Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) (40273 Views)

Peacemaker Stabbed To Death 4days After Moving To Delta State From Lagos (Pix) / 24-year-old Groom-to-be Dies After Quarreling With Girlfriend (pic) / Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Islie: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2020
A peacemaker, Muhammed Obadimeji, has been killed while separating a fight between two men, Eniola Ayodele and Kayode Babashola, in the Dopemu area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Ayodele and Babashola were fighting over their girlfriend, Barakat Wasiu, when Obadimeji intervened to make peace.

While separating the rivals, it was learnt that Ayodele, who was armed with a sharp object, allegedly stabbed Obadimeji in the chest in an attempt to stab Babashola.

The impact of the stabbing made Obadimeji to fall to the ground, but as the 25-year-old was clutching on to life, some good Samaritans came to his rescue and rushed him to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, for urgent attention.

However, it was learnt that Obadimeji died in the process of being treated.

A resident of the area, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Obadimeji had no relationship with Barakat, but played the role of a peacemaker between Ayodele and Babashola when they were fighting, adding that he was killed in the process.

He said, “The boyfriends were fighting over the girl and the person who came to separate them was killed. One of them stabbed the person, who wanted to separate them and the injury led to his death. The man knew nothing about the fight; he wasn’t the one in a relationship with the girl; he just intervened to stop the fight and that was it.

“The girl is a teenager and somebody was killed because of her. The police have arrested the two rival men and the girl. All of them are in the police station.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that Obadimeji’s corpse was deposited in the Yaba General Hospital’s mortuary for autopsy, while the suspects had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Panti, Yaba, for discreet investigation.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said a good Samaritan reported the incident to the police, adding that one of the rival lovers stabbed Obadimeji, while trying to separate them.

Elkana stated, “On Sunday, August 9, 2020, around 1.30pm, information was received from a good Samaritan that one Eniola Ayodele, 28, was fighting with Kayode Babashola, 31, over a girl, Barakat Wasiu, all of who stay in the same address on Momodu Street, Orile-Agege.

“During the fight, Eniola Ayodele allegedly used a sharp object to stab one Muhammed Obadimeji, 25, who was said to have come to separate them, in the chest. The peacemaker was rushed to the LASUTH in Ikeja for treatment and later died.

“A team of policemen was mobilised to the scene of the incident, where Ayodele, Babashola and Barakat Wasiu were all arrested and brought to the station. Obadimeji’s corpse has been deposited in the mortuary of the General Hospital in Yaba for autopsy. Investigation is in progress and the case has been transferred to the SCIID, Panti, Yaba, for further action.”

PUNCH]

4 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by donbachi(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2020
Me settle fight..i dey craze?

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Damscodammy1(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2020
Dy don use am settle mata.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2020
Nawa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Kriss216: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2020
It's more noble to fight for Capri-sonne in a child's party than to fight for a woman.

To separate two adults fighting is the second most foolish thing on earth. The first is loving a Nigerian girl.

227 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by orisa37: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2020
The Three are MURIC-MEMBERS.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by majamajic(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Ahhhhhhh
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by gambia(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2020
I have been minding my business since 1900.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by DaddyRochie1642: 9:26am On Aug 11, 2020
gambia:
I have been mind my business since 1900.

This your English is shocking grin grin

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by DaddyRochie1642: 9:27am On Aug 11, 2020
Two foolish grown Up Adults were fighting over a teenage Girl's Kpekus??...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Aug 11, 2020
Still on still, Blessed are the peacemaker!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by gambia(m): 9:34am On Aug 11, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

This your English is shocking grin grin

Thanks, an oversight though. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2020
See wetin small pikin TOTO dey cause.Two pedophilic Simps.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Perfecttouchade: 10:12am On Aug 11, 2020
Ok, I dey always dey distance myself from where Dem dey fight..mi o like wahala. Troublemakers killed Peacemaker... Check us out for ur aluminium windows.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by muchroom(m): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2020
Laycon!Laycon!Laycon! How many times did I call you? Leave Erica alone. Flesh and blood did not reveal this news to us.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Slawormir: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

I remember my grandfather will always say to me

"Son....I am 145 years old and still very much alive and healthy.....do you know why son? Because am always minding my business"

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Henrydata(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Eiya

Meanwhile check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Legalcriminal: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Blessed are the peace maker for they shall be called the children of God..

I hope you meet Father Jesus in heaven.

But for Me I no dey separate fight, I Dey like to watch sef.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by politicsng: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Two things I can never do

1. Separate fight

2. Fight for girlfriend mata

This guy did both. He went to separate fight on top of girlfriend mata and ended up dead

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by PureGoldh(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Gbese...I don't know if its only me that do mind my business whenever I see any gathering.

I no even dey go close talk more of separating fight or peeping

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by NewDelhi(m): 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
That's why e no good to dey put mouth for fight wey no concern you

4 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Pidginwhisper: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2020
Reason i no dey try settle fight and still don’t blame people who minds their business when they see people fight.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by Beehshorp(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2020
In this life mind your business.

4 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by SmileDance(f): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2020
I still don't understand why the girl was arrested undecided

19 Likes

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by OgbeniOptional(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by ForeThinker: 10:14am On Aug 11, 2020
Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Peacemaker Stabbed To Death In Lagos As Rivals Fight Over Girlfriend (pic) by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2020
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. That's a risk not many will take in situations like this this

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dismissed Soldier Who Shot Commander, Nabbed For Robbery [Photo] / Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.