Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,170 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Person Of Jesus (contd) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Person Of Jesus (contd) (221 Views)

Apostle Agochukwu: ''Nothing Will Happen To The Person Who Refused To Help You" / Whenever I Am Hurt, And I Cry, Something Bad Must Happen To The Person / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Person Of Jesus (contd) by pastorlams(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2018
…Continued from “The Person of Jesus”
Think about Jesus, He once met a woman (Let’s call her Lucy). Lucy was the crazy chic of the town, she was popular for being a love peddler. Every man she’d been with played her and no one wanted to marry her. It would be a shame to parade her as wife… She’d been with way too many men. But Lucy was growing old and had become too used to the company of a man-lover and the lifestyle of a wife. Though she wasn’t anyone’s wife, she couldn’t live without having a man in her life and as result she fell into more heart troubles and made terrible relationship choices. She was confused, had shame written all over her till she just didn’t care what anyone thought about her anymore, “it’s my life” and “I don’t care” were two of her most common statements. She recently began cohabiting with a new guy she met not long ago, they were cool but she knew he wasn’t ready to wife her. Men are useless! She thought.
Person of JesusLucy didn’t want to live like this anymore, but shame ruled her life and stifled her from being courageous enough to change her life for the better. You see, shame is a very limiting spiritual thing. It robs one of their boldness, potentials, courage and abilities. It’s like a dark haze or smoke that chokes ones spiritual capabilities and potentials. But Jesus, He came to replace shame with blessings and Joy and courage and boldness with clarity!
Lucy was at the community well one evening, when no one else would be there to get some water and that’s where she met this awesome glorious man who she’d never seen before.
Jesus was going on a journey to Galilee from Judea but had to go through Samaria when He felt a little tired and asked all His disciples to get get some food. He asked all 12 of them to go cuz something was cooking and He sensed He’d be changing someone’s life there ☺.
That’s when Lucy came along. She knew he was from a different city from his looks and didn’t even bother to say hi. Then Jesus said to her “give me some water”, she probably thought it was some new pick up line men had began using on ladies so she declined His request saying “we have nothing in common, you’re a Jew, I’m a Samaritan” (don’t push it, you ain’t my type sorta�) and asked Him to get His water by himself. Then Jesus began talking about living water and Lucy didn’t know when she dropped her guards, He also uncovered some of her deepest secrets on her relationship issues, giving exact figures in the process. By the time Jesus was through speaking with her she ran into the city to tell the men “come see a man who told me all I ever did, isn’t this the Christ”?!
The shame was gone, boldness and glory had come! She would forever be known as the one who brought the Messiah to the city! She would never be the same again! Her reputation as a love peddler was gone into thin air. She’d become an evangelist and everyone could see a new person in her and they went to meet Jesus through her.
Jesus also stayed a couple more days in the city and blessed more lives but it all happened because of Lucy, Jesus’ grace on Lucy ☺.
Anyone who meets Jesus experiences something quite like this. He takes the shame and pain away! He brings joy, comfort and celebration into your life. Jesus never condemns anyone. And He showed that yet again with this woman. His love is everything! He’s here to take away the shame, guilt, condemnation and pain. He got rough only with people who were rough on others and sought to cunningly make merchandise of others but He was kind to everyone. When you meet Jesus, His love, grace and genuineness would so much bless you such that you’d do anything for Him. You’d talk about Him so much till you and others begin to wonder at your sanity because something unexplainable is unleashed once you experience the love of Jesus.
To be continued…
With Blessings,
Pastor Lams �.

Read more inspiring posts on pastorlamsblog.com

Re: The Person Of Jesus (contd) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2018
Follow the Christ and not the Jesus.
Re: The Person Of Jesus (contd) by Doerstech(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
Give Me JESUS...

(1) (Reply)

Love In Action / You Have The Power / HMMMM This Is Very Aggressive, Watch This Deliverance And Healing Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.