Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

SAD: Cancer Patient, Nengi Rachel Fubara Dies In India - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / SAD: Cancer Patient, Nengi Rachel Fubara Dies In India (935 Views)

NHS Nurse Who Offered Bible To A Cancer Patient 'rightly Sacked' says court / Cancer Patient Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last / Edu Val, Cancer Patient Dies, A Week After He Begged God To Take His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SAD: Cancer Patient, Nengi Rachel Fubara Dies In India by Upritman(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
@SuanusBlog

A young lady from Rivers State identified as Nengi Rachel Fubara has died in India, Suanu’s Blog reports.
Nengi’s ordeal has got public sympathy some months ago following her cry for N12million to finance her cancer surgery in India.

Although help didn’t come from the Rivers State Government, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC and other top government agencies, Nengi through public donations from ordinary Nigerians was able to travel to India for the operation. A report reaching Suanu’s Blog indicate that she has passed on.

While soliciting for funds by members of the public on GufundMe, Nengi had written;
"Hi! My name is Rachel Nengi Fubara. I’m a vibrant and ambitious, 27 year old female. I’m a graduate of Genetics & Biotechnology from the University of Calabar, Nigeria and a fashion designer. In 2018, I was diagnosed with acute Angiosarcoma (cancer of the lining of the blood vessel), a cancerous tumor, very close to my groin. Further evaluation showed that the groin mass is sitting on the femoral vessels.
It all began during my service year when I noticed a painless lump on my groin area, I went to different hospitals and was prescribed compression tights to worn at all times with hopes that the swelling will reduce or disappear. I wore this tights for almost two years (2015 – 2016) all to no avail. The swelling only got bigger and painful. I underwent a surgery in January 2018, to remove this mass. Upon conducting a biopsy to test this growth, results came back as a cancerous growth. Since then, my family has been trying to raise funds to send me to India for further medical treatment which includes another operation and chemotherapy. Walking as become difficult because of the tumor and the tumor is getting bigger.
Like most of us, I have goals and dreams, one of which is to further my education by obtaining a Masters degree and kick-start my clothing design & making business. However, all of these dreams have been put on hold to be whole again.
I need your financial assistance to fund my transportation and medical bills. Whatever donation I receive will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless you!
Donate what you can, nothing is too small”.

She had made the plea for about two years and if help had come her way earlier enough, perhaps the life of this aspiring young lady would have been saved.
May her soul rest in peace.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/07/sad-cancer-patient-nengi-rachel-fubara.html

Re: SAD: Cancer Patient, Nengi Rachel Fubara Dies In India by Danchoco(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
Rest in peace...

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House Pls Interprete This Xray Report / Woman Misses Medical Checkup To Vote In Akwa Ibom,Dies 1 Week After Election.PIC / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.