Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Importance Of Attending Jummah Prayer On Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Importance Of Attending Jummah Prayer On Friday (485 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches / China Bans Children From Attending Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Attending Jummah Prayer On Friday by xage(m): 7:01am On Aug 03, 2018
Asalamu aleikum warahmatulah brothers and sisters in Islam. We have been obliged by the almighty Allah to leave our places of trading or works for Jummah prayer once it is time for Jummah.

And the evidence of this is in suratul Juma'a as quoted below from the glorious Qur'an

62:09

O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew.

62:10
And when the prayer has been concluded, disperse within the land and seek from the bounty of Allah, and remember Allah often that you may succeed.

62:11

But when they saw a transaction or a diversion, [O Muhammad], they rushed to it and left you standing. Say, "What is with Allah is better than diversion and than a transaction, and Allah is the best of providers."

We find people coming late for Jummah or some inexplicably missing Jummah prayer... This is very wrong for whatsoever the reason maybe. In so many instances the prophet emphasized the importance and multiple rewards in observing Jummah prayers, taking our birth, wearing the best of our dresses, applying perfume and arriving mosque as early as possible in order to earn these rewards.

Importance of Jummah in Islam according to the Hadith of the prophet SAW.

Narrated Abu Hurairah (R.A): Allah’s Messenger (Peace Be Upon Him) talked about Friday and said: “There is an hour on Friday And if a Muslim gets it while offering Salat and asks something from Allah Almighty, then Allah will definitely fulfill his demands and Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands. [Sahih al-Bukhari

Interesting facts about the day of Jummah

1. Hazrat Adam (AS) was created on this day and he was also permitted to enter the Jannah on the day of Friday.
2. On the very day, Adam (AS) was sent to the earth. He even died on Friday.
3. On this day, there is one hour in which you can ask for anything and Allah grants you with His blessings.
4. Friday will be the Day of Judgment when the time comes.
5. Friday is the master of the week.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) said:“Of all the days, Friday is the most virtuous. It is on this day that the trumpet will be blown. Send abundant Durood Pak upon me on Fridays because they are presented to me on that day.”
The Holy Prophet Muhammad(Peace Be Upon Him) once said; “When the Friday comes, at every door of the Masjid there stand Angels who write down (the names of) those who come First, then who comes next. When the Imam sits down, the records are closed and they come to listen to the reminder, i.e. the Khutba.”
Benefits of Jummah Prayer:

As this day is considered the best of the days; and the master of the week same as the month of Ramadan is known as the master of all the Islamic months, there are certain Benefits of Jummah Prayer that no other prayer can match.

Benefits of Jumma Prayer

Below are the merits of Friday and the Jummah Prayer;

1. There is this blessed hour on Friday when your supplication is fulfilled, whatever you ask for is granted to you.
2. Taking a bath for the Jumma prayer and going to the mosque for praying is equivalent to offering the sacrifice of a camel to please Allah.
3. The bath for the Jummah prayer washes away your sins as the water drips from your body.
4. If you enter the mosque for Friday prayer before the Imam comes, the angels write your name, and Allah offers His eternal blessings to Him
Etc.

I particularly dislike missing Jummah prayers. Whenever I do, I feel very bad and all the times it was due to work or reconciliation meetings being fixed in jummat period. Therefore if I have my way I would quest for making Friday a work free day just as Sunday to enable Muslim equal liberty of Faith as Christian counterpart. Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state.

May Allah help all the Muslim Ummah out there. Amin.

3 Likes

Re: Importance Of Attending Jummah Prayer On Friday by olasaad(f): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2018
Thanks for the reminder op.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Baptizing Them In The Name Of The Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit Means / Praise Preserves Your Blessing / "One Member" Church Spotted In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.