Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,391 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket (12086 Views)

One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Revolva(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2018
A one-way ticket is a ticket that allows a passenger to travel only to their destination, without returning. Although buying a one-way ticket is pocket-friendly, there are certain situations or circumstances that warrant you to buy a roundtrip ticket if you do not want your trip to be cancelled or have a bad experience , i discuss the situations you should not buy a one-way ticket.

Visiting visa

Whether you are visiting a friend or a family member, you should buy a roundtrip ticket because you have to return to your home country. This is because you do not have the legal requirements to stay. So, if you do not want to live like a fugitive, it is advisable to book a two-way ticket.

Not a visa-free country

Nigerians have the opportunity to travel to about 45 countries around the world without a visa. Some of these countries include Bangladesh, Cape Verde, Chad, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Barbados and Benin Republic among others. If it is not a visa country, do not book a one-way ticket.

Student visa that is less than one-year

It is relatively 'easy' to be granted a student visa when compared with other forms of visa. This said, if your student visa is less than one year, it is best to purchase a roundtrip ticket. This may be due to the fact that your educational pursuit in your country of destinations will end within a year.

Work permit less than a year

A work permit is a permission to take a job within a foreign country. If you get this approval and it is less than a year, you should just buy a two-way ticket to avoid any immigration hiccups.

You are not permanent resident/citizenship

It is easier for a permanent resident or citizen to travel in and out of a foreign country without being challenged. But questions will be raised if you are not a permanent resident and you are presenting a one-way ticket. The airport officials will think that you want to abscond when you arrive at your destination and they may not allow you to board or travel.

cc -Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

5 Likes

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Land for sale....
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
ok.
@Justwise, check your mentions.
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by meetchandus(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
What if you have a study permit of 2 years..is there any point buying a return ticket?
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by BruncleZuma: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
This is correct
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by OboOlora(f): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
Very correct!
Some people will come n give birth here and buy one way ticket, do u think the guys at POE are fools?

1 Like

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by SEONaijaExpert: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2018
To any embassy it means you're willing to go back to your home country.
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Stallion93(m): 9:45am On Aug 01, 2018
grin
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Stallion93(m): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
R
grin FTC hustlers
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Stallion93(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2018
illitrate:
Land for sale....
How much and where?
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by sagod: 9:48am On Aug 01, 2018
Ok. Noted.
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2018
Stallion93:
How much and where?

At yaba left.
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Immorttal: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2018
In most cases, one way ticket is not pocket friendly like you said almost the same price as a round trip ticket.

3 Likes

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by mavinc4u(f): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2018
what if i am visiting 2 countries like from Nigeria to Country A and from country A to country B, do i need one way on each or return?
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Originalsly: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2018
Revolva:

The airport officials will think that you want to abscond when you arrive at your destination and they may not allow you to board or travel.

Hmmm.....really?...after you arrive at your destination. I learn something today.
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by micariice(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2018
I have not yet confirm the years it will take for a round trip ticket or a two way ticket will expire but you can deposit your return ticket money in a bank account with a mastercard and visacard then you can buy your ticket whenever you need it.
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Rexnegro(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2018
mavinc4u:
what if i am visiting 2 countries like from Nigeria to Country A and from country A to country B, do i need one way on each or return?
you need two one way n one return from country B back to your home country... hope am right
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by omoeso(m): 10:21am On Aug 01, 2018
mavinc4u:

This is call Multiple Leg. You still need a return ticket. And that will be from your final destination say country B.
Example - LAGOS - LONDON - PARIS - LAGOS.

Anyway, the airline will not even fly you except you have a return ticket. Except you have a student visa above a year or you are a resident of the country you are flying to. Else, the airline will be charged.

1 Like

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by ItzBIM(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2018
illitrate:
Land for sale....

Why should I buy a land from an illiterate
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Lexusgs430: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2018
I am surely buying a one way ticket to heaven....

No plans to return to this sinful world......

1 Like

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2018
Basic travelling rules. Some people get turned back by border officials if you're in the above category and you have a one way ticket.
I mean, it leaves more room for suspicion that you would default on your visa.

1 Like

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2018
Why for Visa free country. Need more explanation
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by SageTravels: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
Op one way ticket is not pocket friendly o as you said. its advisable you book a return ticket. its cheaper and makes your journey legit.

I can Assist in Ticket booking. PM me
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by 190theclown: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
omoeso:

This is call Multiple Leg. You still need a return ticket. And that will be from your final destination say country B.
Example - LAGOS - LONDON - PARIS - LAGOS.

Anyway, the airline will not even fly you except you have a return ticket. Except you have a student visa above a year or you are a resident of the country you are flying to. Else, the airline will be charged.

which one is multi leg..

its called a round trip

stop behaving like someone wen no go school angry
Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by proff010: 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
I never travel out before, but before the end of this year God will do it

1 Like

Re: Situations You Should Not Buy A One-way Ticket by Chayil18: 12:16am On Feb 08, 2019
Hello all,

Please for a two year work permit in Canada, can I book one way ticket?

I will appreciate your urgent response.

(1) (Reply)

Iceland Univerity / When Will The Zenith Light Come On? / Nigerians Abroad Must Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.