Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,437 members, 7,861,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Difference Between A Student And A Learner - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between A Student And A Learner (296 Views)

Obituary Of ABUAD Potential Best Graduating Student And His Mother / IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between A Student And A Learner by mrnwas(m): 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
The Difference Between a Learner And a Student

A student is someone who studies, that is, someone who uses analytical methods to examine a subject and acquire knowledge, usually under the guidance of a teacher in an educational institution.

A learner is someone who learns something. "Learn" is usually used in the context of acquiring a skill. (rather than acquiring knowledge). So we would say: "I am learning how to swim"—not "I am studying how to swim." A person who is learninghow to swim is a learner, but not a student.

Thus, all students are learners in one sense (since acquiring knowledge increases a person's overall skills), but all learners are not students.

A simple way of understanding the difference is that a learner is a person who is in the process of acquiring practical skills, whereas a student is a person who is engaged in studying academic subjects and acquiring knowledge.

To further prove my point.

During CDS, Entrepreneurs will come looking for young graduates to train in Welding/metal Fabrication, Poultry, fishery, fashion design, etc

You'll see young male and female graduates running to these businessmen to grab the little they can

Guess what

As they get to the workshop, the entrepreneur will push one O'Level Skilled welder, fashion designer to the front. He's charged to teach these graduates how to weld.

Now these are graduates that spent years studying. Even me self, welding was a part of my syllabus but I find myself wanting to learn this too.

The O'level skilled welder learnt how to weld, I studied, read and sat for the exams and obtained the result, but you see, this skilled welder will be teaching I and others

We're among those that studied.

If any of us piss this guy off eh, the way he will konk somebody or shout at you ehh. You'll just feel like bite him.

In Nigeria there is a 65% chances that you'll after those long years of study, you'll still go out there to learn again. You might even have to learn something that's totally different from what you studied in the higher institution.

That's simply the difference between Someone who studied and the other who learnt

With much love from www.schoolnaija.net

©MrPinner 2018

(1) (Reply)

1,000 Youth Join Access Bank To Celebrate International Youth Day (photos) / UNILAG Post Utme Result 2018 Is Out And How To Check / Protest Ruins Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi After A Ghostly Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.