Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (11707 Views)

COZA Members Mock Protesters: We Were In Church Laughing Our Eyes Out (Photos) / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
Omooba77:

Some selected verses of Surah 3;

41. He said: "O my Lord! Make a sign for me." Allah said: "Your sign is that you shall not speak to mankind for three days except with signals. And remember your Lord much (by praising Him again and again), and glorify (Him) in the afternoon and in the morning."
42. And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns) (of her lifetime)."
43. O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irka'i (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Raki'un (those who bow down etc.)."
44. This is a part of the news of the Ghaib
(unseen, i.e. the news of the past nations of which you have no knowledge) which We inspire you with (O Muhammad ). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed.
45. (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."
46. "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."
47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" and it is.
48. And He (Allah) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the
Sunnah , the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.), (and) the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).
49. And will make him ['Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.
50. And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurat (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me.
51. Truly! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.
52. Then when 'Iesa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in Allah's Cause?" Al-Hawariun (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to Allah)."
53. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger ['Iesa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. La ilaha ill-Allah - none has the right to be worshipped but Allah).
54. And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus)], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.
55. And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that 'Iesa (Jesus) is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad , 'Iesa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur'an] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."
56. "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."
57. And as for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) and do righteous good deeds, Allah will pay them their reward in full. And Allah does not like the Zalimun
(polytheists and wrong-doers).

that's why I said u she not misquote.I know you will want to lay much emphasis on verse 45,even as with that translation ,does God refer to Jesus as the being who deserve our worship(NO) and that's y I said you need to see the commentary of these chapters ,I will recommend to you commentary of the Ahmadiyya ,if possibly you can lay your hands on one and read
if you later check d preceding verse 54 downward you would realise Jesus was nothing but a prophet of God who solely depend on Allah
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
Harfisco:

that's why I said u she not misquote.I know you will want to lay much emphasis on verse 45,even as with that translation ,does God refer to Jesus as the being who deserve our worship(NO) and that's y I said you need to see the commentary of these chapters ,I will recommend to you commentary of the Ahmadiyya ,if possibly you can lay your hands on one and read
if you later check d preceding verse 54 downward you would realise Jesus was nothing but a prophet of God who solely depend on Allah

Sir no be me write am for Quran and I sabi small 'kewu' too. Wetin dey Hadith sir about Iesa?

You can read this vs 55 too sir;

55. And (remember) when Allah said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that 'Iesa (Jesus) is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad , 'Iesa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur'an] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."
56. "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
Omooba77:

Sir no be me write am for Quran and I sabi small 'kewu' too. Wetin dey Hadith sir about Iesa?

You can read this vs 55 too sir;

OK,where was Jesus referred to as God in any of these verses
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Harfisco:

OK,where was Jesus referred to as God in any of these verses
Iesa is kunfayakun. Eni ti oni Ike ati Ola....Good night sir, God bless you
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 7:10am On Aug 08, 2018
Omooba77:

Iesa is kunfayakun. Eni ti oni Ike ati Ola....Good night sir, God bless you

prophet is a is not kunfayakun ,only Allah is kunfayakun.he seeks God help before embarking on any mission
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 9:31am On Aug 08, 2018
Harfisco:

prophet is a is not kunfayakun ,only Allah is kunfayakun.he seeks God help before embarking on any mission
Please read Surah 3:45 , 47, 59 and so on in understandable translations sir. John 1:1 makes it louder!
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Omooba77:

Please read Surah 3:45 , 47, 59 and so on in understandable translations sir. John 1:1 makes it louder!

in these surahs you mentioned,was Jesus said to be God
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
Harfisco:

Thanks sir, Jesus remain the Light and Saviour;
Anything from Hadith is not acceptable sir
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Aaronsrod: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2018
Never open your eyes in prayer. Satan sends demons in the form of cats iwls insects and women.

If your eyes settle on them you condemn yourself to suffering in this world and endless suffering in the next.

Even if you are driving pray with eyes closed always!!
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
Harfisco:

in these surahs you mentioned,was Jesus said to be God

You can read this Bible portion too sir;

John: 10. 30. I and my Father are one. 31. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33. The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? - Bible Offline
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Auki: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2018
Answer: Closing of eyes has no biblical basis. We found our fathers doing so and we blindly follows them.
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2018
Omooba77:

You can read this Bible portion too sir;

John: 10. 30. I and my Father are one. 31. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33. The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35. If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? - Bible Offline

this same Bible made us realise ur God Jesus sought for asylum when he was to be killed, masterminding defense techniques skills and was calling on God to come to his rescue

this same God ate drank while on earth

this same God has his penis circumcised by man

this same God, when his disciples tell him they hungry on a journey and he said when they get to a certain fruit tree they will eat fruit on getting there God Jesus and his disciples realise it was dry season that and tree could not beat fruit and he caused the tree to dry up while standing and lots of his

all this can be found in your bible of different versions ,Jesus is a prophet
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Omooba77: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2018
Harfisco:

this same Bible made us realise ur God Jesus sought for asylum when he was to be killed, masterminding defense techniques skills and was calling on God to come to his rescue

this same God ate drank while on earth

this same God has his penis circumcised by man

this same God, when his disciples tell him they hungry on a journey and he said when they get to a certain fruit tree they will eat fruit on getting there God Jesus and his disciples realise it was dry season that and tree could not beat fruit and he caused the tree to dry up while standing and lots of his

all this can be found in your bible of different versions ,Jesus is a prophet

Blessed are those who believe for they shall see Right and live Right
Re: Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? by Harfisco(m): 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
Omooba77:

Blessed are those who believe for they shall see Right and live Right

believe that Jesus is God,right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Owner Of That Fowl That Crow When Peter Betray Jesus / Chilling In The Mosque / If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.