Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? (1341 Views)

Oni Was A Chief Priest / The Oni Of Ife Visited Oba Of Benin Twice / Igbo King Denied Entry Into A Plane For Not Removing His Crown (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Dami12345: 8:22am On Jul 30, 2018
The current onii of ife seemed like a revolution person until he show his value by doing the first thing when he was crowned by marrying a new wife.
This is dumb.

He has dragged the symbol of Yoruba authority in the mud by allowing himself to be affiliated with drug pushers like daviodo And Known fraudsters like e-money.

This is irritating, further more it would seem that the only thing he believes is the mandate of the onii is to have a world tour on the wimps of his new wife( the real onii) of ife. Her need for celebrity status can be seen in all the world crossing and various celebrity meetings.

During meetings with the officials of the government a video was shown where the onii stood up to take a handshake from the Senate president ( a mere man)
Even the alafin of Oyo, refused to acknowledge his handshake when he tried to shake him.

The great obj Olusegun Obasanjo. A past president and owner of the corridors of power of Nigeria, came to prostrate to the onii, to acknowledge the power of the crown. This is an old and prestigious man.

In conclusion, this onii is a fool, the Gods have spoken, pity many cannot hear their voice and so we have there actions.

https://www.nairaland.com/4645844/oau-students-trapped-following-downpour

This flooding is the beginning.
Ife must change or the Gods will speak further.
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2018
Dami12345:
The current onii of ife seemed like a revolution person until he show his value by doing the first thing when he was crowned by marrying a new wife.
This is dumb.

He has dragged the symbol of Yoruba authority in the mud but allowing himself to be affiliated with drug pushers like daviodo And Know fraudsters like e-money.

This is irritating, further more it would seem that the only thing he believes is the mandate of the onii is to have a world tour on the wimps of his new wife( the real onii) of ife. Her need for celebrity status can be seen in all the world crossing and various celebrity meetings.

During meetings with the officials of the government a video was shown where the onii stood up to take a handshake from the Senate president ( a mere man)
Even the alafin of Oyo, refused to acknowledge his handshake when he tried to shake him.

In conclusion, this onii is a fool, the Gods have spoken, pity many cannot hear their voice and so we have there actions.

https://www.nairaland.com/4645844/oau-students-trapped-following-downpour

This flooding is the beginning.
Ife must change or the Gods will speak further.

Who is this idiot? Ewe... All your generation combined. Dead and living cannot have an opinion on the Onii

3 Likes

Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Dami12345: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2018
azeezhy:

Who is this idiot? Ewe... All your generation combined. Dead and living cannot have an opinion on the Onii

As a Yoruba I have an opinion when it affects the matters of the my people and the Gods.

Who is this Worm who raises his head, when his dead father does not speak.
Do not offend me human.
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2018
Dami12345:

As a Yoruba I have an opinion when it affects the matters of the my people and the Gods.

Who is this Worm who raises his head, when his dead father does not speak.
Do not offend me human.
stop deceiving yourself,the king chooses how he wants to be addressed or greeted!!!Even trump shook hands with the queen of England,he didn’t bow as should and she didn’t take offense...
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Dami12345: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2018
Benz4pimp:
stop deceiving yourself,the king chooses how he wants to be addressed or greeted!!!Even trump shook hands with the queen of England,he didn’t bow as should and she didn’t take offense...

He is not your king.
Take your stupid thinking and rule your own house with it.
If you think there are no consequence to your actions do whatever you want in your house. The law, jail or your own family will dispose of you.

The onii is a King amongst Kings, his people span the whole fuvcking world and yet his capital is like a beggers house. His homeland is disgusting.
There is a saying in OAU, that if you take OAU away from ife, the only thing that will remain is fuel stations.

This onii is an idiot simple, either that or he is a genius.
But the Gods say otherwise, I have to take their side on the matter.

His behavior is stupid.

Am aslo sure you Mr would say Buhari should do whatever he wants too naw undecided, also SARS should too undecided.

You know what we all should too undecided undecided.

1 Like

Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2018
Dami12345:

He is not your king.
Take your stupid thinking and rule your own house with it.
If you think there are no consequence to your actions do whatever you want in your house. The law, jail or your own family will dispose of you.

The onii is a King amongst Kings, his people span the whole fuvcking world and yet his capital is like a beggers house. His homeland is disgusting.
There is a saying in OAU, that if you take OAU away from ife, the only thing that will remain is fuel stations.

This onii is an idiot simple, either that or he is a genius.
But the Gods say otherwise, I have to take their side on the matter.

His behavior is stupid.

Am aslo sure you Mr would say Buhari should do whatever he wants too naw undecided, also SARS should too undecided.

You know what we all should too undecided undecided.
You are entitled to ur opinions....after all this is just a faceless forum...Why not take a trip down to the palace and tell him to his face....
That is how brave people act,not by ranting behind a keyboard

1 Like

Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Dami12345: 11:01am On Jul 30, 2018
Benz4pimp:
You are entitled to ur opinions....after all this is just a faceless forum...Why not take a trip down to the palace and tell him to his face....
That is how brave people act,not by ranting behind a keyboard

You really don't use your brain much do you?
In the greater scheme of things what do you think that would change.

I could but I have never met a king who likes being told he is wrong, especially when the messenger is within his power.

This way he can find out without Having to face the shame of taking advise.
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
Dami12345:

You really don't use your brain much do you?
In the greater scheme of things what do you think that would change.

I could but I have never met a king who likes being told he is wrong, especially when the messenger is within his power.

This way he can find out without Having to face the shame of taking advise.
no I do not use my brain but atleast I have one...why not check if you v got one inside your big head
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Dami12345: 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
Benz4pimp:
no I do not use my brain but atleast I have one...why not check if you v got one inside your big head

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by HoodBillionaire: 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
africa is far from civilization
so queen elizabeth nor dey travel abi
fool
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by gregyboy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
Here we go again the ooni cant be compare to the oba of benin ....ooni is a stooless sit just travelling to get little recognized in the world. It has earn him alot tho but the fact remains his revolutionary moves are downgrading to kings the oba of benin won't go that low for his subject
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by 0balufonlll: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
x
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by Dami12345: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
0balufonlll:

You & those in OAU chorusing that statement are beyond stupid to say the least. While modernization is good, it is a daft thing to think it should erode the ancient buildings in Ile-Ife proper.

The people of Ile-Ife are aware modernization os germaine, they also know the import of preserving the past. This is why, since the colonial periods of Ooni Aderemi’s to Ooni Sijuade’s days, places have cropped out for development and industrialization. For instance, places like Akrabata Line 1 to 3 were mapped out by Ooni Aderemi & modern structures of the colonial era abound there. This was followed by Parakin, Fajuyi, Igboya, Eleyele, Alada Nla, Aba Iya Gani, Ooni lane & so on. Industries not being in Ife is only reflective of Osun state as a whole. How many industries are in the state?

Ile-Ife itself is not dependent on the university as such nor is the town looking at it for development. This is why it was sited far away from core indigene settlement in the nucleus of the town starting from Lagere to Sabo Junction to Ilesa garage cutting to Iwara junction to Ogbon Oya & so on back to Aderemi. This was supposed to encourage little to no contact between OAU & Ile-Ife.

Take away OAU, Ife will still remain in its shell of religio-cultural bubble of festival & rituals which is not the Ooni’s fault. Aderemi tried, Sijuade tried but the people of the town are, by generations, tied to their ancestral cultural spirirual system. Ife has a lot, I mean a lot of prominent sons & daughters who could stimulate maximum urbanization drive but you’ll find that the masses will give you limit to what you can do, they want to retain & sustain the ‘archaic’ feel, social relations, architecture & way of life in totaity to a latge extent.

We can argue the effect of Oau leaving ife without a winner.
A simple illustration can be done by comparing the prices of general commodity during and after semester.

However generally your are quite correct, your argument clarified a lot of points for me and I mist confess, you are correct.

Thanks for contribution.
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by gregyboy(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2018
0balufonlll:

You & those in OAU chorusing that statement are beyond stupid to say the least. While modernization is good, it is a daft thing to think it should erode the ancient buildings in Ile-Ife proper.

The people of Ile-Ife are aware modernization os germaine, they also know the import of preserving the past. This is why, since the colonial periods of Ooni Aderemi’s to Ooni Sijuade’s days, places have cropped out for development and industrialization. For instance, places like Akrabata Line 1 to 3 were mapped out by Ooni Aderemi & modern structures of the colonial era abound there. This was followed by Parakin, Fajuyi, Igboya, Eleyele, Alada Nla, Aba Iya Gani, Ooni lane & so on. Industries not being in Ife is only reflective of Osun state as a whole. How many industries are in the state?

Ile-Ife itself is not dependent on the university as such nor is the town looking at it for development. This is why it was sited far away from core indigene settlement in the nucleus of the town starting from Lagere to Sabo Junction to Ilesa garage cutting to Iwara junction to Ogbon Oya & so on back to Aderemi. This was supposed to encourage little to no contact between OAU & Ile-Ife.

Take away OAU, Ife will still remain in its shell of religio-cultural bubble of festival & rituals which is not the Ooni’s fault. Aderemi tried, Sijuade tried but the people of the town are, by generations, tied to their ancestral cultural spirirual system. Ife has a lot, I mean a lot of prominent sons & daughters who could stimulate maximum urbanization drive but you’ll find that the masses will give you limit to what you can do, they want to retain & sustain the ‘archaic’ feel, social relations, architecture & way of life in totaity to a latge extent.

Very stupid thinking of the people even you...so they all want to remain in primitive times sometimes i see no difference between yorubas and the northern people in thier ideology...

Culture is defined as the way of life of a particular people .that doesnt mean if the culture modernized it has change the people culture .it simply means the modernization is now the new culture of the people ...so them saying they dont want modernization it means they want to remain in primitive times before colonisation they should all probably go naked if that's what they want
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by 0balufonlll: 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2018
x
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by gregyboy(m): 5:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
0balufonlll:

Your post is a view into the mind of a confused mind who does not know the value of cultural history and has a poor knowledge of the process of modernization/urbanization. Again, like your every post, you have displayed topnotch stupidity.

Sustaining old buildings, customs, religion does not mean they are primitive. Pushing modernization & urbanization to the surrounding circle of the necleus does not also mean they are not modernizing. It is just the foolishness of yourself in full glare. You’ve, out of being irredeemably idle with no profiting job on your hands, proceeded to punch your leprous fingers into your cheap axx phone to type gibberish about a place you have no knowledge of and on a topic of culture viz a viz modernization which you are totally ignorant of.

Look at European & Asian societies if you are too infantile to grasp the dynamic nature of Ile-Ife’s merger of the old & new age. The Asians & Europeans modernize but retained a whole lot of their past.

Bini has no history outside of its connection with Ife, so I see where your thoughts lie.

Fxxxking pxg.

grin grin grin lol obalufon the protectorer of yoruba nd the black race as a whole....
But doing it in a very foolish way i know u woukd quote even from ur grave i know you would quote me...
But i would i always say the truth Yoruba's are primitive there is no fucking history worthy to be saved the religion has done more harm than good it made the blacks primitive over time there is nothing to save there ....no history the benins is quite understanble in terms of this but i still won't support ....i believe modernization becomes a new culture and culture is ment to change ...
Re: The Oni Of Ife Doesn't Know The Value Of His Crown? by jyz200(m): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2018
how does it concern you is it your Ooni are we complaining ��

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Could Be Afrakas First Super Power / Odinani: The Sacred Sciences Of Ndigbo / Wrapped In Style (african Textile): KENTE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.