Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park (5187 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Slovenia: 0% (0 votes)
USA: 27% (3 votes)
Draw: 72% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
10 mins - no goals yet though the Slovenians have started impressively and are pushing the yanks back!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2010
some coaches just get arrogant for nothing

what is the point of benching Ricardo Clark?
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2010
goal slovania. . . . spectacular from about 25 yrds out - Birsa
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2010
USA have to come from behind yet again!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
this must be the first real "clean" long-range strike on goal thats been scored in this WC. . . . mayb they are finally beginning to get a hang on the jabulani!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2010
Bob Bradley should not have benched Clark

Clark forms better partnership with Michael Bradley

and the goal came from the clark position, I don't think the Torres of a boy they included adds more value to the team.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by medjai(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2010
looks like someone has mastered how to use the jabulani. One of the best goals so far
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2010
mikeansy:

Bob Bradley should not have benched Clark

Clark forms better partnership with Michael Bradley

and the goal came from the clark position, I don't think the Torres of a boy they included adds more value to the team.

maybe he got the nod by virtue of his name  grin

bocanegra giving away too many fouls. . . . & slovenia come close again but the US are battling harder now - this is quite a spectacle - end 2 end stuff!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by honeric01(m): 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
Slovenia, the dark horse cool
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by AjanleKoko: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2010
I hope this won't be the last action of the game
Teams have been shutting down as soon as they get even half a goal.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by AjanleKoko: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2010
2-0.
Slovenia kill it off in the First.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2010
Its a bad day for Bob Bradley

you dont change ur winning team anyhow for no reason in a cup competition.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Emperoh(m): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2010
I wanted to ignore this match but hey, seems we are in for upsets today!!
USA down by 2 goals!!!!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by medjai(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2010
not an upset to me. All these tiny Eastern European teams are very good. I see Slovenia scoring more goals. These Slovenian guys are going to sodomise England
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Mudley313: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2010
I wanted to ignore this match but hey, seems we are in for upsets today!!
USA down by 2 goals!!!!

this is not "an upset" in the sense of the word; maybe u have been watching too much espn. since when did the US become a world soccer football power. i was rooting for the US at the start of the tournament but the arrogance of those ESPN analysts has turned me off big time. they wrote off slovenia and algeria as walk-overs even before the games. imagine. coming from north america where u play canada and haiti to qualify you have the audacity to underrate a team that qualifie from europe. smh
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by 9ja4eva: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2010
Not surprised,

Slovenia to win this
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Travelista(f): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
Mudley313:

this is not "an upset" in the sense of the word; maybe u have been watching too much espn. since when did the US become a world soccer football power. i was rooting for the US at the start of the tournament but the arrogance of those ESPN analysts has turned me off big time. they wrote off slovenia and algeria as walk-overs even before the games. imagine. coming from north america where u play canada and haiti to qualify you have the audacity to underrate a team that qualifie from europe. smh

I thought I was the only one that was tired of the commentators on ESPN. Those guys are woefully offensive and can't help but to display their hateful ignorance. Even as an American, I've never been able to root for the US team; I don't support failure, so I commend you on at least giving them a chance. Goodness knows that if the US advances, we'll never hear the end of it; you know how we do things.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Emperoh(m): 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2010
Na una talk oo!!

America 1 2 Slovenia!!

Danovan is a Baller!!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Travelista(f): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
Ok, this is exactly what I'm talking about with ESPN: their reaction for that goal was beyond extra. Donovan was unopposed; if he couldn't make that goal, then he'd deserve to be horsewhipped.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
why was the slovenian goal keeper hiding?
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by aieromon(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
This match is crack-a-lacking wink
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Mudley313: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2010
I thought I was the only one that was tired of the commentators on ESPN. Those guys are woefully offensive and can't help but to display their hateful ignorance. Even as an American, I've never been able to root for the US team; I don't support failure, so I commend you on at least giving them a chance. Goodness knows that if the US advances, we'll never hear the end of it; you know how we do things.

@ bolded. . .i think you're using the wrong terminologies

Insert Quote
Ok, this is exactly what I'm talking about with ESPN: their reaction for that goal was beyond extra. Donovan was unopposed; if he couldn't make that goal, then he'd deserve to be horsewhipped.

the commentator's british and we've seen players missed clearer chances. i think you're starting to overeact
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by mystikal(m): 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2010
Its funny how the Americans say "make the goal".

Interesting match. I have a soft spot for the yanks anyway.

Try the English Sports Commentators, you'd be amazed
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
Game on, cracking match!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2010
Onyewu has got to be the dumbest defender in the WC. . . even when unopposed he just thumps the ball back into the opposition's possession - so much for keep ball!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
Michael Bradley has improved a lot

always a very committed player
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Travelista(f): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2010
Mudley313:

@ bolded. . .i think you're using the wrong terminologies

the commentator's british and we've seen players missed clearer chances. i think you're starting to overeact

I'm not using 'wrong terminologies'; I've been watching the WC on ESPN since the beginning. These commentators have made several hateful comments: if you don't think calling a country wretchedly poor or acting as if a team isn't capable of being a treat because they haven't seen a cell phone before is offensive or ignorant, then we live on different planets.

They can be British from now 'til tomorrow but they are employed by an American corporation; you don't think they know what side they're bread is buttered?
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2010
What was that defender - Suler thinking  shocked      he's lucky to get away with only a yellow, it coulda been a sending off, no intention to play the ball whatsoever, he just pushed Altidore over!

Altidore still had plenty to do if he'd latched onto that Donovan thru pass. . .  no need to wrestle him down; absolutely no need!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2010
mikeansy:

Michael Bradley has improved a lot

always a very committed player

True. . . . he's one of the best in the squad!
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2010
RuuDie:

Onyewu has got to be the dumbest defender in the WC. . . even when unopposed he just thumps the ball back into the opposition's possession - so much for keep ball!

they nearly called him up for super eagles grin
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by ogazi007(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2010
England might finish behind slovenia in this group.
Re: Slovenia Vs Usa [2- 2] : Group-C Wc Match @ Ellis Park by RuuDie(m): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2010
2-2

super bradley!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kelvin Debruyne And Luka Modric, Who's Better Midfielder? / Deposit Funds To 1960bet Account / Nigeria Vs South Korea FIFA Womens World Cup Time: 2pm Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.