Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) (22505 Views)

I Need A Professional Hacker. / How I Confirmed The Facebook Hacker Was A Nigerian Lazy Youth [photos] / How To Become A Professional Ethical Hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2018
I woke up some days ago with a message in my Facebook inbox from one of my friends. I suspected foul as it was not in a manner I expected. But I decided to play along but with caution. Here is the message he sent "There is a big job opportunity I want to disclose with you ....Are you interested". You know, I didn't want to take for granted the message so I quickly reply "Lets see it bro." After few minutes, what I got was a link which was supposed to lead me to the supposed job but what I got was a page requiring me to enter my facebook username and password to proceed. Having learned about phishing before, it was easy for me to detect as the page was a dommy facebook page. So, I ignored.
Fast-forward to 15minutes later. I was at work and decided to call bae to inform her to be cautious of such messages especially from the sender as the sender was a mutual friend. Bae who is currently a graduate and searching for job told me she already sent her details!
Omo, that was how my working day began with a counter-hacking race. I quickly logged in to her Facebook (we don't have secrets, have always had her password) and decided to change her password. After changing the password, I logout of all devices and decided to cool my head. I thought perhaps, the hacker was yet to make use of the details she sent.
While chilling, I decided to refresh my the page only to see I have been logged out. An attempt to loggin said I have changed my password, then it dawned on me that at the time that I logged out, they had changed the linked e-mail as well as well as phone number which was used to change the password! At this point, I felt defeated and felt I celebrated too early.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2018
At this point I was already running out of time to salvage the situation. I thought of to act like I forgot my password but then, the username has been altered. I did a quick search using the username e.g. username.surname and it brought out bae's account. Resetting my password option brought out the email the code will be sent to- the hacker's e-mail. At this point it time, I was running out of time and idea I know they won't stop complicating issues.
I quickly reported the link to google after doing a google search on how to report suspicious links. This gave me a temporary relieve although I was yet faced with the reality of the taken account.
This I did [url]here https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?hl=en[/url]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2018
After some search, I go to know of www.facebook.com/hacked where I went to to report the compromised account. After pushing through the steps, I was made to provide and e-mail and to upload a valid ID. which I gladly did.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2018
Continue
Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 11:46am On Aug 04, 2018
Well, after uploading the ID (National ID card), I was granted access to the account via a link sent to the provided e-mail. And when I was in, I saw their email used which I later used in finishing them.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2018
I changed the password, removed their e-mail, logged out all other sessions, added my phone number and changed the password. That was how I won the fight. But it didn't end there. I had to start posting on Faceboook to enlighten my friends. As at the time of posting this, the link though still valid has been neutralised as it no longer show a dommy facebook login page. But I am going to show us how to identify a dommy Facebook login page.
Typically, a the real Facebook login page should display the facebook website on the address bar but the fake dommy Facebook page usually shows something else. See the attached photos. Some often look like facebook e.g. Facelook.com. Make sure it is facebook.com and nothing similar.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
This is front-page worthy.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
In the past few days, in my small circle of friends, I have heard not less then five (5) accounts already hacked. Some accounts have gone beyond a level it can be retrieved using the method I used. For instance, the e-mail ID is removed, phone number removed, facebook username (e.g. John.Atema) changed to something unknown to you. This makes your finding your hacked facebook almost impossible. A method I used in solving such was going via a mutual friend. Even at that, sometimes, the names are altered. e.g Lalasticlala changed to one oyibo name Manhattan Riley. This makes it difficult to identify the hacked account as well.
Secondly, always remember there is not private online. Always keep your private life offline. Do not send sensitive information online as anything could happen anytime.
Do not use simple passwords. Two of the cases of my friends are those who use the phone number as their password. Take your time to select a good password.
While using same password for all online stuff keeps you from incidents of forgetting your passwords, always remember that one accounts hacked can open gateways to your other accounts. eg. if your facebook password is the same as your e-mail address password, a hacker can still try your hacked facebook password on your other accounts such as gmail, yahoomail, instagram etc.

16 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Enskynelson(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
BonkoINC:
Lalasticlala will never see this kind of post..

It's post that will cause tribalistic uproar the mods will see or snake thread.

Even though I know about everything you have said.

You did it so well. Well explained.

I think other people need to know too.

So I say thanks to you.

Thank you. Please share the information with your friends. One facebook hacked put the rest of your friends at risk.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by tstx(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2018
na learners havk your account....

.If boys for my area catch you eh. They will not only hack your fb act, them go add twitter and email join

15 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Centcanada: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2018
Really?
Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by aragon4realz(m): 9:57am On Aug 18, 2018
viol
Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by vizkiz: 9:58am On Aug 18, 2018
lol... The hacker Na mumu. His mates are hacking a whole website, oga dey hack Facebook page grin

17 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by gaby(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2018
It is na waaaa
Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Spainze007(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2018
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Proffdada: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Na Chinedu grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Ivimilly: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2018
Op with this your kind OT you sure say you nor be G Boy? grin

Very good information, This is very useful information.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2018
The guy try ohh, to get that phishing site past FB's security.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 18, 2018
Another reason I don't click on links no matter who sends it.

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by dominique(f): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2018
People should stop clicking on click bait posts and always look at the address bar before entering their login details into a site.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 18, 2018
Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by tstx(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2018
MrGoogle88:

You go die young if you don't stop!!
Stop deceiving your self... If that's the case every Nigerian will die young because we all are criminals in our own little way.... from our pastors scamming their congregation, bosses scamming their workers to our politicians scamming the masses...

I'm not in anyway supporting yahoo. but that's the truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2018
Scam and hacker everywere the hacker na mumu when his mate. Dey. Hack bank account he Dey hack ordinary facebook page... we realy need to be very careful of some hacker. Nowadays... now that why somepople keep finding old acount... .. undecided
Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by dayleke: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2018
Nice one there.

Una well done o.
Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by rosy4u(f): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2018
Very informative.. Thanks a lott kiss

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Facebook Hacker (Photos) by promo4(m): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2018
Well explained bro...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easily Tether Or Share Your Simple Server Or Psiphon Connection To Other Phones / 3 Things Microsoft Cannot Explain / "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.