Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? (735 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Fulani Hunters Having Fun In My Farm In 2015 - Aroms Aigbehi Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by snazzyDeb: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello farmers. I applied for land at Ogun Osun River Basin and fortunately i was awarded farm land with the option of choosing between Igbojaye or Ofiki in Oyo state.

Does any one have any idea how these places are. I am skeptical if i should turn down the offer as i was told that there is crisis around these region. I have checked online and checked news and could not find anything of such.

Any farmer in Nairaland around that region, kindly share your experience.

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by dominique(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
You were given the land for free?
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by snazzyDeb: 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:
You were given the land for free?

No, its a lease. 10k per ha.
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by dominique(f): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
snazzyDeb:

No, its a lease. 10k per ha.

Ok. That's very reasonable. Hope the land favours you
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by snazzyDeb: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:

Ok. That's very reasonable. Hope the land favours you

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by Haywhylee(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
snazzyDeb:
Hello farmers. I applied for land at Ogun Osun River Basin and fortunately i was awarded farm land with the option of choosing between Igbojaye or Ofiki in Oyo state.

Does any one have any idea how these places are. I am skeptical if i should turn down the offer as i was told that there is crisis around these region. I have checked online and checked news and could not find anything of such.

Thank you.

my home town is very close igbojaye and ofiki respectively
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by snazzyDeb: 6:03am On Jul 29, 2018
Haywhylee:

my home town is very close igbojaye and ofiki respectively

Thank you. Are the areas conducive for farmers?
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by jethro2: 6:21am On Jul 29, 2018
snazzyDeb:

Thank you.

I know several Farmers at Ogun Osun axis of Igbojaye.
The place is peaceful for farming except occasional challenges of Fulani herdsmen eating cassava farms
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by snazzyDeb: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2018
jethro2:

I know several Farmers at Ogun Osun axis of Igbojaye.
The place is peaceful for farming except occasional challenges of Fulani herdsmen eating cassava farms

Thanks for your response. The occasional issues of herdsmen eating cassava is everywhere.
I had the same challenge in my Osun farm, but we later became friends and they willingly pay for damages because of the mutual understanding.
As long as i dont chase down their cows and kill them.
Thats where the issues usually starts.
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by Haywhylee(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
snazzyDeb:

Thank you. Are the areas conducive for farmers?
yes
Re: Anyone Has A Farm In Igbojaye Or Ofiki In Oyo State? by koolib(m): 6:27am On Jul 30, 2018
Pls how and where did you apply for the land?

(1) (Reply)

Farm Attendants And IT Students Needed / ... / Selling Cassava For Planting, Harvesting, Cleaning And Peeling, Slicing, Starch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.