Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money (18593 Views)

Peacemaker Stabbed To Death 4days After Moving To Delta State From Lagos (Pix) / Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) / 20-Year-Old Lady Beats 47-Year-Old Woman To Death In Lagos During Public Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Baiyeri18: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2018
A young man identified as Tobi Adeleke has died untimely after his friend, Michael Mathew stabbed him in the neck as he was trying to settle a dispute caused by money.
The deceased and his killer in the company of some other friends had gathered on Adewunmi Adebiyi Street in Agege Lagos, around 11pm on Saturday and tried to share some money given to them.

According to Punch NG, a fight reportedly broke out among the friends concerning how the money was to be shared.

In the process of trying to make peace, Mathew allegedly used a broken bottle to stab Adeleke in the neck.

It was gathered that Adeleke was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after which he was referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, for treatment.

Adeleke was later confirmed dead by a doctor on duty. Matthew was subsequently arrested by the police.

A friend of the deceased, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the deceased was an easy-going person who was a victim of a good deed.

He said;

“I got back from work around 10pm and I was outside my house when Matthew came and was acting weird. He was trying to play with me, but I told him to leave me alone because I was tired.

“After some time, I saw that a fight had broken out involving some of my friends. Before I got there, Matthew had stabbed Adeleke.

“Immediately I got to the scene of the incident, I quickly joined others to rush Adeleke to a nearby hospital where first-aid treatment was administered on him before he was referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja. He died at the hospital.

“I learnt that Adeleke was not part of those that were fighting, he was just trying to settle the dispute that ensued among some of them while they were trying to share money. He did not know that Matthew was holding a weapon.”

https://punchng.com/man-stabs-friend-during-dispute-over-money/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by udoka55555: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2018
hmm...

that's why when two persons are fighting..

I watch from 100yards above..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2018
Stabbed on the neck?!

Be very careful of the way you settle quarrels or fights.
Settle from afar with your mouth only.
If the 2 people fighting are tired, they will leave themselves, shower, eat and sleep.
You only live once...biko!

Blessed are the peacemaker you say?
Na d same Bible talk say make we dey wise like the serpent wey carry apple give Eve chop!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by chiommy123(f): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2018
that's too bad of his friend to stab him. BTW who fights this days.
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by inoki247: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2018
even if chicken are fighting in my area i look for nail nd bury it on d ground to watch more movie.. i can not cum nd die

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by MistadeRegal(m): 11:20am On Jul 31, 2018
embarassed cry
Since he knows how to kill, send him to Sambisa forest. He can do more on Boko Boys.
But what will anyone be doing outside the house by 11:00 PM?

But why is the picture of expressway instead of the attack scene, attacker and victim?

4 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Devontrelly: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
God knows I don't ever separate fighters
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by neolboy(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
Matthew 5:9

King James Bible

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

I once experience a fight among two young boys in my street, as an elder man i tried to stop them but to my surprised i saw the other guy running towards us with a 2/4 plank, if you see the level at which i take zoom comot form the scene it was as if am a naija Flash

5 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by queensera(f): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
neolboy:
Blessed are the peace maker
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by IamAirforce1: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
Never will I seperate two fightings

I won't

2 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by DKM123: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
Na wa... God rest his soul. A case of manslaughter. embarassed

If it was a woman, ndi nairaland will title the headline:
"A Nigerian slayqueen kills peacemaker friend over money"
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by sotall(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2018
Blessed are the peace makers for they shall inherit the kingdom of God
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by BigSarah(f): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2018
Number one rule in Lagos, Drink water and Mind your Business...

Contact me for your braided wigs this Owu(hunger) is too much
Details in my signature
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by princeade86(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2018
I no dey separate fight ooooooo. but na one thing go kill man. RIP
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Sirventor01(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2018
You no go settle quarrel for island or Yankee, you dey settle quarrel for agege well what can I say rest in peace peacemaker hope your heaven is guaranteed
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by queenbetsy(f): 11:23am On Jul 31, 2018
Jesu!!! shocked

If I can mind my business, who can't?? undecided

In other news, street boys are beating up a PHCN official on uniform just in front of my house and I'm minding my business. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by LastSurvivor11: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
If two adults feel that the best way to settle their grievances is by trowing blows and weapons, who am I not to focus on where am going to undecided

15 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by stano2(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Wtf cry cry
Matthew 5:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.

That Matthew will never know peace,, foolish tout. I choose my friends wisely.
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by PuZZyNegro: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
neolboy:
Matthew 5:9

King James Bible

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

For they shall be called SONS OF GOD cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by fatymore(f): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2018
First rule to live well in Nigeria. .

Always mind our freaking business

1 Like

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Offpoint: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2018
I don't mean to be disrespectful to Yorubas race, but most of their fights always result in broken bottles like the Hausas to daggers. if you really want to show how good you are in "fistical" combat why not show it "fistly" without involving weapons? an innocent soul has just been wasted for no reason.

Minding one business at all time is a perfect recipe for long life and trouble free existence.

That's why whenever my neighbor is pounding is wife or kids I'll just lock myself indoor, put my headphones' on and play Kerewawa by Zule Zoo at highest volume.

I rather become a witness than a victim.

3 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by allanphash7(m): 11:26am On Jul 31, 2018
RIP Adeleke

Minding one business is the key nowadays

Even if he had not gone to make peace he will still gonna die that night, it may jisst be another occurrence

Op why this picture

1 Like

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Randy100: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2018
Sometimes peace don't come to peacemakers.
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2018
Sometimes it pays to mind ones business.

I'm sure the money isn't up to 500naira
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by RevenGeMission: 11:27am On Jul 31, 2018
With a camera phone on standby i guess ?
udoka55555:
hmm...

that's why when two persons are fighting..

I watch from 100yards above..
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by uglodoh(f): 11:27am On Jul 31, 2018
Oga gan . May his soul rest in peace
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by dreamwords: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2018
Gross
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Growblogtraffic: 11:28am On Jul 31, 2018
SINCE HE WANTS TO MAKE PEACE... MAY HE REST IN PEACE
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Factfinder1(m): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2018
If only he minded his business and watch from afar like I always do
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2018
He wasn't so peace making was he?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former PDP Youth Leader Who Raped 11 Year Old Bribes Girl’s Family To Bury Case / Bandits Confirm Kidnap Of 156 Niger Pupils, Demand ₦110 Million / Prophet Arrested For Taking N70m, Three Houses To Cure Fibroids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.