Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Acer Aspire 5542 Power On, Fan Spinning But No Display - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Acer Aspire 5542 Power On, Fan Spinning But No Display (492 Views)

Mummified Man, Stoneman Willie, To Be Buried After 128 Years On Display In US / Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) / Cleavages On Display As Girls Appear In Different Costume @ Calabar Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Acer Aspire 5542 Power On, Fan Spinning But No Display by APKMirrorApp(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hi,

I have an acer aspire 5542 laptop that turns on, the fan spins but I have no display. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the motherboard or the gpu on the board, but don't know how to test it.

First, I'm wondering if a dead gpu can be hot? Can he produce some heat?

I don't want to buy another board, this is a old laptop and I just want to learn and try to fix it by myself. However, I don't know where to begin with.

I was thinking about testing voltage on the display connector to know if atleast the current goes there, but as I said I'm not sure and this is my first time so I don't have any kind of experience and for the moment I'm just trying to figure out where to begin with.
Happy Birthday Meme

(1) (Reply)

My Beautiful Queen Celebrating Her Birthday, Just Too Proud Of Her. / The Lagos Food Festival / Lagos Community Stands Still To Welcome Ex-governor Ambode [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.