Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care (46786 Views)

This Adorable Little Bird Is A Real-life Vampire (Videos, Photos) / Breath Taking Images Of Outer Space. “heaven’s Gate” They Said / Adorable Animal Snaps That Will Melt The Hardest Heart( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by homesteady(m): 7:35am On Jul 29, 2018
Racoon:
shocked shocked Duck hatchlings can be this plenty? I mean how can a mother duck incubate this amount of eggs @ once

Read the article...

4 Likes

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Reference(m): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2018
homesteady:

Read the article...

Anything you want to hide from Africans, put in writing. Anything you want to sell to Africans, put in images. Anything you want to make Nigerians understand, put in music and get Davido to perform for added attention....

6 Likes

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by sisisioge: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2018
How really cute...mothers are usually good team leads grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by blingxx(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2018
Kharol1234:
see as dem line up like say dem dae assembly ground... D ducks mama na mother of virtue

some of those ducks won't make it to adulthood they will get eaten by eagles, crocodiles or other predators at one point undecided it the law of nature
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by sammycashly: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2018
na so bro
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by princetemitee(f): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2018
I Hope U Can Learn From This Animal Pets
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by omoiyalayi(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2018
Imagine duckling line up straight like that their mother sef will have peace and she will do anything to protect them

imagine that the mother is a nigeria president and the duckling as Nigerians the mother will not know peace she won't be able to gather & care for them like that

Some of them will even be claiming they know road more than her sef, some will even go their separate ways, they will insult her tire

I can imagine some of them forming coalition against her in the name of ngo grin

Lolzzzzzzzzz grin
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Lexusgs430: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2018
That's why I love birds..... The human + feathered variety, they love, care and protect.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by deebrownneymar: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2018
obafemee80:
A mother duck has been captured in a set of adorable pictures caring for no less than 76 ducklings – and despite the size of the brood, her feathers remain unruffled.

The remarkable images of the common mergansers were captured by Brent Cizek at Lake Bemidji, in Northern Minnesota, the photographer’s home state.

The 32-year-old told MailOnline Travel: ‘From what I've been told, this is a common practice among common mergansers.

‘Mergansers will dump their eggs into multiple nests, so when they incubate they have eggs from other mothers in the same nest.

‘However, they can only incubate up to 20 eggs. So while some of these chicks may be hers, it's not possible for all of them to be from her.

‘She likely picked them up from other mothers when the ducklings got separated and it's also possible that she is caring for all of the babies on the lake.

‘There is greater odds for survival if the brood is much larger.’

At first Mr Cizek counted 50 ducklings in tow, then on another trip to the lake he counted 76. In one picture he managed to capture 56 ducklings following the mother.

When he posted his images of them online they quickly went viral.

Twitter user Hannah J Waters commented: ‘Is there anything sweeter in the universe?

Adult ducks can’t tell which birds are theirs, and lost young birds that have already imprinted on their own mothers will instinctively start following another common merganser because she looks like mom.’

Gwendolyn G Bieschke wrote 'real men shoot ducks with cameras!' and Beverly Jones said 'this is just magnificent'.

User Holly Landau joined in, too, writing 'thank you for noticing something so awesome and sharing it with us'. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-5995649/Adorable-images-Brent-Cizek-mother-duck-SEVENTY-SIX-ducklings-care.html

So this oyinbo person no know say na creche be That? E think say dem lose their mothers. I just they observe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by omoijesa(m): 8:36am On Jul 29, 2018
Location and how much is it...plz note flat rate
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2018
Aldebaran:

Some mothers are like this duck in nature...
They treat other kids just like it is theirs... kiss
definitely not under buhari regime my broda
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Horus(m): 8:57am On Jul 29, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8X3zWgnQzM

Mama duck with 76 ducklings on Minnesota lake

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 29, 2018
Adorable

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by charlesucheh(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2018
If it's in Nigeria, all they will see is Duck barbecue, grilled pepper duck, Duck pepper soup! Ahbeg! When are we going to start keeping this creatures for our generations to see? I use to see pepeye a lot when I was growing up and even thought people don't eat them, until one day I saw one yoruba boy eating what looks like chicken and even long throat ed for him to gimme some, until he broke the ice and told me it was a duck fowl meat! Yuk! I almost threw up!
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Itzolamide360(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2018
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Smarkie: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2018
awesome
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by freeDR(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2018
4601CE:
If this was in Nigeria .
Erosion will carry some of those ducklings.
Thief will carry some.
Motor will jam the mother duck and all the remaining ducklings will most likely die miserably from other natural or artificial disaster.
Nigeria my country![img]https://media1./images/e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4/tenor.gif?itemid=4986298[/img]
If you can't help your country, help yourself by not making stupid comments. Thanks
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by KanwuliaExtra: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2018
Mother duck get “orphanage” water-home too? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Biggers82(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2018
4601CE:
If this was in Nigeria .
Thief will carry some.
Motor will jam the mother duck and all the remaining ducklings will most likely die miserably from other natural or artificial disaster.
Nigeria my country![img]https://media1./images/e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4/tenor.gif?itemid=4986298[/img]

Lolzzzz that's true bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Fortissimo502: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2018
Even animals can be neat and orderly but some humans choose not to. If you are reading this and you are one of those humans, SHAME!
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Legendri18(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2018
[
Na asa go carry all of dem. sad
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by homesteady(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2018
Reference:

Anything you want to hide from Africans, put in writing. Anything you want to sell to Africans, put in images. Anything you want to make Nigerians understand, put in music and get Davido to perform for added attention....

grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Orlatunday11(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2018
This is great

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Snieder(m): 11:21am On Jul 29, 2018
That's a huge number @ 76. I really love this, We should emulate from this mother duck, despite our tribe and ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by pacespot(m): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2018
impressive

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by doyinisaac(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ever8054:
look at how orderly they are moving...more organize and civilize than Nigeria leaders...including buhari,fayoshe,Dino malaye,sarki..
grin grin grin
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Kharol1234: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
blingxx:

some of those ducks won't make it to adulthood they will get eaten by eagles, crocodiles or other predators at one point undecided it the law of nature
e b like say na u b d eagle and crocodile wer go chop dem abi

1 Like

Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by BIXYBABE: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
Make I quickly go born.......Mich419 meet me in ur room around 8pm.......Shebae ur husband dey find u, I told him u dey nairaland
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by obafemee80(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
Kharol1234:
e b like say na u b d eagle and crocodile wer go chop dem abi
Lols grin
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by PreciousBro: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
This can be likened to the real definition of cuteness. For those who like to chant 'Kiut' at any given opportunity sighting any picture with a slay queen in it.
Re: See The Adorable Images Of A Mother Duck With 76 Ducklings In Her Care by Switruth: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
4601CE:
If this was in Nigeria .
Thief will carry some.
You're being damn truthful. Kudos

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Smart Meter And How It Is Being Hacked / Edo Hunter Kills A Huge Buffalo (Photos) / Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.