Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

I Am Tired Of This - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am Tired Of This (1357 Views)

I Gave Up On Programming. I'm Tired Of Programming. I Need To Rest. / I Am Tired Of Being A Billionaire- Bill Gates Announces / I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of This by sas101(m): 1:39am On Jul 30, 2018
I'm trying to offer a service where users can buy SME data when they click on order button. The issue is how do I make the webpage communicate with my sim( or networks provider) when they click on order button. There are some websites offering this service such as MobileNig, datahub sub9ja etc. I have been cracking my brain and searching Google for some days now but to no avail. Please help a brother the gurus in the house.
Re: I Am Tired Of This by Kyymz: 4:09am On Jul 30, 2018
I can program dat call or WhatsApp me @09036199523
Re: I Am Tired Of This by kudaisi(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
sas101:
I'm trying to offer a service where users can buy SME data when they click on order button. The issue is how do I make the webpage communicate with my sim( or networks provider) when they click on order button. There are some websites offering this service such as MobileNig, datahub sub9ja etc. I have been cracking my brain and searching Google for some days now but to no avail. Please help a brother the gurus in the house.

I'm a little bit confused about your request, but I'm assuming that you want a situation whereby users of your website get an sms feedback when they place an order on you website.

The simplest and most reasonable (even more economical, because the rate will be way lesser than whats being charged by you local operator) is to just go ahead and sign up for a text messaging service (why would you I want to stress my self by connecting a webpage to my sim card when I can get cheaper options with easily accessible APIs off the market).

If you must however connect to you sim card (and you insist on implementing yourself), off the top of my hat. The first thing that comes to mind is to develop a mobile app that feeds off a service provided by your web application. That way, whenever a new order is concluded, the web service can queue the order details and recipients number somewhere and post an sms request to the app. The app then picks up items from the queue and sends them to the appropriate recipient.

Another option in the same line, if you want a dedicated device for the message sending. Then you could use Arduino with WIFI and GSM shields (Hacking this should be easier than the whole mobile app wahala).

But what I would recommend that you use one of the commercially available sms providers online. Its easier and cheaper to setup. Here's an example of what it takes to send an sms with twilio (Some might even offer it for free, because it gives them access to you bank of phone numbers, which is a big market in recent times). But paid versions will however give you more features such as schedules messages, birthday messages, newsletters, virtual phone numbers and the ability to add shortened urls to your sms (may be a url to the clients order).

const MessagingResponse =
require('twilio').twiml.MessagingResponse;

app.post('/sms', (req, res) => {
const twiml = new MessagingResponse();
twiml.message('Thanks for signing up!');
res.send(twiml.toString())
});

PS: The same code can be written in python, C#, java, php and ruby

Happy hacking.

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of This by sas101(m): 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
kudaisi:

I'm a little bit confused about your request, but I'm assuming that you want a situation whereby users of your website get an sms feedback when they place an order on you website.

The simplest and most reasonable (even more economical, because the rate will be way lesser than whats being charged by you local operator) is to just go ahead and sign up for a text messaging service (why would you I want to stress my self by connecting a webpage to my sim card when I can get cheaper options with easily accessible APIs off the market).

If you must however connect to you sim card (and you insist on implementing yourself), off the top of my hat. The first thing that comes to mind is to develop a mobile app that feeds off a service provided by your web application. That way, whenever a new order is concluded, the web service can queue the order details and recipients number somewhere and post an sms request to the app. The app then picks up items from the queue and sends them to the appropriate recipient.

Another option in the same line, if you want a dedicated device for the message sending. Then you could use Arduino with WIFI and GSM shields (Hacking this should be easier than the whole mobile app wahala).

But what I would recommend that you use one of the commercially available sms providers online. Its easier and cheaper to setup. Here's an example of what it takes to send an sms with twilio (Some might even offer it for free, because it gives them access to you bank of phone numbers, which is a big market in recent times). But paid versions will however give you more features such as schedules messages, birthday messages, newsletters, virtual phone numbers and the ability to add shortened urls to your sms (may be a url to the clients order).

});

Happy hacking.
Thank you sir. But my question is how do a user buy SME data from my website and how do I integrate that. For instance; you buy SME data from MTN and then share using USSD code ( with your phone). How do I do that on website that is the question. Though you have partially answered it. Thanks I really appreciate.
Re: I Am Tired Of This by sas101(m): 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
kudaisi:

});

Happy hacking.
Thank you sir. But my question is how do a user buy SME data from my website and how do I integrate that. For instance; you buy SME data from MTN and then share using USSD code ( with your phone). How do I do that on website that is the question. Though you have partially answered it. Thanks I really appreciate.
Re: I Am Tired Of This by kudaisi(m): 10:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
sas101:

My bad, didn't know you were referring to a data plan (So much for the long story >< ).
Re: I Am Tired Of This by sas101(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
kudaisi:

My bad, didn't know you were referring to a data plan (So much for the long story >< ).
Ok. Now that you know how do I go about it. Awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: I Am Tired Of This by bot101(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
I can help you with a solution for this, but it will cost you money to implement.
Re: I Am Tired Of This by sas101(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2018
bot101:
I can help you with a solution for this, but it will cost you money to implement.
How?
Re: I Am Tired Of This by bot101(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2018
sas101:

How?

That is going to be a private discussion. My contact is in my signature. Let's chat on Whatsapp, or you can call me.
Re: I Am Tired Of This by simhost: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
sas101:

This services is what we render. Visit simhosting.com.ng for details. We can provide you with a demo. Call 09080008483.

Read more here https://www.nairaland.com/5015489/sim-hosting-ussd-option-nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Can I Still Learn Programming At My Age? / Who's Gonna Teach Me Programming? / Could You Give Some Advice To A Junior Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.