Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink (10012 Views)

Free Video Consultation About Doing Business In Rwanda With Mr Bigkoko®! / Payday: Nigerian Favour Ori Breaks Record In Rwanda / Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by YungDon: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
Payday, the leading Pan-African neobank issuing global (USD, GBP & EUR) accounts to Africans, has announced its re-entry into Rwanda, following the official launch of SpaceX’s Starlink in the East African country.

The re-entry into Rwanda marks a significant milestone in Payday’s Pan-African and global expansion plans, as well as its burgeoning working relationship as a payment processor for Starlink by SpaceX. Announced in February 2023, Rwandans can purchase Starlink routers from the satellite communications corporation, as the country looks to meet its overall targets for widespread internet connectivity and broadband reach across urban and remote areas.

Payday customers in Rwanda will be able to use their virtual cards to not only pay for the routers, but manage their subscription payments. As with customers in Nigeria, they will also be able to send and receive Rwandan Francs (RWF) as well as USD, GBP, EUR using the Payday App.  

Payday recently announced a $3M seed round aimed at securing operational licensing in the UK and Canada; while laying the foundation for entry into several other countries across Europe and Africa - beginning with Nigeria and Rwanda.

Commenting on the expansion, Payday's CEO Favour Ori said, "We are excited to expand our digital banking services to Rwanda as well as grow our partnership with Starlink. This not only presents an opportunity for us to play a significant role in driving financial inclusion in the country but also contributing to affordable internet connection regardless of location.”

Ori continued “Access to the internet is no longer a luxury, but a necessity for personal and economic growth. We believe in the importance of providing a payment solution that empowers individuals and businesses alike to connect to the digital world and unlock new opportunities for growth and development".

Founded in June 2021 in Kigali, Rwanda, Payday supports African remote workers, freelancers, business owners and digital professionals with frictionless, borderless payments. This enables global payment processing from over 130 countries, allowing Africans to work remotely for international organisations, and be paid and withdraw money in the currency of their choice regardless of location.

Acting Chief Investment Officer at Kigali Financial Centre, Jean-Marie Kananura commented on the Rwandian expansion, “We are very happy to witness Payday’s continuous growth. This is a testimony that Kigali International Financial Center has put in place a trusted framework for Rwandan-based startups to raise capital and scale up globally. Ahead of our Inclusive Fintech Forum in June, we aim to highlight these successes that will continuously position Rwanda as the home of fintech on the continent”.

With the country's ambitious target of achieving 90% financial inclusion by 2024, Payday's innovative banking solutions are expected to play a crucial role in achieving this goal. With this latest launch, Payday is set to increase its customer base and establish a strong presence in Rwanda as well as the East African region.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/technology/1531761-nigerian-company-payday-launches-rwanda-spacexs-starlink/

5 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by BOLATINUBU01: 10:06am On Apr 26, 2023
What a great development there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by StraightGaay: 10:07am On Apr 26, 2023
Igbo Amaka

14 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Father4all: 10:07am On Apr 26, 2023
People don't even know them in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by ecolime(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2023
Payday-- Good product, bad customer service.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by nony43(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2023
N
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by BOLATINUBU01: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2023
StraightGaay:
Igbo Amaka
when u go get sense oga

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Munzy14(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2023
Paul kagame is doing a beautiful work in Rwanda.

Fast rising Economy.

Ease of doing business as well.

Security.

Things needed for a nation to develope.

7 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2023
Buhari Saint hand really Touch 'em
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by DetectivSabinus: 10:12am On Apr 26, 2023
Ever wondered why, despite offering amazing goods or services, your sales page just isn't converting to sales? The answer may lie in one simple question - Who wrote your sales copy?

Introducing Wealth Dispensers Limited - the sales copywriting solution that will transform your website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and all other sales pages into sales generating machines!

At Wealth Dispensers Limited, we specialize in crafting persuasive and compelling sales copy that converts visitors into paying customers. Our team of expert copywriters have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results for businesses of all sizes and industries.

Don't settle for lackluster sales pages that fail to make an impact. Let Wealth Dispensers Limited elevate your sales game and help you achieve the success you deserve. Contact us today on Whatsapp via the number below to learn more about how we can help you boost your sales with our premium sales copywriting services.

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by lexy2014: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2023
YungDon:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/technology/1531761-nigerian-company-payday-launches-rwanda-spacexs-starlink/

but this payday is a mess. you put money in payday account, you wont be able to use it and you wont be able to remove it from the account. once chance app. you go complain, customer service go lock up. am sure Rwanda has better regulators to curtail clowns like payday

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by lexy2014: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2023
Munzy14:
Paul kagame is doing a beautiful work in Rwanda.

Fast rising Economy.

Ease of doing business as well.

Security.

Things needed for a nation to develope.

most importantly transparent leadership based on the rule of law and not "who know man" and connection. not the nepotism that we practice here and that will be full blown in the next admin

1 Like

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by lexy2014: 10:16am On Apr 26, 2023
Father4all:

because they have failed so many of their customers

9 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Nwaotu10(m): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2023
Igbo Amaka 😋

5 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by seanwilliam(m): 10:27am On Apr 26, 2023
Nice . Nigeria to the world
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Machinegun91(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2023
I have nothing to say
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by YoungCabal: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2023
Fake it until you make it really worked for the founder of this payday app, I remember some years back, Favor Ori had one scandal with not paying interns and instructors he set up for some projects, man apologized and left twitter, came back and rebranded. I'm happy for him sha, hope he doesn't mess up again this time

5 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Father4all: 10:40am On Apr 26, 2023
lexy2014:

because they have failed so many of their customers
I don't understand bro
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Deeprooted: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2023
My money is stuck with payday since last week.

It's in my virtual dollar account.

Please quote me if you can help me get it

5 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by EMDIEY: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2023
YoungCabal:
Fake it until you make it really worked for the founder of this payday app, I remember some years back, Favor Ori had one scandal with not paying interns and instructors he set up for some projects, man apologized and left twitter, came back and rebranded. I'm happy for him sha, hope he doesn't mess up again this time
Oh! I never knew he had such antecedent history. No wonder, he's paddling the same path tight now. This silly app they are marketing, if you fund mistakenly enter and you encounter issues, they won't respond to you in months. They have one of the most nonchalant customer care services in Nigeria at the moment. Atleast fix your service at home before expanding to another country. They can lock your funds for months without tangible excuse.
If any one doubts what I'm saying, check all their Twitter posts and barrage of complaints unattended.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by AfahaAbia(m): 10:47am On Apr 26, 2023
Payday is a fake company My money has been hanging in there till date

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by lexy2014: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2023
Father4all:
I don't understand bro

what dont you understand?
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by techmann: 10:53am On Apr 26, 2023
Y'all should watch out for Rwanda and Morroco.
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by bluefilm: 10:57am On Apr 26, 2023
lexy2014:

but this payday is a mess. you put money in payday account, you wont be able to use it and you wont be able to remove it from the account. once chance app. you go complain, customer service go lock up. am sure Rwanda has better regulators to curtail clowns like payday

Are you serious?

I was about to open a payday account.

Maybe, I should look for another alternative now?

3 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by lexy2014: 11:00am On Apr 26, 2023
bluefilm:

Are you serious?

I was about to open a payday account.

Maybe, I should look for another alternative now?

just hold on pls. you can see some comments on the thread confirm it. you can also check reviews on google play store. its not encouraging

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by bluefilm: 11:01am On Apr 26, 2023
EMDIEY:

Oh! I never knew he had such antecedent history. No wonder, he's paddling the same path tight now. This silly app they are marketing, if you fund mistakenly enter and you encounter issues, they won't respond to you in months. They have one of the most nonchalant customer care services in Nigeria at the moment. Atleast fix your service at home before expanding to another country. They can lock your funds for months without tangible excuse.
If any one doubts what I'm saying, check all their Twitter posts and barrage of complaints unattended.

Please can you suggest a better alternative to me?

I am in dire need of making some dollar payments.
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Stablefollowers(f): 11:04am On Apr 26, 2023
Run from payday

Their services malfunctions most of the time
It might work now and won't work the next day .

They almost took my life until I ran for my dear life.

2 Likes

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by GoodBoi1(m): 11:05am On Apr 26, 2023
Father4all:
You may not be their target customer
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Stablefollowers(f): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2023
bluefilm:

Please can you suggest a better alternative to me?

I am in dire need of making some dollar payments.

Go to any uba branch
Request for a dollar card
Fund the card with dollars
.Enjoy eternal rest of mind.

This is the only peace of mind way to make foreign payment in Nigeria.

This advice is worth one million dollars.
Treat accordingly.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Munzy14(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2023
lexy2014:

most importantly transparent leadership based on the rule of law and not "who know man" and connection. not the nepotism that we practice here and that will be full blown in the next admin
Buhari era will be a child's play compared to what is coming ahead..@bolded.
Re: Payday Re-launches In Rwanda  with Spacex’s Starlink by Faiththatworks(m): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2023
Pls payday,biko release my small funds.
I had someone pay me some money in my account some days ago,and I'm sure the message I got was an automated message.
Pls biko,can u release my money so I can send to my naira account.
I think payday is always f....king with their Nigerian customers,I have friends in Kenya who don't have the same problems I see people complaining About in Nigeria.
Payday pls release my money......

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How can I Start Handbag And Fashion Accessory Business In Nigeria / Who Is After Igbo Traders In Bayelsa? | THISDAYLIVE / Sanusi Incompetent To Manage CBN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.