Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,225 members, 7,853,182 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:14 PM

Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka (736 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Amiesimaka Stadium Rivers State $30million More Expensive Than Akwa Ibom Stadium / Amiesimaka Releases Picture Evidence Of Nigeria Under-17 Captain Fortune Chukwud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by supereagle(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2010
Super Eagles woeful outing against Greece in the team’s second Group B game on Thursday in the on-going World Cup in South Africa brought to the fore again, the unclothed truth about the situation of football in Nigeria.

Since 1994, when Nigeria appeared at the World Cup finals for the first time and made a bold impression, the country has since failed to regain her rightful place among footballing nations.

Port Harcourt- based lawyer and ex-Green Eagles winger,  Adokie Amiesimaka has constantly harped on the need to look inwards in solving the problem but his comments and newspaper articles have constantly been seen as too harsh and most times unpatriotic.

Amiesimaka criticised the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) for hiring a foreign coach when they have a local coach who can do better, after they fired Shaibu Amodu, but they never listened. He constantly told Nigerians that Lagerback had nothing to offer but the NFA said he was ‘their’ messiah.

After watching the Eagles lose to Greece, a feat that gave Greece their first World Cup win, Amiesimaka was simply livid.

“Why on earth did Lagerback take Obafemi Martins and Nwankwo Kanu to South Africa, if he knew he was not going to use them. I have said it over and over again, we do not need a foreign coach. Please Patrick Ekeji should explain to Nigerians why they hired Lagerback. Samson Siasia could have done better than the Swede whom they wasted millions of naira on.

Siasia’s Olympic team is better that the present Eagles. Even Amodu and Austin Equavoen who Lagerback turned into a ball boy could have done better. I can confidently tell you that Samson Siasia is better than 10 Lagerbacks put together.

I do not know why the NFA is bent on killing football in Nigeria.  They have constantly proven that they do not have any idea of how to develop football.

The former Sharks of Port Harcourt FC chairman, could not come to terms with the attitude of some of the Eagles players, who played as if they had nothing at stake. He described as ‘silly’ Kaita’s challenge that led to the red card and singled out Vincent Enyeama as the player who truly behaved like a professional player.

“The only person who behaved like a professional player was Vincent Enyeama. What on earth was on Kaita’s mind. It baffles me that a foreign based player could behave like that”, he said.

Amiesimaka was furious at the way Greece made a fool of the Eagles, describing the team as the worst Eagles team ever.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/19/siasia-better-than-10-lagerbacks-says-amiesimaka/

We should start looking inwards for solution to our football problem. It not in the hands of Oyinbo. God has judged Nigeria for humiliating Amodu. How would explain? What happened in 2002 has repeated itself in 2010.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Ibime(m): 8:11am On Jun 19, 2010
Well said Amaesimaka. . . . thunder fire NFF for not appointing SiaSia.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by honeric01(m): 9:00am On Jun 19, 2010
Tell them joor
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by DrKitaun(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2010
Rubbish !

This is someone who clearly said Siasia is not qualified to coach at the senior level yet but should rather brush up his CV . . .his choice has always been KADIRI IKHANA so he should stop d double standards !
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Rubbish !

This is someone who clearly said Siasia is not qualified to coach at the senior level yet but should rather brush up his CV . . .his choice has always been KADIRI IKHANA so he should stop d double standards !

expose you identity

This guy is a stakeholder in the corruption that goes on in NFF
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2010
If the boys who played Olympics were graduated into Super Eagles with few inclusions like Goal Keepers, Yobo, Lukman Haruna . . . .trust me this story would have been different.

All we needed to do was to Graduate Siasia and his boys to form the core of the new eagles for this world cup but no not in Nigeria. Somebody is thinking of his private pocket.

Somebody wants to hire an Oyibo man who could not qualify his own country for the same tournament and make 10% out of it.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by DrKitaun(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2010
So Hiddink that did not qualify Russia must be crucified ? Id.iotic reasoning !

Which country did Westerhof qualify to WC before NIGERIA ?
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

So Hiddink that did not qualify Russia must be crucified ? Id.iotic reasoning !

Which country did Westerhof qualify to WC before NIGERIA ?

So why are you not also applying all these relaxed standards for local Nigerian coaches?

Oh sorry 10% cut from their salary not usually large enough?
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by DrKitaun(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2010
Na u dem offer d 10% cut to ? Oponu !
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by 12large: 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2010
abeg shut up, which olympics boys are we talking about, if the three best attacking players in olympics obasi,osaze,obinna are playing like mumu in world cup, then who else can possibly impprove us ekpo maybe but thats it.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by candylips(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
it is not too late. After world cup let them appoint Sia fast
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by 9jafreak: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
Siasia should be given a 4 years contarct until Brazil 2014

We need continuity and stability

And please please please, Let him CHOOSE his own assistants

Not the irks of Amokachi, Eguavoen, etc etc

chikena
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Gayigaskia(m): 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
Where were all of you when we had a thread dedicated to Siasia right after the Olympics in support of his continuing with that Team?
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by supereagle(m): 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
PTF has decided to extend the contract of Largerpay. They even said the money is ready.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by mensdept: 4:35am On Jun 20, 2010
Of course Siasia was and is and will be better than Lagerback, and better than Amodu.

But like Naija politics, he was denied by a fellow Nigerian (Amodu) to take the job, whereas the latter was used as a pawn to stop him and others (Oliseh, Keshi) to help improve our team.

Amiesimaka, well, I dont know if you had a role in that, but at least if you are being a Fairplay born-again, then welcome aboard.

You will still see some less than intelligent persons who would want Lagerback to continue, or say Siasia isnt qualified and all, but one day, we shall overcome.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2010
of all the local coaches, Siasia samson is the only one i know that can say no to nff interference. He did it when he left mikel out of his squad and got to the final. Even when his team loses they give 100 percent during play. No discipline no respect. Ask jose mourinho.
He is the only coach that i know that invests in himself: going for coaching courses to get better and better. That to me is a sign of greatness.
let all and sundry know that those who won the world cup won it with one of their own.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by supereagle(m): 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2010
Others are investing in themselves, Eguavon does that, Amodu does it. This information age, you do not to go to class before you update yourself.

[url]http://stopsmokingblueprints..com/
[/url]
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by supereagle(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
How would rate Largerpay now. 3 matches , 2 losses , 1 draw.

http://stopsmokingblueprints..com/
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by deb(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
With all due respect to Adokie going by his sunday write-ups on punch because am a regular reader of his column. I could tell he is biased when it comes to anything white men. I also remember that he has criticized Siasia in the past as not being good enough for Eagles. For me that is not good enough from his personality
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Dede1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
I wish this Siasia guy should not be hired to coach eagles because of the empty but lofty recommendations given to him by the contributors on this board. I would appreciate if NFF would hire a coach completely unknown to the retired coaches on this board. Granted Siasia has piloted underage team to a position of second best and has not won anything to write home about yet he is being graded as a soccer genius.

Siasia maybe better than Lagerback but he must show his highly appraised stuff with a local league team.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by supereagle(m): 5:39am On Jun 24, 2010
Siasia may be a good youth team builder, but can he handle the big men in SE? I leave that for you to debate and discern.
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by omonaija87: 5:57am On Jun 24, 2010
I just wrote about this subject, read https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-468091.0.html and tell me what u think, Siasia should be the next SE coach,
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Myself2(m): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2010
Very true
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Myself2(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2010
supereagle:

Siasia may be a good youth team builder, but can he handle the big men in SE? I leave that for you to debate and discern.

Please name one big man in the SE,or how do you classify a footballer as big
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by mensdept: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ Dede and Supereagle

What are you guys talking about? Are you guys adults or kids that are on this forum and not reading your homework

Of course Siasia can coach the SUPER EAGLES. Where was Dunga (coach of Brasil in case you don't know) coaching before and BRASIL hired him ahead of all those EPL coaches you guys have been brainwashed with.

That same Dunga coached the BEIJING 2008 OLYMPICS, in which they crashed out to Argentina 3-NIL. Yet today many of those players are kicking butt in SA with guess who, Dunga.

And the US coach Bradley, no European club on his CV folks, just sheer hard work without a GODFATHER in the FA.

Give good local coaches support and a chance. Lets grow up for a chance,
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 25, 2010
True but, Tell that to Corruption grin
Re: Siasia Better Than 10 Lagerbacks, Says Amiesimaka by supereagle(m): 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2010
There mafia in SE, Siasia has been a victim that is why he could not make it to France 98. He did well in the build up, but the mafia factor worked against him.

(1) (Reply)

The Motivation For Tiger Woods. / Oliseh Rejects Ajax, S/liege For Eagles Job! / Nff A Laughing Stock On Ss3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.