Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

The Motivation For Tiger Woods. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Motivation For Tiger Woods. (731 Views)

A Great Way To Generate All The Motivation You Need To Get Fit (PEDOMETER) / Tiger Woods Reclaims World No.1 Ranking / Tiger Woods’ Ex-wife Bulldozes $12 Million Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Motivation For Tiger Woods. by ElRazur: 11:09am On Nov 03, 2010
Recent rankings now put Tiger woods as number two in the world. This decline is widely attributed to his personal life turbulences that have engrossed the front pages of the almost every newspaper in the world. The interesting thing here is how he seem to have gone from a golf-god to ordinary human, I guess we all have our high and deeps in life.

While Tiger Woods is going through a rough patch, no doubt. One is left to wonder if there is any motivation for him want to do a come back and claim his number one spot (which he held for about 282 weeks or so.)

According to Forbes magazine, Tiger Woods is in the real of rich people considered as Billionaires or there about. So while he is rich, can get anything he wants etc. One begins to wonder if there is really any motivation for him to have the same drive and prowess that made the media and sports analyst to describe him with the following moniker "The man that Golf needs"!

Take into consideration that from about the age of 16, he's been in a kind of life style where he is surrounded by advisers who try to manage him, his image and finances etc. While some people may feel this is not a problem, one just have to look at the great people who were the best in their field that have risen, had a fall and almost never reclaimed the former glory. A strong example will be Michael Jackson.

So taking these into consideration, do you think Woods can reclaim back his grip on golf and get back to be ranked as number one? Or if you are with him, what will be your advise for/to him?

(Personally, I am not so sure because I feel there may be not enough motivation for him to want to do so, or am I wrong?)
Re: The Motivation For Tiger Woods. by medjai(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2010
He is 4 major titles away from equalling Jack Niclaus' record of 18 majors and he has always stated his desire to shatter Nicklaus' record and become the greatest golfer of all time. I guess that's enough motivation
Re: The Motivation For Tiger Woods. by ElRazur: 10:00am On Nov 06, 2010
You may have a point, but given the fact that he's surrounded by "yes men", they may be the one doing the pushing and not him. As to whether he can be the greatest after his deep form remains to be seen.
Re: The Motivation For Tiger Woods. by usbcable(m): 11:34am On Nov 06, 2010
M.J was an entertainer. And trends are always changing thus he may find it hard becoming top entertainer when you cross the 40 year old margin.
In golf you can play into your old age and still be able to win titles, because its not a so physical sport.
That said he would want to hit at least the 18 major title record and become the number 1 golfer ever.

(1) (Reply)

Which Do You Prefer, Nigeria Friendly Match With Argentina Or Champions League? / Siasia Knows Fate Today After The Match Against Ghana / Victor Moses Earns Bonus Award From Roman As He Led Chelsea Out Of Egypt: Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.