Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,034 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

My 1hectare (15plots) Project - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 1hectare (15plots) Project (6151 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Set Up 1Hectare Of Land Of Cassava And Maize farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
It's high time I joined the big league

So much anticipation had followed this project up to this very moment. Thank God, it finally saw the light of day today.

The 1 hectare (15plots) was acquired and I intend to explore the lands to the fullest. It is located at Itekun just after Igbesa, Ogun state. But since I reside in Lagos, the fastest route to my farm requires you passing through Iyana-Isashi then crossing over a river.

After much consultations with like minds, I decided to go into the following farming;

1. Maize
2. Cassava
3. Groundnuts

Nevertheless, I still have to be very careful because being able to maintain a garden is very much different from real farming. Also, I totally do organic farming.

So far, I have been to clear the land and made moulds.
1. Clearing: N3000 per plot (15x3000)= N45,000
2. Mould/Heap Making: N2000 per plot (15,000x2000)= N30,000
3. Packing of piles and dirts: N10,000

That's how well and how far I could bargain. The jobs is been done.

7 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Munzy14(m): 10:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
ahead ahead @op following jejely..
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
While making the heaps, I had to beg/threatened/appeal to them over and over to work with the specifications I gave to them. Distance between heaps should at 1m x 1m spacing. Well, at least they tried cry . I got almost 70% of what I asked for. angry .these people can disappoint sha!!! I just had to keep my cool virtually throughout the job been done.

2 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Joy83(m): 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
Interesting efforts there.. Did you buy the land or just lease?

1 Like

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by permit(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2018
may be am gonna follow you up with your new update,please do well to shear every thing with us. Thanks
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
PLANTING MATERIALS
1. Cassava stems (TME 419): N1000 per bundle for 1plot, as gotten from my source from Badagry (Ikoga precisely)
Bought 7bundles for the main time.
: N1000 x 7 = N7000 (For 7 plots)
2. Maize (treated): N4000 worth.

3 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Yian1(m): 12:33am On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

So much anticipation had followed this project up to this very moment. Thank God, it finally saw the light of day today.

The 1 hectare (15plots) was acquired and I intend to explore the lands to the fullest. It is located at Itekun just after Igbesa, Ogun state. But since I reside in Lagos, the fastest route to my farm requires you passing through Iyana-Isashi then crossing over a river.

After much consultations with like minds, I decided to go into the following farming;

1. Maize
2. Cassava
3. Groundnuts

Nevertheless, I still have to be very careful because being able to maintain a garden is very much different from real farming. Also, I totally do organic farming.

Well-done...That's a great idea. May you not do it in vain.

I want to introduce you to one of our products:

Super Gro Liquid Fertilizer

Super Gro, as the name suggests, is the most wonderful natural liquid fertilizer ever produced for agro industry. It is meant for the purpose of growing crops and plants in order to add value to them. This is to ensure that agricultural productivity is enhanced both in quality and quantity.

Super Gro Liquid Fertilizer being natural in essence means that it is devoid of chemical input which makes it different from the conventional chemical fertilizer that we all know. Because crops and plants depend so much on water, Super Gro is meant to improve the quality and quantity of water as required by these crops and plants for wonderful growth and production by adding the essential nutrients they require for that purpose.

Advantages of using Super Gro Liquid Fertilizer

(i) It increases plant and crop yields. Increased maximum production is assured.

(ii) Because Super Gro makes water wetter, it increases soil penetration and retention.

(iii) It enables farmers save a lot of time. A minimum portion of land produces maximum output (maximum yield).

(iv) It enables farmers save a lot of money. A minimum input produces a maximum output(maximum yield).

(v) It is highly concentrated and therefore, very economical. A little quantity goes a long way.

(vi) Biodegradable -- It leaves no harmful residue on the products of the crops and plants.

(vii) It ensures the uniformity of crops, plants and their seeds or products.

A trial will surely convince you!

To place an order, contact us on 08164269252

Thank You.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by majralph: 2:13am On Jul 29, 2018
Nice one bro, but i feel the cost of land preparation is on the high side. Are there fellow farmers in the area?Maybe you can make enquiries from them so you don't pay too much for labour. Following
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2018
majralph:
Nice one bro, but i feel the cost of land preparation is on the high side. Are there fellow farmers in the area?Maybe you can make enquiries from them so you don't pay too much for labour. Following

That's what I thought too. But that was the cheapest I could get. Though, same charges involved removal of stumps and a few trees. That was my only consolation.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by letsfarmnigeria: 7:06am On Jul 29, 2018
nice one bro but u can get a little knowledge in clear pics and videos to support your land clearing and maize planting activities just visit letsfarmnigeria..com and learn more u can ask questions and get answers , i think it will still guide u , remember no knowledge is lost
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by MarketGardener(m): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:
PLANTING MATERIALS
1. Cassava stems (TME 419): N1000 per bundle for 1plot, as gotten from my source from Badagry (Ikoga precisely)
Bought 7bundles for the main time.
: N1000 x 7 = N7000 (For 7 plots)
2. Maize (treated): N4000 worth.

Nice Job Looking Forward To Learn From You How It All Goes. And Some Things I Like To Cheap In Why Not Let Some Of Us Reading This Trend Do An Inten For You It May Reduce Cost Of Labour In Your Farm, Just Ask Us And You See The Turn Ups.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 9:17am On Jul 29, 2018
letsfarmnigeria:
nice one bro but u can get a little knowledge in clear pics and videos to support your land clearing and maize planting activities just visit letsfarmnigeria..com and learn more u can ask questions and get answers , i think it will still guide u , remember no knowledge is lost

Thanks.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

That's what I thought too. But that was the cheapest I could get. Though, same charges involved removal of stumps and a few trees. That was my only consolation.
Prior the opting for this option, I made inquiries from the locals on getting a tractor to come do the job after stumps removal but, that seemed impossible. The closest I could get one is from Lusada, and even if I did, access road from Lusada pass Igbesa to Itekun is barely motorable. I also contemplated throwing fire to the bush grin but way too risky. So, I had to result to the aforementioned. cry
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Yhemit(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

Prior the opting for this option, I made inquiries from the locals on getting a tractor to come do the job after stumps removal but, that seemed impossible. The closest I could get one is from Lusada, and even if I did, access road from Lusada pass Igbesa to Itekun is barely motorable. I also contemplated throwing fire to the bush grin but way too risky. So, I had to result to the aforementioned. cry

hahahh.... fire ke, you can use herbicides on it now
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 10:28am On Jul 29, 2018
Preplaning operations

My cassava came in quite early. Already getting to work. Had to neatly cut the stems into 30cm each. I got a lot of No be so we dey do am o!! You just dey waste the stems. I have no intentions of compromising, Not now.
Moreover, using the IITA standard of 30cm - 25cm in length, I think I am on the right track. And the plant is being done with insertion into the heap at an inclined angle at 45°

Secondly, due to my organic methods, I have no intentions of using herbicides on my land. NEVER!!! Nevertheless, I hope to use my organic ways to control weeds;

Method to employ:
1. Use of Vinegar mixed with salt and soap.
(Tried it for a while in my garden now and it gave me the result I wanted)

4 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2018
Yhemit:

hahahh.... fire ke, you can use herbicides on it now
Herbicides for thick bush? I seriously doubt!!! (May be wrong though). Nevertheless, I don't do chemicals and not planting to start now.

5 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Yhemit(m): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

Herbicides for thick bush? I seriously doubt!!! (May be wrong though). Nevertheless, I don't do chemicals and not planting to start now.

you can go for the bush burning, just make sure you're there through the burning o.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by oyetpel(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Wow, Well done sir.
Starting a farm is expensive o, looking at your expenses up there, kudos.
May you have a bountiful harvest.
How much was the land leased to you?
Bro, why not try plantain plantation when next you get another land?

1 Like

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Felilad: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

1. Maize
2. Cassava
3. Groundnuts

Are you planning to do intercropping ?
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by stagger: 3:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

1. Maize
2. Cassava
3. Groundnuts

1 hectare is 10 plots. You have been raped.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
stagger:

1 hectare is 10 plots. You have been raped.
I very much disagree with you. The land was measured at 60 x 120ft per plot. In total, there are 15plots on the land. This sums up to 2acres and 3plots.
Nevertheless, your measurement might be different from what was used for me.

#positiveVibes only

7 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
Felilad:

Are you planning to do intercropping ?

Certainly Yes.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
oyetpel:
Wow, Well done sir.

Starting a farm is expensive o, looking at your expenses up there, kudos.

May you have a bountiful harvest.

How much was the land leased to you?

Bro, why not try plantain plantation when next you get another land?

Spoiler alert!!! I do have an acre of plantain already. Still summing up the figures against what is usually posted online.

1 Like

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by oyetpel(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

Spoiler alert!!! I do have an acre of plantain already. Still summing up the figures against what is usually posted online.

Ok.

How much did you get the land?
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by noeloge82(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2018
jidestroud:

I very much disagree with you. The land was measured at 60 x 120ft per plot. In total, there are 15plots on the land. This sums up to 2acres and 3plots.

#positiveVibes only

U are very correct 1 hectare standard measurement is 15plots while 1 acre is 6 plots

And someone saying u have been raped for giving u 15 plots instead of 10plots I thought that would have been ur advantage cos it means u paid for less and got more well u actually got it right with ur measurements ride on

5 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Ddoy17: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
jidestroud:

#positiveVibes only

You are very correct bro!! Ride on...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by gbengaoa(m): 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Weldone brother. It's a good step. But in your land preparation, the cost is extremely high and this will really affect your profit margin but this can only be brought down if you have a lease agreement for more than 3yrs. I will suggest that you should try and look I to sourcing labor from other farmers within the location of bring in laborers from other location to cut you cost.
As regards going organic for weed control, that will also impact on your production cost and at the moment the Nigerian market is not particular about organic or inorganic produce.
This is my observation and submission from my little time on the field.

1 Like

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by deking(m): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
Well done. It is always a great sacrifice to share this level of knowledge.

Keep it up.
Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
gbengaoa:
Weldone brother. It's a good step. But in your land preparation, the cost is extremely high and this will really affect your profit margin but this can only be brought down if you have a lease agreement for more than 3yrs. I will suggest that you should try and look I to sourcing labor from other farmers within the location of bring in laborers from other location to cut you cost.
As regards going organic for weed control, that will also impact on your production cost and at the moment the Nigerian market is not particular about organic or inorganic produce.
This is my observation and submission from my little time on the field.

Totally agreed with you on the high cost. But the land wasn't leased anyway. Outright purchase.
Also, you are totally right again on the organic/inorganic methods on farming. I am almost tempted to give in walahi but I just have to use this as a pilot project (quite expensive though) to see if it can be done. One of the major reason why I did cassava. Bad as e bad reach, something must come out! cry

5 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
So far, about 7plots have been planted. We have 8more to go. Never knew planting just 15plots could take this long. Though, the man I gave the job to actually brought just extra hands to help out.

1 Like

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by jidestroud(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
But on second thought, in think I got a good deal with the price of clearing after running the figures against other farms. Very much within budget allocated for the farm.

5 Likes

Re: My 1hectare (15plots) Project by Yhemit(m): 6:03am On Jul 31, 2018
jidestroud:
So far, about 7plots have been planted. We have 8more to go. Never knew planting just 15plots could take this long. Though, the man I gave the job to actually brought just extra hands to help out.

Great job Bro..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start Yam Farming In Nigeria / ## Newly Constructed 5000 Capacity Pig Farm With Farm House For Sale / How To Become D Youngest Millionaire With Just Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.