Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? (299 Views)

Have You Ever Been Scammed By A Close Friend Or Relative? Share Your Experience / Woman Attacks, Strips Close Friend For Sleeping With Her Husband / Lady Laments After Her Close Friend Was Stabbed To Death In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? by Slimdoug(m): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2018
My close friend, almost best friend (although I don't trust him completely) has formed the habit of stealing my money or other items whenever he comes to my house. We've had issues before, but as guys, I'll just free him as I've not caught him red handed. But I'm pretty sure it was him.

But yesterday night, it happened again. He called me exactly when I just got home that he was on his way to my house. No problem, he came I went to take my bath. We chatted and he left almost immediately (usually he stays late). Fast-forward to this morning, I found out some money was missing. Due to today being Thursday with the environmental thing in Lagos, I brought some money home in order to help me make early payments for a client's job, but now the money is short.

I've called this fake friend of mine and called his bluff straightaway, but he is still denying it. I've told him never to come anywhere near my house or myself, but I still feel like I should teach him a lesson as I think he is taking me for a f00l. Now is it fair to arrest this guy? He is almost my best friend safe for a little skepticism and distrust from my end. But I feel I need to show him that I can't be taken for granted. Is this the right thing and would the police stress be worth it?
Re: Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? by sulakishop(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2018
Police is your friend
Re: Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? by eezeribe(m): 11:20am On Aug 02, 2018
I can even arrest my identical twin brother for a crime he committed, not to mention an ordinary friend...
Re: Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2018
If he/she is not remorseful after confronting him about the crime/issue, then please arrest him
Re: Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? by dingbang(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2018
K
Re: Is It Fair To Arrest Your Close Friend For A Crime Or Not? by Slimdoug(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2018
mrAMG:
If he/she is not remorseful after confronting him about the crime/issue, then please arrest him

The truth is I could arrest him, but I also do not have any experience dealing with the police. Will it be worth the hassle leaving my business ad running around with the police? And will they charge any money to execute the arrest?

(1) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Blasts Nigeria's Newspaper On Headlines / "Get Your PVC. No Old Ass Gon Rule Us Anymore" - Nigerian Soldier / Police Loses 1.3bn To 4 Officers, EFCC Steps In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.