Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (11713 Views)

COZA Members Mock Protesters: We Were In Church Laughing Our Eyes Out (Photos) / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by DEHVEHLOP(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
THAT ILLITERATE WEY THIEF MY FTC. WELL I NO GET UR TIME TODAY. YOU SURE MUST BE IGBO.

Now to the topic.

Good question!

Christians are gradually coming back to their senses...

If you want to become a fool, just convert to Christianity..

Àbí who on earth struggle to earn money, and at the end of the day give the hard earned money freely to a billionaire?

Let me face my food and pretend I'm deaf as come barking at me!

Shiorrrrrr

This guy funny die..........
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Mariangeles(f): 10:29am On Aug 05, 2018
Seetto:

I want biblical proof ,,,, what manner did Jesus ask u to pray.
Nobody owes you any proof
You can believe what you want.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by gonkin(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2018
illitrate:
Because the best way you can avoid distractions and be in the spirit realm is when the eyes are closed. God is a spirit so communication with
him can best be in spirit.

Remember, what you see determines what you think, what you think determines how you behave, how you behave determines what you become.

Imagine in the mood of prayer with eyes open and suddenly one big nyash waka pass and your brain starts processing it because your eyes has seing it.
Then your john thomas responds to stimulus.

Hmmm good answer, i was actually asking the same questions too.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2018
gonkin:

Hmmm good answer, i was actually asking the same questions too.

Thanks.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by mvem(m): 10:36am On Aug 05, 2018
Mariangeles:
...actually early Christians prayed like Jews, eyes were not covered...covering the eyes is not really biblical because they never prayed like that those days... Infact I researched and found out that the way the people those days prayed is totally different from how Christians pray today...a lot of changes during the thousand years of Christianity ...nevertheless, Christians cover there eyes when praying to avoid distractions
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by pweshdodo(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2018
illitrate:

Thanks.
Guy your signature is very mad grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Sman37(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2018
abiodunalasa:
grin
The angels don't like to be seen when they want to come and carry the prayers to God
quote a verse for authentication
and for those who said to avoid distraction where in the bibles was it stated to close our eyes while praying.
If only u practice bibles teachings and not church doctrine!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2018
Because we are drunk grin.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2018
It's not as if when we pray with our eyes open, God won't hear our prayers. I think the main reason is for concentration, in order to avoid distractions.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by orisa37: 11:51am On Aug 05, 2018
Socrates' Philosophy, "we are saner when we close our eyes to reason and open them to talk and see".
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Sunnybabe(m): 11:53am On Aug 05, 2018
Omooba77:
Prayer is a weapon and means of communicating with God.
Please why do we close our eyes prayering?
As for me it is to avoid distractions.

Have a blessed Sunday and Happy 66th Convention to All Redeemites!
. u've said it all....
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Seetto: 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Mariangeles:
Gbam...
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by abula112(m): 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
If closing ur eye is to stop distraction, why not close ur ears too, abi dat one no dey cus distraction...

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
I swear Christianity is a scam

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by okwabayi(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
So why don't Muslims close eyes when praying?
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Exponental(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
Focus and concentration!
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Mydazz(m): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
Omooba77:
Prayer is a weapon and means of communicating with God.
Please why do we close our eyes prayering?
As for me it is to avoid distractions.
Have a blessed Sunday and Happy 66th Convention to All Redeemites!

Prayering kwa ?
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by raphaeladeyele: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
Closing Eyes wen praying to avod attraction but fully concentration
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
Harfisco:
I swear Christianity is a scam

God's light will shine on your path; Truth will show you his Way and Deliver you from hatred
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by ejimatic: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bible does not command Christians to close eyes when praying. What is needed is to be humble at heart when praying. People prayed in the Bible under different conditions and God answered their prayers. The reason why we close our eyes is to avoid distraction when praying to God......
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
Omooba77:

God's light will shine on your path; Truth will show you his Way and Deliver you from hatred

bros Islam is the way .make your proper findings
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2018
Harfisco:

bros Islam is the way .make your proper findings
Read Surah 3 & 5 with proper understanding sir.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 06, 2018
pweshdodo:

Guy your signature is very mad grin grin grin

na so I see ooo my brother.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by orisa37: 8:18am On Aug 06, 2018
Closing our eyes while praying makes us concentrate to coordinate our Hearts, Souls, Minds and Focus on God. And we get answer quick that way.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2018
Omooba77:

Read Surah 3 & 5 with proper understanding sir.

what does suratul imran and maida have to do with the fact that Christianity is a programmed religion
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2018
Harfisco:

what does suratul imran and maida have to do with the fact that Christianity is a programmed religion
Read slowly with understanding, if possible sir from different translations
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Rachelose(f): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
cheesy
abiodunalasa:
grin
The angels don't like to be seen when they want to come and carry the prayers to God
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2018
Omooba77:

Read slowly with understanding, if possible sir from different translations

your responses have been very funny.you then said different translations
may be you don't know the Quran is the only book in history that has never been changed or revised unlike bibble where you have numerous versions up to about 120 versions, from here to anywhere The Holy Quran is one in translation its you that should read well without misquoting the context.
what I would have love you to do is to tell me how Christianity is the right religion in short and what looks like a fact to you and let God use me to open your eyes
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 7:07am On Aug 07, 2018
Harfisco:

your responses have been very funny.you then said different translations
may be you don't know the Quran is the only book in history that has never been changed or revised unlike bibble where you have numerous versions up to about 120 versions, from here to anywhere The Holy Quran is one in translation its you that should read well without misquoting the context.
what I would have love you to do is to tell me how Christianity is the right religion in short and what looks like a fact to you and let God use me to open your eyes

Imran is father of Maryam the mother of Isa.
Oga seek knowledge, because Truth will set you free. God bless you and have a great day sir!
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2018
Omooba77:

Imran is father of Maryam the mother of Isa.
Oga seek knowledge, because Truth will set you free. God bless you and have a great day sir!

baba,I will urge you to go read d commentary of that chapter properly ,and even how does that prove Christianity is what I want you to tell me
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Harfisco:

baba,I will urge you to go read d commentary of that chapter properly ,and even how does that prove Christianity is what I want you to tell me

Some selected verses of Surah 3;

41. He said: "O my Lord! Make a sign for me." Allah said: "Your sign is that you shall not speak to mankind for three days except with signals. And remember your Lord much (by praising Him again and again), and glorify (Him) in the afternoon and in the morning."
42. And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns) (of her lifetime)."
43. O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irka'i (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Raki'un (those who bow down etc.)."
44. This is a part of the news of the Ghaib
(unseen, i.e. the news of the past nations of which you have no knowledge) which We inspire you with (O Muhammad ). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed.
45. (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."
46. "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."
47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" and it is.
48. And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the
Sunnah , the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.), (and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
49. And will make him ['Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.
50. And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.
51. Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
52. Then when 'Iesa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?" Al-Hawariun (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah)."
53. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger ['Iesa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. La ilaha ill-Allah - none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).
54. And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus)], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.
55. And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that 'Iesa (Jesus) is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad , 'Iesa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur'an] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."
56. "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."
57. And as for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) and do righteous good deeds, Allah will pay them their reward in full. And Allah does not like the Zalimun
(polytheists and wrong-doers).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God / If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.