Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 (24167 Views)

Peter Okoye: 'I Am N48M Richer After Chelsea’s Win Against Madrid' / Uche Okoye: I Am Ready To Do Anything To Have Sex With Wizkid / Peter Okoye: I Choose My Wife And Kids Over My Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by ayaside(m): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
And Nairalanders won't understand that HE is telling them to pursue their dreams..They busy attacking his story.Lazy youths.Everyone has a story.Even those who were born with silver spoons.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by phemmyfour: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
UrbanExotica:
they are always coming to Lagos to look for greener pastures
If you are not in Lagos....you are no where
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by skallion7(m): 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:
That is why yorubas hate igbo,because they can survive anywhere even with nothing.

But who God bless no man can curse.
Why is that all your post are about tribalism, grow up
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by phemmyfour: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
HomeOfMe:
In the 90s Lagos was the federal capital of Nigeria like Washington is to the US,so it's normal for people to seek greener pastures in the capital as against other less prosperous state. Now Lagos has been seen as "our state" so go back to yours,according to our people. Anyone who's determined and strong like Jude okoye could make it in Lagos. It has all the skyscrapers,most beautiful buildings,fun parts,then we had amusement park at apapa,etc,until 1BB relocated the capital to Abuja for selfish reasons
So, why are they not moving to Abuja like that. After all its over 20yrs now that Lagos is no longer the capital
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by zynzyn(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
Babiod:
wait is he subtly trying to tell us he opened lagos route for psquare,hustle their music,suffer for them,so he deserves equal rights

Gbam!
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Afonja007: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
UrbanExotica:
if Lagos is not former capital of Nigeria for many decades ikoyi lekki aja will still be rainforest inshort one can still but land 100k in surulere so don't pretend as if you don't know why Lagos is ahead ,1977 Abuja is a forest today some land in Abuja cost even half a billion naira don't tell me you don't know the reason is like that,

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Dareal90s(m): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
HomeOfMe:
In the 90s Lagos was the federal capital of Nigeria like Washington is to the US,so it's normal for people to seek greener pastures in the capital as against other less prosperous state. Now Lagos has been seen as "our state" so go back to yours,according to our people. Anyone who's determined and strong like Jude okoye could make it in Lagos. It has all the skyscrapers,most beautiful buildings,fun parts,then we had amusement park at apapa,etc,until 1BB relocated the capital to Abuja for selfish reasons
Likewise Calabar
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Dareal90s(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:
because lagos is no man's land
Because you ain't educated grin

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by HomeOfMe(f): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
phemmyfour:
So, why are they not moving to Abuja like that. After all its over 20yrs now that Lagos is no longer the capital
Can you compare Lagos to Abuja in terms of everything,social life,hussle,business,etc. Lagos has been established already because it's been made more open than Abuja. Different tribes have built their homes and businesses here in Lagos. Even if they open new businesses in Abuja,they make that of Lagos the head office,because of that "federal capital"status it once had

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Aystarz: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
Premiumwriter:
When you are made, you can write your history in anyway you want

Reminds me of the exchanges between GOT's Cersei and Jeoffery before the latter became King : ".... And the truth will be just how you want it"
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by HomeOfMe(f): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
Dareal90s:

Likewise Calabar
According to history that of Calabar wasn't long at all.
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Dareal90s(m): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
HomeOfMe:
According to history that of Calabar wasn't long at all.
Abuja is over 20yrs
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:
That is why yorubas hate igbo,because they can survive anywhere even with nothing.

fine u no fine.....sense u no still get, i just weak for your matter....

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by 400billionman: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2018
My brother some people will say you are lucky not knowing you are just hardworking
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by 400billionman: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
lonelydora:
Every rich man can never tell you WHO helped him. They all claim they hustled and made it to deceive the gullibles.

See in life, a connection will change your life forever. No rich man names who connected him.
That person you call rich man won't be ashamed to do brick layer labourer or driver work that's the only difference between rich man and poor man The rich man is not ashamed to pay the price for success The poor man is waiting for an imaginary HELPER or CONNECTION

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Simbrixton(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:
That is why yorubas hate igbo,because they can survive anywhere even with hi

all men are equal
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by stevups(m): 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
If a failure steps into Lagos with determination, the story will change. It's just a matter of time
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:

NO ONE HATES ANYONE
The issue is always GRATITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of them are rude and turn to be INGLORIOUS BASTARDS when they finally make it.

LIVE YOUR LIFE
RESPECT THE LAWS
RESPECT YOUR HOSTS

IF ONLY YOUR OWN WAS IN ORDER, YOU WONT COME TO LAGOS IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE, DEM GIVE YOU ONE YARD U SAY NA AGBADA U WANT SEW undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by momodub: 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
No picture of him as conductor
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by musicwriter(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
@Bluezy13 @emeijeh

You think he's lying or what?

Well, the day I came to Lagos, the last money I had was the one I used to pay for transportation. When I stopped at Jobowu bustop Yaba, the only thing I had were few clothes in a bag, I didn't even have money to get to my destination which was Surulere. I had to charter a taxi to my address and my host paid upon arrival.

Long story short; within 10 years I had two Mitsubishi buses which I gave out on hired purchase, six private cars bought, used and sold, house built, etc. Real life story.

Maybe you're underating Lagos because you were born there or for other reasons, but it's a city of opportunity. Why? Because no matter the type of business you want or type of people you want to carry out any type of business deal, you'll find them plenty in Lagos.

You can make it in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by gladisa7: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hope went back to that under bridge to show love when he made it...
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:

but majority of those who 'made it' from the east always have a link to Yoruba land. all your rich men feels more safer In Yoruba land. I won't be surprised you're in Yoruba land or dreaming of coming to Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by ukukaegbu(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
1stolax:

NO ONE HATES ANYONE
The issue is always GRATITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of them are rude and turn to be INGLORIOUS BASTARDS when they finally make it.

LIVE YOUR LIFE
RESPECT THE LAWS
RESPECT YOUR HOSTS

IF ONLY YOUR OWN WAS IN ORDER, YOU WONT COME TO LAGOS IN THE FIRST PLACE. NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE, DEM GIVE YOU ONE YARD U SAY NA AGBADA U WANT SEW undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Gratitude for what? They don't owe anybody any gratitude. They didn't receive anything for free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by phemmyfour: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Can you compare Lagos to Abuja in terms of everything,social life,hussle,business,etc. Lagos has been established already because it's been made more open than Abuja. Different tribes have built their homes and businesses here in Lagos. Even if they open new businesses in Abuja,they make that of Lagos the head office,because of that "federal capital"status it once had
That's not the reason. Lagos has always been like that even before it was made fed capital.

In Abia State, Aba remains the biz city even when Umahia is the capital
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
ukukaegbu:

Gratitude for what? They don't owe anybody any gratitude. They didn't receive anything for free.
You see!
That is the problem with you people.
Ungrateful mentality.
YOU OWE YOUR HOST EVERYTHING !
You are a BURDEN to our community. No one invited you in the first place.
How many Yorubas go to your state to "hustle" and make it?
You have turned your states inhospitable and that's why you run here for cover. If your home was in order, why come here?
The most annoying thing is, all these we tolerate here is unacceptable by you people in your states.
How many other tribes go to your states to buy lands and do business in peace?
How many non-ibo people are employed in your states government cots?
Compare the population of ibos in unilag with Yorubas in unn.
After all these, you don't still show gratitude and you won't stop wailing MARGINALISATION. IT'S DISHEARTENING.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by anigold(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Lagos gave Jude an opportunity to become better and successful in life.

This clearly illustrate my opinion that Lagos made all of us.
It's sheer stupidity for some people to claim that they made Lagos what it is today.
Right from the late 19th century till now, Lagos has bee a bustling urban centre where everyone who came from the West, East, North and South had a great opportunity to become better and greater. It is only meet that the spend most of the money they had come to earn in the same Lagos.
Anyone claiming they made Lagos should return to their villages to go and do the same magic.
Lagos still have the largest population of poor people in Nigeria,so it's virtually only 10% that are actually living fine in Lagos they rest are just deceiving themselves or are waiting for miracles to happen.
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Tundeobama(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
loveth360:
because lagos is no man's land
in your mind tell me your brother that is former. lagos governor from your region.Incase you still in secondary school lemme educate you the official language spoken on lagos state house of assembly is yoruba and english same with the governor that's the language permitted by law to speak.Abuja is know mans land too abi keep deceiving dont go and develop your abia.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by ikenasri01(m): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2018
lai mohamed
Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by fujirice: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
lonelydora:
Every rich man can never tell you WHO helped him. They all claim they hustled and made it to deceive the gullibles.

See in life, a connection will change your life forever. No rich man names who connected him.
This is the raw truth.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by WesBreezy: 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2018
Sadly no be by Lagos oh!

People who have Listened to Erigga - story of okiemute would understand me better! cool

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye: I Was A Conductor, Spent 4 Nights Under Ijora Bridge Lagos In 1995 by Butoneday2(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
UrbanExotica:
What are u still doing in ekiti, don't tell me u're jealous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teen Charged With Murder Of Abiola Akerele 'Nayta The King' / Sola Kosoko Honored By Empired School Of Art / Photos From Jigan Babaoja Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.