Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business (1216 Views)

I Have 5m And Need Business Partner(s) To Invest An Extra 5m / I Have 1.5m And Looking For Help On The Business That Is Lucrative: / Buying A House On Mortgage In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business by mtamu: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2010
Hello everyone,
I am trying to make a decision between buying a used car for 1.5m and investing in a business( i am not sure yet the business to invest in), i am an engineer and an employee of one of the companies in Lagos. i spend all my time at work and don't have time to run around for business.
I will appreciate all the advice i can receive.
Cheers
Re: Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
A car is a depreciating asset.But living in Nigeria its a status symbol and you command a lot of respect using a car in Nigeria.How ever in 3 years you will need another car if you are the type that likes to show.Since you cannot monitor the business there is no need to invest in the business.Nigerians frustrate a lot in business because of the cheating .There will be no need of losing your money to any business ,if you are not there,unless you know trust worthy person who will engage in partner ship with you,but in that part of the world partnership is difficult .
Re: Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2010
Try to invest your money in a land that u buy at cheap rate now and can give about 50 to 100% in a year.
Re: Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 21, 2010
@poster
before people advises you, you should first tell us WHY you would want a car since you may not have needed one in the past AND what you are passionate about so we can help you decide in which business to go into.

1.5milla isnt much to start a business and if you just start a business where 1)you wont be attending it all day 2) you are not passionate about and have no knowledge about then chances are you may probably fail very quickly.
Re: Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business by Uchek(m): 1:18am On Jun 23, 2010
I am looking for investors in a start-up business. Please get in touch with me @ oparah.uche@yahoo.com. I believe it our project will be a great opportunity for your fund.

Thanks

Uche
Re: Between Buying A Car For 1.5m And Starting A Business by mtamu: 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2010
I want to than everyone that responded. my passion has always been engineering, the car will be used basically on weekends since my employer provides transport work days.
I appreciate the advice on investing on land i am giving it a positive taught, Uchek can you tell me more about the start up business you mentioned, i hope i will get more advice before rushing to a car dealer.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Kola Nut From Ivory Coast / Lapo Loan Funding In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn). / Getting Rich Overnight At Taraba Diamond Fields(blue Village)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.