Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? (1621 Views)

Become A Licensed Telecom Operative: Earn Millions In Benefits And Incentives / Win #5000 Worth Of Airtime Of Glo, Mtn, Airtel And 9mobile @ Www.nairaswipe.com / Does A 2nd Income Or Investment Plan Interest You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by ProEnergy: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2018
In 2008, a company leased a certain portion of land from my uncle for a fee of 750k paid every 5yrs for 15yrs. The company later leased the property to glo for a substantial amount way bigger than they paid my uncle, for the establishment of a mast. For 10yrs my uncle has been paid titbits from the actual amount he was supposed to be paid and he enjoys no incentive whatsoever from glo.
My family has decided to truncate d deal with d company and demand that either glo establishes a new contract with my uncle or they remove their mast from the land.
We need advice from experienced people as regards this situation. Thanks.
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2018
AGREEMENT IS AGREEMENT.

That is the simple and painful truth!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by Dami12345: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2018
ProEnergy:
In 2008, a company leased a certain portion of land from my uncle for a fee of 750k paid every 5yrs for 15yrs. The company later leased the property to glo for a substantial amount way bigger than they paid my uncle, for the establishment of a mast. For 10yrs my uncle has been paid titbits from the actual amount he was supposed to be paid and he enjoys no incentive whatsoever from glo.
My family has decided to truncate d deal with d company and demand that either glo establishes a new contract with my uncle or they remove their mast from the land.
We need advice from experienced people as regards this situation. Thanks.

Good.
This is smart but look well before you leap
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by ProEnergy: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2018
Their was no agreement that the company could sublet the property.
post=69910159:
AGREEMENT IS AGREEMENT.

That is the simple and painful truth!

3 Likes

Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by Misslynx(f): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2018
ProEnergy:
Their was no agreement that the company could sublet the property.
In order to answer your question, I would start with what state is the property located?
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by ProEnergy: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2018
Rivers
Misslynx:

In order to answer your question, I would start with what state is the property located?
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:46am On Aug 02, 2018
following
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by Misslynx(f): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
ProEnergy:
Rivers
My advice would be that your uncle should seek the services of a competent lawyer to look into the agreement for any loopholes. Since it was not expressly stated in the lease agreement that the company is forbidden to sub-lease to a third party, the company is free from any liability and therefore have not breached any covenant here.

1 Like

Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by sunbilor(m): 3:43am On Aug 03, 2018
No incentives whatsoever attached. What do you mean by your uncle being paid titbit? Also, do you mean your uncle is paid 750k every 5 years or 750k every year?
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by craves(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2018
like what the first response said. "agreement is agreement". provided you uncles is given his due 750k, he has no reason to complain because that is the agreement. even if the company received 10million from glo, its not his business.

you uncles should just endure since its just five years remaining, when its times to renew the agreement. he can demand what ever he wants
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by ProEnergy: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
750k after every 5yrs
sunbilor:
No incentives whatsoever attached. What do you mean by your uncle being paid titbit? Also, do you mean your uncle is paid 750k every 5 years or 750k every year?
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by 2special(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
meaning 150k a year....guy the money is just too low but like others have rightly said ' your uncle must respect the agreement'.
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by sunbilor(m): 3:24am On Aug 05, 2018
ProEnergy:
750k after every 5yrs
That's too poor.
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by ogedazzle: 9:02am On Aug 05, 2018
WHY YOU MUST INVEST IN SHAPATI, LAKOWE, LEKK - QUEENS COURT ESTATEI!!

This Corridor has more Investment value added prospects than the expensive and popular Ikoyi, Victoria Island and Lekki Phase 1 all in Lagos Nigeria.

In the 1970s Plot of Land in Ikoyi Sell less than N500K, but today (2018) the Prices range from N150million above.

In the 1980s Plot of Land in Victoria Island Sell less than N5million, but today (2018) the Prices range from N250million above.

In 90s Plot of Land in Lekki Phase 1 Sell a little above N2million, but today (2018) is from N150million above.

Smart Investors took advantage and Invested even though there wasn’t any inteyrnational Projects within those locations then, yet they made over 5,000% net Profit on their Investments after few years.

Now think of Shapati, Lakowe, Lekki Epe Expressway, Lagos, gateway to the hottest Investments Zone in Africa that is hosting multi billion dollars International Projects.
And few minutes drive to Lekki International Airport, that alone will skyrocket your Investment.

QUEENS COURT

An Estate with a natural ambiance is currently affordable and available now.

PROMO PRICE: N5,000,000 per Plot.

TITLE: CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY

SIZE: 500sqm

Allocation is Instant.

NEIGHBOURHOOD
Novare Mall Shoprite (biggest Mall in Lagos), Lakowe Golf Course, Lagos Business School, Green Spring School, Corona School, Caleb British International School, Coscharis Motors, Mayfair Gardens, Beachwood Estate e.t.c.

INFRASTRUCTURES PROVISION
▪Security/Electrified Fence
▪Street Light
▪Interlocked Roads
▪Concrete Drainage
▪Electricity
▪Green Areas
▪Sport Arena
▪Estate Mall, e.t.c.

For more Information, Inspection and Payment kindly contact or whatsapp:

OGE 07039375005
Re: What Incentives Does A Landlord Enjoy For The Set-up Of Glo Mast On His Propert? by switosman(m): 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
visit a lawyer simple. nothing like agreement is agreement in this. that is not a fair share, at most they will re-negotiate the deal.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sincere Apology to Mr. Alabi Samson Ayobami / Export Financiers Needed / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.