Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Reasons For Procrastination - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reasons For Procrastination (221 Views)

At Last I Overcame Procrastination After Wasting Almost A Year / 12 Smart Psychology Ways To Overcome Procrastination / Procrastination: The Silent Waster. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For Procrastination by Uranus1: 3:00am On Aug 01, 2018
We all know that procrastination is the sworn enemy of successful people. It is a robber of dreams and the deceiver that tells you that time is an ally. Inasmuch as we know these things, why do really procrastinate? What is at the root of this evil? I think identifying the true cause of a problem helps in nipping it in the bud.

Laziness
I would like to think of more lofty things of a lot of us but the truth is that many of us do not get up to do the needful for no other reason than good old slothfulness. My advice: you need an accountability buddy to move you into action.

Lack of interest
One reason you haven’t gotten round to beginning a project is that probably, your heart is not in it. This is why passion cannot be overemphasized when it comes to being a success. If it is something you must do then break it into simpler bits rather than go at it as a whole.

Indecision
Some of us are blessed with the curse of indecision. When too many options are set before us, it is like our heads are spinning so we believe that no action is better than a wrong one. However, also remember that failure is an inevitable part of any success story. It is best that you venture and fail so you’ll know what not to do in future.

Misguided notions
Unfortunately, some of us entertain some wrong mindsets that hinder our progress. One of such is that there is such a time as the perfect time. Inasmuch as timing is important, it is still impossible to have every condition perfect before you proceed. You just have to launch in faith!

https://www.nigerialog.com/random-thoughts/reasons-for-procrastination/new/#new

(1) (Reply)

Thousands Evacuated From Indonesian Island After Earthquake / #Digital #Printing #Outdoor #Advertising / Check This Out, I Bet You Will Not Regret It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.