Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached (1574 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' / Leke Adeboye Speaks About First Fruit, Daddy Freeze And His Followers React / Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by bobdoe(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pastor E.A. Adeboye speaks on make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair
https://www.sapphiregospels.ml/2018/07/see-what-pastor-ea-adeboye-speaks-on.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by bedspread: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
La click la Vote Buhari
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by eddy1977(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
Gibberish....
Sounded more like: yabadaba ho baba kanda yabadaba.

2 Likes

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by amaniro: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
I made my research too.

This is the truth and the person above is clearly an illiterate, cause a literate have a way of thinking something on a right perspective.

People usually go astray by preaching make up bad jewellries bad.. let me shock you tattoo is not bad!
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by bobdoe(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2018
amaniro:
I made my research too.

This is the truth and the person above is clearly an illiterate, cause a literate have a way of thinking something on a right perspective.

People usually go astray by preaching make up bad jewellries bad.. let me shock you tattoo is not bad!
how can you justify your claim that tattoo is not bad

1 Like

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by amaniro: 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
bobdoe:
how can you justify your claim that tattoo is not bad
tattoo being bad is just a fallacy.
Anything without biblical reference, I don't think you should believe it.
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by GentlePEACE: 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2018
amaniro:

tattoo being bad is just a fallacy.

Anything without biblical reference, I don't think you should believe it.
Leviticus 19:28, says: “You must not put tattoo marking upon yourselves.”

The Bible is complete.

1 Like

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
Makeups, Jewelries, hairdos or wigs are all things women do to enhance their beauty before men. God made women for of men(1Corinthians 11:8-10) they're always looking for approval from men.(Genesis 3:16) Their beauty and appearance matters most to them since they're to keep searching for the faces and consent of the creatures(men) for whom God purposefully made them(Genesis 2:18). There is no scriptural backup for condemnation of makeups and other beauty enhancements,granted each woman should know the main purpose of her makeups whether to glorify her husband or to attract other men!
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by amaniro: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
GentlePEACE:

The Bible is complete.
forget that chapter, do you know that is leventicus old Testament. Jesus saves us in new testament, if you just go about with this, just end up being judgemental people.
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Perfectbeing(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
GentlePEACE:

The Bible is complete.

Lev 19:21 "You must not cut off the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

The question now my friend is, do you cut the hair at the side of your head or do you clip off the edges of your beard (if you have beard)?

If yes, you're guilty of breaking one of the commandments.

The Bible is complete..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Perfectbeing(m): 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Lev 19:21 "You must not cut off the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

The question now my friend is, do you cut the hair at the side of your head or do you clip off the edges of your beard (if you have beard)?

If yes, you're guilty of breaking one of the commandments.

The Bible is complete..

Jewish laws and customs forbade men from tattooing, shaving their beard or sides of hair. It forbade women from opening their hairs in synagogues or from decorating their bodies. It forbade the Jews from eating some food (like pigs) or touching them. It forbade them from having dealings with the gentiles. Those are Jewish customs. And I'm pretty sure you're not a Jew. If you want to keep the Jewish laws know that they're 613 of them. You can't keep one and forget about the remaining 612. You have to keep each and everyone of them. If you break one, you're guilty of breaking all of them (James 2:10-11). So as a guy, if you do not wear tattoo but you shave the sides of your hair or trim the edge of your beards, you're as guilty as someone who wears tattoo. And as a babe, If you cover your hair to church and you don't wear makeup but you eat pig meat or your best friend is a Moslem, according to Jewish customs and law you're a lawbreaker.

The law (the 10 commandments) was powerless to make us right with God because of our sinful nature (Heb 8:3). It wasn't to say the law was not perfect. Everything God does is perfect. So is the law. But we just couldn't handle the law because of our flesh was too weak. The law was too fault-finding. We had to keep every commandment to the end. If we break just one, we would be guilty of breaking all of them (James 2:10). Keeping the 10 commandments could look easy to us. Isn't it just to serve God, worship God, not bow to any other gods, not to dishonour your parents, not to murder, commit adultery, or fornication, not to steal, lie, covet our neighbors property etc. It looks easy right? But trust me it isn't. When you think you haven't committed adultery but you look at that pretty girl that just walked past you lustfully, you just committed adultery. When you think you haven't lie but you tell one white lie in the office or you tell a lie to save a friend you just broke the 6th commandment. When you think you honour your parents but you just called Buhari a fool and an idiot, you've dishonored your parents, when you think you've never murdered someone in your entire life but you call your brother a fool, the law will label you guilty of murder. When you think you haven't coveted your neighbor's property but you look at Davido's Lamborghini and you say in your mind "I wish that car is mine", you've just coveted. When you think you've never served any other God but instead of going to church on Sunday you had to be in your workplace, the law finds you guilty of idol worship.
The law deems almost anything you do as a man sin.

So what God did was to make things easy for us was send his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering (the same Heb 8:3). So he fulfilled the law for us. So once we believe in him we have fulfilled all the laws of God also...

But then some people will say, "perfectbeing, are you now saying that if someone believes in Jesus and he steals or murder someone, are you saying he's still in right standing with God?" You might want to quote Romans 6:1. But let me ask you something first, did you see me write to in anywhere that you should go and steal since you've believed and no longer under the law? Go and steal or kill if you like. You'll know whether the police is your friend or not.

That's not what I'm saying. When you believe your sinful nature is been replaced with the nature of Christ. Romans 6:1 says... Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? What was the reply in vs 2? "God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"
Impossible. Believers can no longer live in sin because the nature of sin is dead and buried. But it is still possible for for us believers to fall into sin (not live in sin) sometimes because even though our nature is changed, we still live in this weak body of ours. Our minds still needs to be regenerated. That can only happen when we keep reading and meditating on God's word daily.

"What's the difference between living in sin and falling into sin?" some might ask.

Have you ever seen a sheep in a mud water before? (I love NATGEO WILD so I know a lotta things about animals). When a sheep falls into mud, it becomes restless and uncomfortable and in distress. Why? Cos that's not it's nature. The sheep only becomes comfortable and normal after it is removed and cleaned. But try putting a pig in mud water. Good lord, you just found this pig another home. The pig is comfortable in this dirty water why? Because it is his nature to be dirty.. Even when you remove the pig from the dirt and you clean it, put it a bit close to the dirt and you'll see the pig going to get itself comfortable again..
That's the difference between the believer who fall into sin (the sheep) and the unbeliever (who lives in sin (the pig).
Sinner live the life of sin just like a pig but a believer doesn't.

So as a believer whenever you fall in sin, know that there's "therefore, now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death"
This I say not to encourage you to sin but that if you sin, you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" I john 2:1.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Perfectbeing(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
amaniro:

forget that chapter, do you know that is leventicus old Testament. Jesus saves us in new testament, if you just go about with this, just end up being judgemental people.

Mr Amaniro, you do not tell someone to forget any scripture in the Bible. Be it old or new. The old testaments was put there for a reason. Your Bible contains the old and New testaments doesn't it? Do you because of being in the new covenant of Christ tear out the old testaments from your Bible? I guess not.
Remember even Jesus quoted from the scriptures of old. Apostle Paul in his epistles, quoted from the old testaments. Peter, James and John did also.

And also, we know there's nothing wrong in wearing tattoos. But I won't advice you or anyone to wear tattoo. Not because it's a sin. But because you're damaging your body which is the temple of God. Do some research about what tattoo does to the body. Smoking isn't wrong also but it damages your health and that of people around you.

And also wearing tattoos makes you look rugged and rough and you won't look presentable to a lot of people. Some organisations won't employ you if you have visible tattoos on your body. In the world we live in today, people won't ask you if you're responsible or if you're a Christian before you given a job. They judge you at your outward appearance. I don't think if you own a firm and you see a guy who smokes and with tattoos all over his body you'd want to employ him. His outward appearance will give him as someone who you shouldn't trust you firm to as a good businessman. Remember, it is the way that you're dressed that you'll be addressed.

In case you already have tattoos on your body don't think God loves you any less. If you're a believer you're faultless in God's eyes. God doesn't see you anymore but he sees Jesus in you. But don't draw more tattoos OK. In fact, if it's not a permanent one, I'll advice you to remove it. If it is, just let it be be and don't draw more..
Bless you..

3 Likes

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by amaniro: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Mr Amaniro, you do not tell someone to forget any scripture in the Bible. Be it old or new. The old testaments was put there for a reason. Your Bible contains the old and New testaments doesn't it? Do you because of being in the new covenant of Christ tear out the old testaments from your Bible? I guess not.
Remember even Jesus quoted from the scriptures of old. Apostle Paul in his epistles, quoted from the old testaments. Peter, James and John did also.

And also, we know there's nothing wrong in wearing tattoos. But I won't advice you or anyone to wear tattoo. Not because it's a sin. But because you're damaging your body which is the temple of God. Do some research about what tattoo does to the body. Smoking isn't wrong also but it damages your health and that of people around you.

And also wearing tattoos makes you look rugged and rough and you won't look presentable to a lot of people. Some organisations won't employ you if you have visible tattoos on your body. In the world we live in today, people won't ask you if you're responsible or if you're a Christian before you given a job. They judge you at your outward appearance. I don't think if you own a firm and you see a guy who smokes and with tattoos all over his body you'd want to employ him. His outward appearance will give him as someone who you shouldn't trust you firm to as a good businessman. Remember, it is the way that you're dressed that you'll be addressed.

In case you already have tattoos on your body don't think God loves you any less. If you're a believer you're faultless in God's eyes. God doesn't see you anymore but he sees Jesus in you. But don't draw more tattoos OK. In fact, if it's not a permanent one, I'll advice you to remove it. If it is, just let it be be and don't draw more..
Bless you..

thank you, that was actually a mistake but I felt reluctant in modifying it. I know but some practise in old Testament were nullified that's my point.

1 Like

Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Perfectbeing(m): 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
amaniro:

thank you, that was actually a mistake but I felt reluctant in modifying it. I know but some practise in old Testament were nullified that's my point.

OK. if that's what you meant
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by hoopLA: 1:41am On Jul 31, 2018
He said all that

But still dyes his hair black

And we say he is not upholding double standards.

Abeg all these characters posing as men of God should sit their old arses down and leave us alone. They are hardly beacons of good behavior.
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by GentlePEACE: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2018
amaniro:

we are not forget old testament, because the words there are still potent, Jesus only came to redeem us from sins and to fulfill that which was said in the old testament. If the old was to be cancelled, will you now say committing murder is good.

My brother, once the Holy Spirit dwells in you, he will guide u into all truth and you will the know the heart of God. It as simple as that.
God bless you
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Martinez19(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2018
Make up and jewelleries: pieces of shapes precious stones, metals and chemicals that people use to beautify themselves.

Why would E.A AdebOLE or god be concerned about that? grin
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by bobdoe(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2018
hoopLA:
He said all that

But still dyes his hair black

And we say he is not upholding double standards.

Abeg all these characters posing as men of God should sit their old arses down and leave us alone. They are hardly beacons of good behavior.

Where and how do you see him dying his hair you speak of what you don't know.
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by gwama: 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
amaniro:
I made my research too.

If tatto is bad, tribal scars are as bad also angry
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by gwama: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2018
In all this, the worst thing and the bleaching skin, because even medicine forbids it because it is a source of skin diseases such as cancer. And we see that even pastors are bleaching skin, which is very serious. angry angry angry angry
Re: See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached by Janeyinspires(f): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Jewish laws and customs forbade men from tattooing, shaving their beard or sides of hair. It forbade women from opening their hairs in synagogues or from decorating their bodies. It forbade the Jews from eating some food (like pigs) or touching them. It forbade them from having dealings with the gentiles. Those are Jewish customs. And I'm pretty sure you're not a Jew. If you want to keep the Jewish laws know that they're 613 of them. You can't keep one and forget about the remaining 612. You have to keep each and everyone of them. If you break one, you're guilty of breaking all of them (James 2:10-11). So as a guy, if you do not wear tattoo but you shave the sides of your hair or trim the edge of your beards, you're as guilty as someone who wears tattoo. And as a babe, If you cover your hair to church and you don't wear makeup but you eat pig meat or your best friend is a Moslem, according to Jewish customs and law you're a lawbreaker.

The law (the 10 commandments) was powerless to make us right with God because of our sinful nature (Heb 8:3). It wasn't to say the law was not perfect. Everything God does is perfect. So is the law. But we just couldn't handle the law because of our flesh was too weak. The law was too fault-finding. We had to keep every commandment to the end. If we break just one, we would be guilty of breaking all of them (James 2:10). Keeping the 10 commandments could look easy to us. Isn't it just to serve God, worship God, not bow to any other gods, not to dishonour your parents, not to murder, commit adultery, or fornication, not to steal, lie, covet our neighbors property etc. It looks easy right? But trust me it isn't. When you think you haven't committed adultery but you look at that pretty girl that just walked past you lustfully, you just committed adultery. When you think you haven't lie but you tell one white lie in the office or you tell a lie to save a friend you just broke the 6th commandment. When you think you honour your parents but you just called Buhari a fool and an idiot, you've dishonored your parents, when you think you've never murdered someone in your entire life but you call your brother a fool, the law will label you guilty of murder. When you think you haven't coveted your neighbor's property but you look at Davido's Lamborghini and you say in your mind "I wish that car is mine", you've just coveted. When you think you've never served any other God but instead of going to church on Sunday you had to be in your workplace, the law finds you guilty of idol worship.
The law deems almost anything you do as a man sin.

So what God did was to make things easy for us was send his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering (the same Heb 8:3). So he fulfilled the law for us. So once we believe in him we have fulfilled all the laws of God also...

But then some people will say, "perfectbeing, are you now saying that if someone believes in Jesus and he steals or murder someone, are you saying he's still in right standing with God?" You might want to quote Romans 6:1. But let me ask you something first, did you see me write to in anywhere that you should go and steal since you've believed and no longer under the law? Go and steal or kill if you like. You'll know whether the police is your friend or not.

That's not what I'm saying. When you believe your sinful nature is been replaced with the nature of Christ. Romans 6:1 says... Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? What was the reply in vs 2? "God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"
Impossible. Believers can no longer live in sin because the nature of sin is dead and buried. But it is still possible for for us believers to fall into sin (not live in sin) sometimes because even though our nature is changed, we still live in this weak body of ours. Our minds still needs to be regenerated. That can only happen when we keep reading and meditating on God's word daily.

"What's the difference between living in sin and falling into sin?" some might ask.

Have you ever seen a sheep in a mud water before? (I love NATGEO WILD so I know a lotta things about animals). When a sheep falls into mud, it becomes restless and uncomfortable and in distress. Why? Cos that's not it's nature. The sheep only becomes comfortable and normal after it is removed and cleaned. But try putting a pig in mud water. Good lord, you just found this pig another home. The pig is comfortable in this dirty water why? Because it is his nature to be dirty.. Even when you remove the pig from the dirt and you clean it, put it a bit close to the dirt and you'll see the pig going to get itself comfortable again..
That's the difference between the believer who fall into sin (the sheep) and the unbeliever (who lives in sin (the pig).
Sinner live the life of sin just like a pig but a believer doesn't.

So as a believer whenever you fall in sin, know that there's "therefore, now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death"
This I say not to encourage you to sin but that if you sin, you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" I john 2:1.

I love the illustration you made.Clear and relatable.

(1) (Reply)

Are you Possessed By Demons? Find Out,See the Solution. / Gay Owner Of Largest Set Designing Company In Texas Leaves All To Follow Christ / The 42 Laws Of Maat In Kemet’ (the Original 10 Commandments Of The Bible)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.