Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

The Letter Killeth.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Letter Killeth.. (1767 Views)

The Letter Killeth Without The Spirit. / The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. / The Letter "I" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Most people who claim they are atheist on this forum fell into the trap of atheism because they have always taken written words as literal or historical. That is the only angle they have always known and as such make this judgement based on it.. I used to be just that too until I stepped out of religion and search for a different road.. A third road I call it.. And my journey in a nut shell start thus..
God I found out is not a man or a human being and as such cannot write, speak or do anything human can do.. God therefore is the totality of the consciousness of the universe personified.. God is the source of everything..., the originator, the creator of everything.. The word God comes from the acronym of the Greek words for POWER, WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE..
This personified consciousness has different names according to different cultures.. I am igbo so the consciousness we call CHUKWU... Yoruba calls it OLODUMARE.. ETC. The jews called it by a title LORD, anybody who is sincere and has done any real research will find out that the Lord of the old testament is Marduk.. The lugal dimmer ankia.. Which simply means divine king of heaven and earth..
Back to my point.. God is not a man or a human being.. So it can't communicate with us like humans do.. The only way is through symbols and numbers., usually through an Oracle.. For those of us who watch nollywold movies, if you notice when Olu Jacobs ask for the babalawo for what is wrong... After consultation the answer is usually given with parables.. It is that parable that is the word of God, that is what the jews wrote down in their Tanakh... The new restaurant is just garbage..

So we are expected to read the story and learn the message in it.. That is what is important...

I spent 10 years in the UK and was opportuned to have a jew as my landlord... Ask me any question that does not make sense, I will tell you the message in it...

1 Like

Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
The battle (good and evil) is within not out side... And this life is a journey, only the destination is given not the journey.. It is entirely up to you..some take 40 years to get to the promised land(endless possibilities), some take 4,... Some 400...it is up to you.. Bottom line, you will get there... Cos end of the day everyone MUST BE SAVED from slavery (ignorance of self)

1 Like

Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
Take for example.. The story of the God killing Onan for failing to impregnate his brothers wife and raising children for his brother and anytime he had conjugal relation with her, he allowed his seed to run to the ground...

The message is simply to teach us about the danger of pleasure without responsibility...
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2018
grin The god you described in your first post is not compatible with the christian god described in the bible. Lol, the letter killeth, *yimu* grin
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:
Take for example.. The story of the God killing Onan for failing to impregnate his brothers wife and raising children for his brother and anytime he had conjugal relation with her, he allowed his seed to run to the ground...

The message is simply to teach us about the danger of pleasure without responsibility
how did come about this explanation? Be sincere grin
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:19am On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
how did come about this explanation? Be sincere grin
One Christian website.

1 Like

Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
grin The god you described in your first post is not compatible with the christian god described in the bible. Lol, the letter killeth, *yimu* grin

Yes, in my post I said the new testament is garbage... It is not the same... Christianity was created to deceive...
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

One Christian website.

Nah
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

Nah
What is literally and figurative in the bible.
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 9:26am On Aug 01, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

One Christian website.
I won't be surprised if it's a web site by a crooked christian apologist. They are good at making up explainations.
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:35am On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
I won't be surprised if it's a web site by a crooked christian apologist. They are good at making up explainations.
Ask him how he knows his own interpretation of the bible is correct and if the ancient israelites interpreted it so.

1 Like

Re: The Letter Killeth.. by vaxx: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2018
My question has nothing to do with atheism so i may a bit shift this discussion somewhere.

Why do you think Christianity is illogical as a jews? I have meet a Jewish friend who also claim to believe in Jesus. I am not debating you .just wanner read your view.
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

Yes, in my post I said the new testament is garbage... It is not the same... Christianity was created to deceive...
The christian god is still the old testament god. Still, the old testament god is nothing like you described in the first post.
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 11:47am On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
The christian god is still the old testament god. Still, the old testament god is nothing like you described in the first post.

Nah, you have not grasped the premise of the thread...
The letter killeth, the spirit giveth life... The stories are all parables, meant to instruct you Spiritually
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2018
Keep your questions coming I will tackle them, I am giving a presentation today in my masters class, running a masters degree in chemical engineering in uniben
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

Nah, you have not grasped the premise of the thread...
The letter killeth, the spirit giveth life... The stories are all parables, meant to instruct you Spiritually
Who told you the stories are all parables? Who told you their meanings? How was that meaning arrived at?
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
Who told you the stories are all parables? Who told you their meanings? How was that meaning arrived at?

When a yoruba man tells you a parable, is it not proper for the yoruba man or another yoruba man to interpret it... To get the real meaning of the parable..

Same thing goes for a Jewish parable, it is proper for a Jewish man to interpret it for us..
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:

God is not a man or human being..
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Dantedasz(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2018

This is going to be interesting!!!
Did your Jewish landlord explain the Bible advocating for slavery both in the New and Old testament?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Dantedasz(m): 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by OkaiCorne(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dear OP, what you are writing here isn't new.

You're taking a Gnostic approach to interpreting the scriptures... looking for "hidden knowledge" where there is none...
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
OkaiCorne:

You're taking a Gnostic approach to interpreting the scriptures... looking for "hidden knowledge" where there is none...

gbam!
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Martinez19(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

When a yoruba man tells you a parable, is it not proper for the yoruba man or another yoruba man to interpret it... To get the real meaning of the parable..

Same thing goes for a Jewish parable, it is proper for a Jewish man to interpret it for us..
Can you list one of these Jewish parables and the Jew that wrote it?
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by Dantedasz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:
Most people who claim they are atheist on this forum fell into the trap of atheism because they have always taken written words as literal or historical. That is the only angle they have always known and as such make this judgement based on it.. I used to be just that too until I stepped out of religion and search for a different road.. A third road I call it.. And my journey in a nut shell start thus..
God I found out is not a man or a human being and as such cannot write, speak or do anything human can do.. God therefore is the totality of the consciousness of the universe personified.. God is the source of everything..., the originator, the creator of everything.. The word God comes from the acronym of the Greek words for POWER, WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE..
This personified consciousness has different names according to different cultures.. I am igbo so the consciousness we call CHUKWU... Yoruba calls it OLODUMARE.. ETC. The jews called it by a title LORD, anybody who is sincere and has done any real research will find out that the Lord of the old testament is Marduk.. The lugal dimmer ankia.. Which simply means divine king of heaven and earth..
Back to my point.. God is not a man or a human being.. So it can't communicate with us like humans do.. The only way is through symbols and numbers., usually through an Oracle.. For those of us who watch nollywold movies, if you notice when Olu Jacobs ask for the babalawo for what is wrong... After consultation the answer is usually given with parables.. It is that parable that is the word of God, that is what the jews wrote down in their Tanakh... The new restaurant is just garbage..

So we are expected to read the story and learn the message in it.. That is what is important...

I spent 10 years in the UK and was opportuned to have a jew as my landlord... Ask me any question that does not make sense, I will tell you the message in it...

QUOTED.
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
Martinez19:
Can you list one of these Jewish parables and the Jew that wrote it?

The Torah (genesis to deuteronomy) was written by Ezra.. Just after the babylonian exile.
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

What is literally and figurative in the bible.

The bible is not a history textbook, it is a spiritual manual for spiritual instructions...
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Yes, that is why and what it is.. It is not a history textbook.. It is for spiritual instructions..
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dantedasz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojj5Trzw_G0

Slavery simply means ignorance of self.. In Bible terms..
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dantedasz:

This is going to be interesting!!!
Did your Jewish landlord explain the Bible advocating for slavery both in the New and Old testament?

Slavery means ignorance of self... The purpose of this life is the journey towards self realisation.. That is what the Torah is all about, the journey from slavery in Egypt (spiritual ignorance) to the promised land (self realisation)
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

The bible is not a history textbook, it is a spiritual manual for spiritual instructions...
Yes. What is spiritual about lineage of Abraham, David, and jesus?
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by sonmvayina(m): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Yes. What is spiritual about lineage of Abraham, David, and jesus?

Those are not part of the Jewish cannon... Those are introduced by the Romans to make the story of Jesus look credible..
Re: The Letter Killeth.. by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
sonmvayina:

Those are not part of the Jewish cannon... Those are introduced by the Romans to make the story of Jesus look credible..
So god allowed Romans to taint the story making it unpalatable to us humans?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The God Of The New Testament Different Frm The God Of The Old Testament? / Is The Church Now A Joke? / The Lies Of My Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.