Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,189 members, 7,860,261 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce (10940 Views)

Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink / Lafarge Africa Re-launches Its Improved Cement Product, SUPASET / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Consula: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2018
Mrakeli:
Konga, e-commerce firm, has relaunched Pay On Delivery (POD) for the e-commerce market in Nigeria.

The service, which was launched August 1,2018, started with customers in Lagos, with plans to extend same service to other states from September 1st 2018.

The service is coming after Konga effectively achieved same day delivery of approximately 97 per cent of product orders in major cities in the last 30 days.

Confirming the development, the CEO, Konga Online, Mr. Nick Imudia, disclosed that POD was suspended when erstwhile owners – Naspers and AB Kinnevik were in discussions before the acquisition of the business by the Zinox Group.

“We have taken our time to restructure, improve our technology and capacity in terms of our own staff and logistics to meet customers’ expectations. We have invested substantially in our logistics arm, K-Express culminating in the acquisition of new line-haul trucks, delivery vansand motor bikes to meet the commitments of not just POD, but also achieve a minimum of 85 per cent same day delivery of major products categories by July 2019 across the nation as mandated by the Board of Konga.

“Someone must make it happen, and we have decided to take the bull by the horns with new mega warehousing and storage facilities being opened across the country with best in class technologies,” he affirmed.
Imudia, also stated that Konga, in line with its status as the biggest composite e-commerce company in Africa, is expanding its retail network as promised by the company’s management, with a target of 100 stores before the end of 2019 but with a long-term ambition of achieving 774 stores by 2022

“Effective August 1, 2018 and considering Nigeria’s deficient payment system, Konga customers had several payment and delivery options. This will go a long way to excite our customers and expand the numerous order fulfilment channels available to our customers.

“In addition to pre-payment and payment on delivery, you have the additional option of ordering online to pay and collect from the nearest Konga retail store. Our customers can also walk into any of our stores nationwide and with the help of our staff, order products we do not have in store, then pay and collect when it is delivered at the store or we deliver it at their door-steps. At Konga, we consider the challenges of our market and simplify things for our customers. No other e-commerce company offers these delivery and payment options on the continent,” he concluded.

www.akelicious.net
This is good, unlike JUMIA that introduced pay-before-inspection of goods. Imagine the madness !, i order on POD and then when the goods/item arrives, I must make payment before opening the carton to inspect. And if after inspection the item is defective or a wrong item, I will have to start calling customer care to start the process of refund...........#Jokers.
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by micariice(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2018
I know that bars to the bank has sold many products on that website
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Iyajelili(f): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2018
For busy people like us, thanks Konga. I'm so gonna patronise them

2 Likes

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by crafteck(m): 9:23am On Aug 02, 2018
So den still de exist
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by BlueMags(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2018
Depot:
I still give it to Konga, Jumia are still learners, they take forever to deliver items within Lagos. Outside Lagos na thy kingdom come.

I received items from them in Makurdi in 3days!
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by olisaEze(m): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Ifedamolah:
At last.. Now I can order for that Camera and chose not to show up for pick up

Lwkmd .....wicked
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Kcwise199: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Walk into any of our 'Konga Store' and inquire on how to buy and pay on installment basis. /
yemmybx:
Well done Konga!

I want to buy something from your store but I don't have enough cash, do you have any consideration for that?
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Willexmania(m): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2018
Mutemenot:
If una like make una deliver same hour. Naija online biz na scam. Jumia gave me enough and unforgettable lessons
Please What Did jumia do to you?
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Kcwise199: 10:52am On Aug 02, 2018
Never to worry, we have put some measures to prevent this Abuse from customers. Be rest assured the new experience will be great
magnusbane:

Exactly, bad news for we sellers. Nigerians are just mad
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Kcwise199: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2018
Oga what is lie about the news. I work with Konga and i can confirm it. If u don't know, say u don't not saying what u are not sure of. Shalom
hardywaltz:
Fat lie
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Kcwise199: 10:56am On Aug 02, 2018
Mr. Thomas, Stop doubting. It is real. we are good to go with POD
itiswellandwell:
Doubt this news!
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by einsteine(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
They need to be very careful. In pay on delivery.. there are some. Bad egg around.. jumiacase is still in the court concerned the delivery man who was killed

How does pay-on-delivery cause cases like the Jumia case? Whether or not, payment was made before or after delivery, the goods still have to be delivered. The delivery man was killed because Nigeria is insecure. It has nothing to do with pay on delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by lorhema(f): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2018
Good. I stopped buying from Konga when they stopped POD

I bought a couple of substandard items in the past so I always want to see what I'm getting and don't want the long talk usually involved in getting a refund from e-retailers here.

1 Like

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by hardywaltz(m): 11:49am On Aug 02, 2018
Kcwise199:
Oga what is lie about the news. I work with Konga and i can confirm it. If u don't know, say u don't not saying what u are not sure of. Shalom
Try buying from Konga and check their website for pay on delivery option.
I bought this morning and it wasn't there
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by bamasite(m): 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
I doubt if this is a good development
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by bedfordng(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
hmmm
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by sircrabo: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
bluefilm:
Konga why na?

You suppose know say our people too dey abuse.

Now they will start frustrating we sellers once again. sad sad sad

The Prepayment system didn't really help jor. Orders reduced drastically. Nigerians want to see and touch an item before they pay for it.
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by sircrabo: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
Depot:
I still give it to Konga, Jumia are still learners, they take forever to deliver items within Lagos. Outside Lagos na thy kingdom come.

That was Jumia of 2yrs ago, their delivery rate has increased. We hope Konga can meet up with the competition now

1 Like

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
50% Off! A rare Opportunity to
Own Christal Villa Queens Court
with C of O Shapati Lekki at N5m
+ Free Deed of Assignment.

For details/Inspection:

NIKE 07064401427
IYKE 08023963432
SAHEED 09066815852
ABIOLA 07036435999

Becoming a Landlord has been made easy!
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Teejay13(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
What an innovation...
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2018
Mutemenot:
If una like make una deliver same hour. Naija online biz na scam. Jumia gave me enough and unforgettable lessons
don't patronize jumia, do konga instead.
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Mutemenot(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2018
dancok:
don't patronize jumia, do konga instead.

You mean they are reliable and can deliver exactly what I paid for? Wasted huge amount in Jumia @d end i got diff products delivered
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2018
Mutemenot:

You mean they are reliable and can deliver exactly what I paid for? Wasted huge amount in Jumia @d end i got diff products delivered
yes konga is more reliable and sells good thing.
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by bluefilm: 1:00am On Aug 03, 2018
sircrabo:

The Prepayment system didn't really help jor. Orders reduced drastically. Nigerians want to see and touch an item before they pay for it.

But at least, it encouraged only SERIOUS buyers...

2 Likes

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by warrenweste(m): 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
bluefilm:

But at least, it encouraged only SERIOUS buyers...

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by eliteworld(m): 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hi, pls I am seriously thinking of becoming a seller on konga but ppl around me keep saying jumia is better...pls I would like to know if selling on konga is better than selling on jumia...pls honest answers guys
Re: Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce by uslasconsults(m): 9:14am On Feb 06, 2019
GEx Deliveries : Nationwide E-commerce Delivery Services in Nigeria | Real-Time GPS Tracking

GEx Deliveries is your nationwide logistics service and expert in e-commerce Delivery in Nigeria! We offer Fast, Secure, Reliable and Real-time GPS tracking Services

https://gex.com.ng/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Monetary Policy Committee Raises MPR To 14% / Complaint About Akin Alabi / Ubah: I Will Contest Anambra Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.