Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Scope Of Practice Of Dental Nurses By The Registration Board - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scope Of Practice Of Dental Nurses By The Registration Board (649 Views)

The Folly Of Restricting The Migration Of Nurses By The Nigerian Government / Cost Of Dental Braces / Scopes Of Practice And Duties Of Dental Therapist In Relation To Dentist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scope Of Practice Of Dental Nurses By The Registration Board by bloomstar: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
The dental team is made up of different teams which makes the work of dentistry more effective and efficient since there is fine division of labor between the team mates.

But at some extents, some team mates do not know their boundary in the field of the dental work and as such dive into the sphere of other senior team members by doing the work mapped out for a specified team members. This became a problem in the profession and have resulted to the effective and clear mapping out duties and scope of practice of each team members.

previously i have researched and made a comprehensive post about the scope of practice for the dental therapy, read it here: scope of practice for the dental therapy

Here I will write about the dental nursing as I have written about the dental therapists in relation to the dentists. You can read that, i posted the link up

Dental nursing is a team of dentistry that are charged with responsibility of providing an assistance to the dental surgeons and the dental therapists. There Scope of practice of Dental Nurses include but not limited to

Sterilization of dental instruments
Setting of dental instruments and materials before health care procedures
Assists in placing of saliva sucture for patients with excessive flow of saliva and cannot control them.
Helps in medicament preparation.
They also help to clark pateints for minor dental health care problems.
They are to administer antiobiotics for some procedures that requires the use of antibiotic before it.
And many assisting works, here is a comprehensive list of their duties as the board specified, and thus team mates are not to step into others work to avoid embarrassments and quarrels in the field of practice.

source: https://generalhealthinfo.com/2018/07/27/scope-of-practice-of-dental-nurses-by-registration/

lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

What Is Womb Blocking? / Woman Wears Mascara To Bed For 25 Years And This Happens / Please Help Me Get This Drug!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.