Them? / A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2018
EsotericMonk:
It's funny how people answer questions, we just throw in answers which do not address the concern of the Op. Clearly, we're mentioning our favourite banks.
@op, opening a dorm account has pretty similar pre-conditions for many of our banks.
- 2 referees with current account
- opening balance of $100 (no matter the currency you're opening the account in)
- dorm card for $10
- utility bills
As per which bank is best, thats very subjective cos many of our banks are shitty. When I did my due diligence, many of my friends said they settled for diamond bank cos they offered a pound card (clearly many were interested in a pound dorm account).
Last last I decided against opening the dorm and simply upgraded my regular account to enable me make forex transactions while also opening an account abroad with XYZ bank.
Hope this helps
Opening an account abroad from Nigeria "US" precisely how possible is that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by moshino(m): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2018
Pentools:

Good offer.

This is how you fail exams. First you said "juicy offer", the guy asked you to explain, then you said "good offer". But you still have not answered him. What is "good offer", what makes it good, compared to other available offers?

7 Likes

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Eze2000(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2018
seyiojomu:
GTB is your best option. Flexibility of controlling your accounts at ease is a selling point. They are also the most international transaction friendly bank I have seen around even in the midst of our FX instabilities.

Do they pay interests on my deposit? And how many referees do i need. I wanna open one dom account next month this is why i ask
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Eze2000(m): 10:29am On Aug 05, 2018
Veetee:
i have a personal gtb dorm account and i just opened a corporate account with zenith and skye bank. the skye bank isnt fully active yet because the referess i used where not from skye bank. my zenith is fully active for now .

How many referees. And do they have saving variant?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Eze2000(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2018
supereagle:

You are very correct.
Do they have a savings variant of the Dom account?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by chukel(m): 10:40am On Aug 05, 2018
Adefemiaderoju1:
Having domiciliary account is not a problem but when you want cash out your money � � they will be telling you they don't have dollars they Can only pay you with naira bullshit
true
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Eze2000(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2018
spiritedtete:
What the op is trying to get is the bank charges... In depositing and tranfering... For example GTB charges 10 USD for any thing below 100 USD when tranfering... And also there is a charges .0.5% when you want to with draw or even transfer. (I don't know if same applies for transferring to other international banks)

On the dom usage flexibility like other bank.... Including Zenith they change policies anytime... But GT will always give you time to adjust.

More also recieving money from bank outside is easy unlike some bank that will hold it first... Up to a week. With GTB no matter the volume 3days you will see your money.

More also GTB to me and though Zenith with one or two other banks in Nigeria are the only bank that practice beyond retail banking.

Many of the banks in Nigeria can't even interprets or work with payment instruments.

Your answer so far is the most comprehensive but you over looked something. How much is will they charge for deposits into the account? I mean when money enters

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by icenti: 10:43am On Aug 05, 2018
jazinogold:
I think Wema bank has the best domiciliary account...cheap rate and swift transaction.

have you tried ALAT by wema....it has a virtual dollar card were you can load any amount of dollars in it and use for online shopping and transactions, I use it for my Facebook Ads....its awesome

they are the worse when you expecct to recieve payment back from merchant site... you wont be able to get payments back even if you call CC.. i suggest you use a bank you can communicate with CC live or talk to a bank manager who can tend to your needs

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by chukel(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2018
Eze2000:

Your answer so far is the most comprehensive but you over looked something. How much is will they charge for deposits into the account? I mean when money enters
no charge

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2018
Rooneyboy:

Opening an account abroad from Nigeria "US" precisely how possible is that
If you have a job or business concern or your visa type permits you (eg student visa with >6 month residence) to then its no biggie. You'd ofcus need to present evidence of such or a letter of introduction from the job or school , your passport , evidence that you pay bills.
This is generally speaking, I don't know of US in particular.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Dami12345: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2018
ellalina:
See rich people talking about money

I see you a lot now.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by sharrp: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2018
Can one receive money from abroad via his dorm account and withdraw over here in nigeria
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by sugarbeesmith(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2018
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by seyiojomu(m): 11:21am On Aug 05, 2018
There are no interests on FX deposits.
You will need to references, similar to opening any current account. A Dom account will be created for you alongside a card account (mastercard?) for that Dom account.

Eze2000:

Do they pay interests on my deposit? And how many referees do i need. I wanna open one dom account next month this is why i ask

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by seyiojomu(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2018
No, Dom accounts will not give you interest on your deposits. As a matter of fact, you pay a yearly charge if you have a card attached to the account. Naira to dollar deposits in-country is not ideal and no official information is ever given on that possibility. As a rich or highly enterprising customer though, they can bend rules for you if you speak to your account officer.
I don't work in the bank though, but you can visit any GTB, they always have friendly customer service personnel's and ready to answer our ridiculous questions always.

lordm:
please can I have your contact number, I need some info about dom account. Do they give interest like normal savings account. I just want to open it and save my money in dollars. I don't want to transfer to anyone. Please I need to ask you questions. Does the bank change naira to dollar for you when you want to deposit, etc. Please I intend opening up the account on monday

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by ntyce(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2018
qwertygeni:
Dear Nairalanders, please I would like to know the best bank to open a Domiciliary account with with respect to the ease of opening, charges likely to be incured ( bank commission, travelex and offshore) and minimum account balance. I intended to make a payment of less than $1,000 to a company in China thru transfer or western union. So I decided to use transfer using Dom account as I can't make subsequent transaction using Westernunion cos of quarterly restrictions.

I have been to more than one branch of some banks like GTB, first bank and FCMB and I hear different things from different branches of same bank . My experience is that most of these guys at the FX table of these banks are either not sure of these information especially on charges or purposely not sincere.

Dear all, I will be grateful for all info that could be of help in this regards.

Thank you.

If you intend paying a company in China, why not make use of CBN fx window for SMEs. You get to buy at 358 naira per dollar @ Skye bank.
No need opening a domiciliary account, all needed is a corporate account and your proforma invoice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by lereinter(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2018
ellalina:
See rich people talking about money

yu getting Hot abi

nawa o
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Jesus5656(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
franzis:

Use your Nigerian paypal account linked with your debit card ( ecobank mastercard preferably, rate is N362 / $1) to make the payment , just ask the seller to send you their paypal account address or they send you prepayment invoice to your PayPal account.

First bank , GTbank accepts lower dollar amounts , the easiest way to open a dorm account with these bank is to have a current account with them by that 90% of the account opening process is done.
my name is David.. pls how do I get PayPal account pls.. 08034403341--wasap

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by mainstreets(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
Skyebank all the way
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by lordm(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
seyiojomu:
No, Dom accounts will not give you interest on your deposits. As a matter of fact, you pay a yearly charge if you have a card attached to the account. Naira to dollar deposits in-country is not ideal and no official information is ever given on that possibility. As a rich or highly enterprising customer though, they can bend rules for you if you speak to your account officer.
I don't work in the bank though, but you can visit any GTB, they always have friendly customer service personnel's and ready to answer our ridiculous questions always.

thanks bro, I don't need the card, I only want to save and withdraw with withdrawal slip, I hope there will be no hidden charges for that. But I guess they will sell dollar for me at the bank to deposit, and if I withdraw I intend changing it at aboki. So is there any charge since I will not be using the dollar card?
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by supereagle(m): 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Eze2000:

Do they have a savings variant of the Dom account?

I use that one. once you have a current account with, to open dom is hassle free.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by orangeberry2: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
qwertygeni:
Dear Nairalanders, please I would like to know the best bank to open a Domiciliary account with with respect to the ease of opening, charges likely to be incured ( bank commission, travelex and offshore) and minimum account balance. I intended to make a payment of less than $1,000 to a company in China thru transfer or western union. So I decided to use transfer using Dom account as I can't make subsequent transaction using Westernunion cos of quarterly restrictions.

I have been to more than one branch of some banks like GTB, first bank and FCMB and I hear different things from different branches of same bank . My experience is that most of these guys at the FX table of these banks are either not sure of these information especially on charges or purposely not sincere.

Dear all, I will be grateful for all info that could be of help in this regards.

Thank you.

Call this number 07035641845

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by softthings: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Eustace70:
I am using zenith Bank now, but my problem with them is that they refuse to take lower dollar notes, when depositing you must have $100-notes
oga that's not true!
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by mybestlove(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2018
Non. They are all fraudsters
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by budget4(m): 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
visit any UBA Branch n enjoy this service thank you

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by NwaliE01: 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
I have used GTB for 6 years now and I have had no issue at all till date. Their Service charge is far better than UBA and Zenith Banks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by bravehost4u(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hallenjay:
how much for opening deposit
For individual Dom account, what you need is a 100 Pounds, Dollar or Euro. Depending on your currency of choice. Note that this initial opening balance is withdrawable. The only strict amount required to remain in your account is 1 Dollar, Pounds or Euro.
You are entitled to an ATM card that works perfectly outside the country.
Our mobile app can be used to transfer funds from your Dom account to any part of the world.
You have access to online banking too.
Onboarding is seamless and easy.
PM me for further assistance

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by bravehost4u(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
sacramento1212:

Diamond Bank with their minimum operating balance of $100 for Individual account and a higher amount for Corporate accounts?

For individual Dom account, what you need is a 100 Pounds, Dollar or Euro. Depending on your currency of choice. Note that this initial opening balance is withdrawable. The only strict amount required to remain in your account is 1 Dollar, Pounds or Euro.
Our mobile app can be used to transfer funds from your Dom account to any part of the world.
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by bravehost4u(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
seyiojomu:

Diamond Bank Dom account pays interest. You can even do fix deposits in Dollar, Pounds or Euro
Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by sacramento1212: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
bravehost4u:

Except the situation recently changed or it's an in house development, what i was told was a minimum of $100 operating balance for an individual account while $2,500 for a corporate account.

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by bravehost4u(m): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
ntyce:

If you intend paying a company in China, why not make use of CBN fx window for SMEs. You get to buy at 358 naira per dollar @ Skye bank.
No need opening a domiciliary account, all needed is a corporate account and your proforma invoice.

This one is outdated. What is onboard is Naira-Yuan swap... But as an importer, having a Dom account is necessary

1 Like

Re: Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? by Remijuice: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Amberon11:
Why should Nigerian banks request for referees from Nigerian adult citizens?
Just to Make it difficult for us because they benefit more when you don't have foreign account and they are the one doing the conversion for you.

For example, if you receive payment they may pay you 280 to 1dollar into your local account.
But if you have Dom account you can withdraw your hard currency meet the BDC and exchange it 320 to 1dollar.

Imagine if you are changing up to $100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nwanta Anayoeze Yonaracha Sprays Money At Opening Of Escoba Smith Hotel In Abuja / Play Baba Ijebu On Your Phone And Get Winning Numbers Here. / Piggybank Or Cowrywise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.