Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children (22975 Views)

How Do I Instill Boldness And Confidence In My Daughters? / Singleness Is A Blessing..is There Any Cogent Reason To Marry? / Qualities To Lookout For B4 Proposing To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by kazyhm(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2018
Tunasco4u:
That 8 and 1 is the best

My first thought..........Nigerian will never learn
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by hopefulLandlord: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2018
izzy4shizzy:

You need jesus christ.
He cares for you

If Jesus Christ cares for Daeylar you wouldn't be the one telling her wink Jesus would tell her himself

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by Essential(m): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2018
TissuePaper:
I wouldn't know I don't want to have kids... Not when I'm still in Nigeria... I see it as pure wickedness to give birth to a child who will come to the world to suffer, when you had the power to stop that from happening.

If you cannot give your child a good life USE A CONDOM angry
Or cut ur manhood

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by latyph(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2018
I remember asking my dad what sperm is when I was in JSS1 at 9 years old. Man just ignored me.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by sammirano: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2018
Teach them to survive. because thats one of the most important thing. We live in a cruel world.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by bobkezel(m): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2018
No 8 is useless.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by ajealadick(m): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2018
OP, of all you failed to point that our kids must know that honest and diligent work pays than crime or embezzlement. This is the major deviation our society is suffering today because of corruption. I always tell my kids that.
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by ShakurM(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2018
hakeem4:
Well good point, I don’t really see the importance of number 8 though
I don't see it too but this is Nigeria where we have to pray for everything             
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by madridguy(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2018
Nice list.
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by writeprof(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2018
Good points. Include the dignity of labour and respect for others especially the seemingly 'invisible' but important people like the househelps, maids, security guards, drivers etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by lusim(m): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2018
Good write up
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by majormofor(m): 8:33am On Aug 05, 2018
Tunasco4u:
That 8 and 1 is the best
There is no best!!! All must be done.... tho
one is actually missing..... so am gonna add it as a bonus 11) *The right way to make money*
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by bettercreature(m): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2018
TissuePaper:
I wouldn't know I don't want to have kids... Not when I'm still in Nigeria... I see it as pure wickedness to give birth to a child who will come to the world to suffer, when you had the power to stop that from happening.

If you cannot give your child a good life USE A CONDOM angry
You need to change your I can not make it in Nigeria mentality.Believe me no place like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by Manymercies: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2018
Teach them the importance of setting goals and attaining them
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by mrbee90: 8:40am On Aug 05, 2018
Kudos
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by sonsomegrigbo: 8:46am On Aug 05, 2018
These are great especially for the young Igbos.

So they will not go the way of crimes just like their...

Moreso, it will be very good if they bring those kids to the SOUTHWEST where VIRTUE is our watchword!
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by xangerar: 8:46am On Aug 05, 2018
These are the kind of post that reinforces confidence that one day the glory of Nairaland shall be restored too.

Well done for a well made post.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by TissuePaper: 8:46am On Aug 05, 2018
bettercreature:
You need to change your I can not make it in Nigeria mentality.Believe me no place like Nigeria
pls, give me reasons why you say so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2018
Daeylar:
I agree with everything except prayer.
Nothing but a complete waste of time.

well only to you.
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by toprealman: 8:50am On Aug 05, 2018
ol2000one:
For your companies, schools, events, conference, university and associations

We produce 3D printed LANYARD and deliver 500pcs in 3 days

You name it, we print...
Your satisfaction is our utmost priority
cost?
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by emerged01(m): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2018
hakeem4:
Well good point, I don’t really see the importance of number 8 though
To acknowledge the existence of God is not important?
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by badman007(m): 9:01am On Aug 05, 2018
STOP RELIGIOUS EDUCATION IN OUR SCHOOLS.

OUR BLACK SKIN IS ALL WE GOT!!!

NO OYINBO EVER HELPED US, NO OYINBO CAN EVER SAVE US, NONE!

WORKHARD.
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by ikevictor: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2018
One of my best reads...
You’re a true Nairalander OP...
#Kudos
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by nyabingi(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2018
Number 5 also got my attention, In addition, let them know about their history so that that they can chart and determine their future, it beats my imagination how some Igbo parents don't tell their children about the Biafran War and how their fore bearers were massacared in one of the greatest genocide against in world history
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by DKM123: 9:18am On Aug 05, 2018
Daeylar:

No it isn't a waste of time. In fact it is one of the most useful and the best of all the points.

I am not even looking at it from the spiritual angle. I am looking at it form the psychological point of view and how it affects the physical and mental well being.

Do you realise that being a praying Christian brings about the kind of therapy that even a Professor of Psychology or therapist can't give? It gives hope. It gives happiness. It gives contentment. It gives peace of mind. Its unburdening and surreal.

At the end of the day, instead of becoming a drug addict and ruining your life because you feel empty and unfulfilled and overburdened and hopeless, it would have been better if you were taught (or indoctrinated, which ever way you choose to look at it) as a child to key into the "therapy" of prayers. This may be the best life hack asides education you can give your child. Some ignorance (as you know it) are actually blissful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by advocatebaba(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2018
sokera:
your parents should have drop you in a condom , your dad messed up big time
This reply deserves some accolades. he should av bin dropped in a condom and flushed into d soak away 4 it would av prevented his shitty comment.
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by ultron12345: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2018
DKM123:

No it isn't a waste of time. In fact it is one of the most useful and the best of all the points.

I am not even looking at it from the spiritual angle. I am looking at it form the psychological point of view and how it affects the physical and mental well being.

Do you realise that being a praying Christian brings about the kind of therapy that even a Professor of Psychology or therapist can't give? It gives hope. It gives happiness. It gives contentment. It gives peace of mind. Its unburdening and surreal.

At the end of the day, instead of becoming a drug addict and ruining your life because you feel empty and unfulfilled, it would have been better if you were taught (or indoctrinated, which ever way you choose to look at it) as a child to key into the "therapy" of prayers. This may be the best life hack asides education you can give your child. Some ignorance are actually blissful.

Children should be taught the truth and not some comforting lies. No matter how bitter the truth is, they should be told and taught to stand up to that bitter truth. Should we say that because drugs make one feel good and forget their sorrows, then we should encourage everyone to start taking drugs. That is how when they have children, instead of them to take them to the doctor when sick, they will praying, allowing the innocent child to suffer.
Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by micflo28(m): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2018
Savings too

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by DKM123: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2018
ultron12345:

Children should be taught the truth and not some comforting lies. No matter how bitter the truth is, they should be told and taught to stand up to that bitter truth. Should we say that because drugs make one feel good and forget their sorrows, then we should encourage everyone to start taking drugs. That is how when they have children, instead of them to take them to the doctor when sick, they will praying, allowing the innocent child to suffer.

That it is NOT YOUR TRUTH, doesn't mean it isn't another's truth. Of course they are EXTREME cases of indoctrination. It BEHOVES on the parent to BALANCE it.

I don't care how atheist you are, you cannot deny that Christianity especially has instilled morals, discipline, good conscience, compassion, honesty etc in the minds of kids who were brought up in that line. Some of this kids could have been killers, ritualist, thieves etc especially in a hopeless country like OURS if they hadn't grown in fear of a HIGHER BEING.
On a world wide scale, religion may have done a lot of harm but in third world countries like ours , it is our hope and life saver. Trust me.

P.S. Drug addiction and being a practising Christian are two completely different analogies so it makes no sense placing both on the same scale.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by bluefilm: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2018
Daeylar:

I already love you for saying this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by Belexy95: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2018
Great points!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Avoid My Mom? / Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 9 Years Of Waiting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.