Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can (6207 Views)

Nigeria Can Still Qualify Depending On CAF Descision On Who To Take Guinea' Spot / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For Morocco 2015 / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Fhemmmy: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigeria cant make it pass the qualifying stage, no need to raise a false hope
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by no1madman(m): 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2010
Obodo999:

Never underestimate a wounded lion. Now that noboby is expecting anything from the Super Eagles, they can now relax and play their normal game now the pressure is off. Remember, when your back is against the wall,

You read it here first
hahaha!wounded chicken!abeg,dem no fit fight. .i feel they r destined 2 fail.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by bigboysdnt: 12:01am On Jun 18, 2010
It is over for 9jer why are we always full of hope without making a good plan come on guys
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by seedord247(m): 12:11am On Jun 18, 2010
why can't we work for our self rather then depending on someone
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mamagee3(f): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2010
Emmmm, I don't think I can still hope in a team that lost 2 straight matches in the world cup.

A team that has daft midfielders, weaklings as defenders and a lizard as a captain.

Leaving the whole match and savings to one man, the goalkeeper to do all the work.

Nah, I don't believe in a bunch of daft punks!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by seedord247(m): 12:17am On Jun 18, 2010
and more also are we the only team that lose.

France lost to Mexico this evening and this cup is only meant for one country not two.

A tress does not grow in a day and i believe that we will still get there
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mamagee3(f): 12:22am On Jun 18, 2010
^^You're a dumbass. . .

Did France lose 2 straight matches?

Nigeria is the only country and African nation to have 2 losses in the World Cup.

So, don't look for an excuse for those ridiculed, losing, jokers, Super Chickens of a team. . .

You can continue believing but I tell you from what I saw today in the match with Greece accompanied with the lack of

defense and midfielders preventing the shots and stopping the ball from reaching the net, it's way easier for North Korea to

beat the heck out of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by deeboiz: 12:26am On Jun 18, 2010
Sani kAITA IS making international news bearly 10 hrs after a shameful act. Read more here

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Kaita-s-red-card-could-be-this-World-Cup-s-worst?urn=sow,249204

Let go celtics
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mamagee3(f): 12:36am On Jun 18, 2010
Kaita is the biggest disgrace to have stepped foot into the World Cup stadium.

What a horrible player and most importantly human being!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by OJ2010: 12:37am On Jun 18, 2010
Can we name one intelligent player in the eagles line up? None with football sense, there is nobody that you can compare with the likes of Siasia, Okocha, Oliseh etc in terms of brainwork in this team, its all muscle they have got to show. So how do we beat Koreans with these bunch of brainless players? Infact there is need to introduce IQ test to qualify players into super eagles.
No coach can do anything these bunch of players
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Rastamann: 12:40am On Jun 18, 2010
Poor Super Eagles, Goodluck did not follow them to South Africa!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by seedord247(m): 12:46am On Jun 18, 2010
Hey Dead,  mama gee

Have they finished the Group stage or what? are we the only team that will lose in this group stage, ? USA host the cup in 94 they never win it even in 98 they lose in the group stage, in 2002 they lost in quarter final to Germany  in 2006 they were not knockout by Ghana in group stage.

Did they kill their self tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Jun 18, 2010
OJ2010:

Can we name one intelligent player in the eagles line up? None with football sense, there is nobody that you can compare with the likes of Siasia, Okocha, Oliseh etc in terms of brainwork in this team, its all muscle they have got to show. So how do we beat Koreans with these bunch of brainless players? Infact there is need to introduce IQ test to qualify players into super eagles.
Oh my gosh!

You got me rolling on the floor laughing at the IQ test part.

Rastamann:

Super Chickens, you mean? grin grin grin

seedord247:

Hey Dead, mama gee

Have they finished the Group stage or what? are we the only that will lose in this group stage, ? USA host the cup in 94 they never win it even in 98 they lose in the group stage, in 2002 they lost in quarter final to Germany in 2006 they were not knockout by Ghana in group stage.

Did they kill their self tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

And who the heck is talking about host Countries?

We are debating about a team that had the opportunity and strength to beat a weaker team but failed on so many levels.

A team with dafty defenders, dumb midfielders and a captain that looks like a wall gecko.

Plus a lunatic named Kaita, Don't even get me started with that asswipe. grin grin

Can you imagine how disgraceful it would be for Nigeria to be eliminated in the early period of the tournament? undecided

If you don't care about being humiliated in front of your friends, I care cause my friends would talk smack about my country.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by SEFAGO(m): 12:50am On Jun 18, 2010
Rastamann:

Why will goodluck leave Aso rock to focus on soccer?
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by seedord247(m): 12:52am On Jun 18, 2010
OJ2010:

You that is talking can you race a ball not too talk of even playing,  let me tell you when luck is against you'll accept your faith.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mamagee3(f): 12:54am On Jun 18, 2010
SEFAGO:

Why will goodluck leave Aso rock to focus on soccer?
He/she was probably talking about the real "goodluck" not the president with a funny name. grin
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by OJ2010: 1:00am On Jun 18, 2010
@mama-gee- I am serious. These bunch of players have low IQ. e.g have you noticed that Taiwo Taye plays freekick this same way? try and error shooting directly into the wall of defence? and he has to thought of trying to do something else. If that's the way Beckham and Ronaldo of this world are playing spot kicks they will not be getting results. its as simple as that. The only player with good IQ in that team is Kanu but his strength will fail him on the field. We need players with brains then the coach's task will be a lot easier.
The coach cannot be possibly teaching this grown-ups how to string intelligent passes like Oliseh used to give Yekini.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by seedord247(m): 1:03am On Jun 18, 2010
mama-gee:

Oh my gosh!

You got me rolling on the floor laughing at the IQ test part.

Super Chickens, you mean? grin grin grin
And who the heck is talking about host Countries?

We are debating about a team that had the opportunity and strength to beat a weaker team but failed on so many levels.

A team with dafty defenders, dumb midfielders and a captain that looks like a wall gecko.

Plus a lunatic named Kaita, Don't even get me started with that asswipe. grin grin

Can you imagine how disgraceful it would be for Nigeria to be eliminated in the early period of the tournament? undecided

If you don't care about being humiliated in front of your friends, I care cause my friends would talk smack about my country.

Spain have the best squad of this tournament did they win their match against Swiss ?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Everything in this life is 50-50 even when you sleep there is no tendency that you will wake up, Greece are not in this tournament to sleep neither to lose to anyone, their intentions is to win as we also want to. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by OJ2010: 1:05am On Jun 18, 2010
@Seadof-you are right i can't raise football and that is why i am not a footballer but i thank God i strive to be on top of my trade.
But i am intelligent enough to know the difference between great players like Zinade, Messi, Ronaldo etc and  below average players like the present super eagles bunch. Football sense!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by seedord247(m): 1:12am On Jun 18, 2010
Can some one tell me the tribe of the NFF Chairman?
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mamagee3(f): 1:17am On Jun 18, 2010
seedord247:

Spain have the best squad of this tournament did they win their match against Swiss ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Everything in this life is 50-50 even when you sleep there is no tendency that you will wake up, Greece are not in this tournament to sleep neither to lose to anyone, their intentions is to win as we also want to. kiss kiss kiss
Emmmm actually that was Spain's Opening match.

Nigeria lost 2 straight matches, I think you need to give up already cause there's no justification for those losers.

Let me put it to you like this, the super chickens were daft when it came to defense, uncharismatic in speed and passes and absolutely failures in dribbling.

Can you imagine the Nigerian goal keeper had 9 saves while the Grrek goal keeper barely had 2 saves.

That tells you a lot about those losers.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by OJ2010: 1:23am On Jun 18, 2010
@seadord- i agree with you you need a little bit of luck to win but also you need to work hard with it. The super eagles problem is not just luck but lack of depth from these players. If we were not lucky in our last two games we would have conceeded nothing less that 8-10goals but we were lucky enough to have Enyeama to make those saves. Let me ask how many attempt at goal did we have in these matches? the statistics are there for all to see. Its very simple you cannot score without making attempt and you cannot win without scoring.
And talking about Spain yes they lost but you and i know that they have the players that can rise to the challenge in their next game and they play good football but that cannot be said about our eagles. Its really a shame that Nigeria cannot present better players than these bunch, we can do a lot better
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by OJ2010: 1:24am On Jun 18, 2010
Mama-gee- you really get it!
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by BOMANY: 1:37am On Jun 18, 2010
After France performance against Mexico and the first 35 minutes of Nigerian performance, i believe we can do it. our players should not lose hope or concentration, France after Zidan is nothing to fear. Even we can make Big score, Ameen

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by shilling(f): 2:08am On Jun 18, 2010
OJ2010:

I'm with you on that. Cos seriously, how can anyone with a reasonable IQ do what Kaita did?!!

Yes, we can still qualify - but I'm not expecting much, never was even before the WC. Even if we do qualify, with our miserable performance - they'd prob just go on traumatizing Nigerians unless they drastically improve.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by hbrednic: 2:13am On Jun 18, 2010
qualify to where
bunch of retard players.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by mensdept: 2:17am On Jun 18, 2010
Fortunately and unfortunately, we can and probably will make it to the second round with 2 losses. Yet we need, as we did with Mozambique/Tunisia ( REMEMBER PEOPLE>>>wink other factors to happen. They are, I think:

1) To beat Korea, 1-0, 3-0, just to win the game
2) Argentines beat Greece, , 1-0, 3-0, just beat Greeks
3) Introduction of several new players/ new lineup ie:

Enyeama-captain

Odiah          Shittu            Adeleye               Echiejile

Ayila/Etuhu*
                                         Uche/Kanu*                                                                Nsofor/Haruna*
                                                                              Odemwingie

Martins                         Ideye/Utaka*

*Possible changes, but Utaka and Kanu, lol, get em n der'
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by supereagle(m): 5:32am On Jun 18, 2010
Deja vu

Seeing the way things are going, one can't help but think that 2010 is just 2002 repeating itself:

2002 2010
1. Amodu sacked Amodu sacked
2. First game: Argentina 1 Nigeria 0. The goal was a header First game: Argentina 1 Nigeria 0. The goal was a header
3. Second game: Sweden 2 Nigeria 1.Nigeria scored first Second game: Greece 2 Nigeria 1. Nigeria scored first
4. Third game: England 0 Nigeria 0 Third game: SKorea ?  Nigeria ?
5. Nigeria crashed out in first round Nigeria ??

So will the similarity end there? Lets wait and see. . .

Thanks my brother for saying my mind. Nigeria will be humiliated out of this world cup, this is a way  God   wants to tell us His wrath is upon us for the humiliation and injustice we did to Amodu.
The only way out is for our soccer  admin to ask the man for forgiveness. Togo did the same to Keshi in 1996. They sacked him and brought Oyinbo Man, we did the worst to Amodu again 2010, demoted him and brought a man that could not get his country a ticket to lead us to SA. May God have mercy on a  black Man  for his mentality. How many times has Oyinbo people come to Africa to hire a black man to coach them.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by koolaid23: 5:47am On Jun 18, 2010
@deeboiz, Celtics are useless without Rojan Rondo and he knocked himself out during their last match with Lakers, Aint no team like The Lakers. got a good team work and Bryant is driving all their ass crazy. Way to go Lakers! Los Angeles for life, I love Cali like I luv women,
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by Acidosis(m): 6:45am On Jun 18, 2010
I'm sick and tired of all these useless & hopeless encouragements.
9IJA is facing a terrible 'Kaitastrophe' as a result of kaita's immuno deficiency symdrome. The only cure is 'Kastration' (castration).
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by sayso: 7:13am On Jun 18, 2010
is it for further disgrace,they should lose and come back,I spent money sending my mum to cheer those stupid idiots and now she will come back from SA sad.
Re: Nigeria Can Still Qualify, Yes We Can by HOTandCOLD(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2010
THIS IS THE CURSE OF THE BLACKMAN. Remember what happened to Coach Keshi with the Togolese team. After qualifying them for the world cup, he was replaced by a white man and Togo went ahead to embarass not only themselves but africans in general at the last world cup. Coach Amodu qualified them, so he should have been allowed to take them to the world cup. UNTIL WE START TO GIVE OUR PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD, WE'LL NEVER GET TO THE PROMISED LAND, NO WONDER ALMOST ALL THE AFRICAN TEAMS HAVE FOREIGN COACHES. Even the USA, that's considered a soccer minnow insists on having a US born coach. I guess we'll never learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Norwich City Vs Liverpool 0 - 3 Extеndеd Hіghlіghts / Is It Safe To Play Baba Ijebu? / Top 9 Most Handsome Footballers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.