Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) (38965 Views)

Argentine Doctor Arrested For Masturbating While Checking Patient's Private Part / June Wanza, Kenyan Lady Dies During Breast Enlargement Surgery. Pics / African Doctor Performs Successful Foot Reimplantation Surgery(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Sutured: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
A team of surgical staff has been suspended for taking selfies mid-operation and posting them on social media.
The group of medical professionals, including the surgeon, anaesthesiologist, two surgical assistants and a surgical nurse, work at the Hospital San Jose de Capilla del Senor, in the district of Exaltacion de la Cruz in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires.

The images were taken during an operation and posted on the social media account of one of the surgeons, Lorena Olguin, who works in the gastroenterology area of the hospital.

The photos show the medical team looking at the camera with their surgical masks and gowns on.

One of them shows three of them standing over the patient lying on the operating table, and another with the whole team showing the equipment used in the surgery and bits of gauze with blood on it.

The hospital authorities say they have suspended all of those shown in the photo because they consider it irresponsible behaviour.

The image was deleted from social media by Olguin, who told local media that she did not take it, but just shared it on her social media page.

“I have been really affected by all of this, I would like to publicly apologise to the people of Capilla for having visually offended them with these images, it was not the intention of any of us that all this should happen,” she said.

“That day there were several surgeries, random photos were taken, there was talk of selfies, at no time did I pick up my mobile phone. I was operating, they said ‘photo’, I looked at the camera instinctively.

“Later I liked the images, I uploaded them and now all this has happened, there is no way to justify it.”

The Health Secretary of Exaltacion de la Cruz, Ricardo Algranati, told the press that both the doctors and the rest of the staff who participated in the photo have been temporarily suspended.

“They’re all under indictment. The director of the hospital immediately opened an administrative investigation into their actions,” he said.

“The legal department will determine the degree of responsibility of each of those who intervened and the sanction that is to be applied.”

Algranati explained that the five people who appear in the image have been identified. They are the surgeon, an anaesthesiologist, two surgical assistants and the circulating surgical nurse in the operating room.

According to the local health secretary, the intervention in which the selfie was taken was a gastrointestinal operation.

“It’s all rather unseemly, an embarrassing situation, but an inescapable truth,” he concluded.

More >>>http://sutured.com/surgeons-suspended-over-mid-surgery-selfies/

2 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Mutemenot(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
Professional misconduct shocked

I remember going to one hospital in delta, the radiographer there was attending to my partner at the same time browsing his Nairaland. I said to myself dis is my nigga @work grin

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by kitaatita: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
Women and pictures

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by BruncleZuma: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin

End Time Surgeons...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by rhythyson: 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
na wah ooo

14 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Oyetboy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Sijo01(f): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Can't someone play a little at work again sad

16 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Laple0541(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ladies and selfie? Even one lady asked a thief at the point of robbery "pls can I take a selfie with your gun".....

16 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by kennosklint(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Wetin naija doctors de use play anyhow..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by seanswitch(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Why bring phone into an operating room. Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by omoalayo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
Na buga dem wan use the pics do nah...
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by OneCorner: 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
They should be jailed and tortured

1 Like

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by durubennie(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2018
okay

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by tbase73(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
all work no play
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Effyy: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Lools

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Charltex: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
So unethical...

3 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by experimentist: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Totally unprofessional and undemocratic grin

1 Like

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by tunary(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
E reach to give them suspension joor no discipline
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by rozayx5(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Playing with someone's life

2 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by czarina(f): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sijo01:
Can't someone play a little at work again sad
On top something as serious as a living breathing human?

8 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by joganut(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by HotMario: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Smartphones being used by dum.b people

1 Like

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Didcot: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Fu...cking lunkheads!
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by mralabs(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ooopss.. Very unprofessional of them. Trust my baby wouldn't do such.
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by NifemiKolade(m): 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
In mama rainbow's voice... Selifieeee time!
Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by LIFEisSIMPLE: 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2018
I knew it was likely to be female surgeons

4 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Cholls(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
experimentist:
Totally unprofessional and undemocratic grin

1 Like

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by Lordspicy(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
unprofessional... against the ethics of medicine... they should lose their licenses

2 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by dynicks(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
waiting for reno omokri to come blame me on this one too...

2 Likes

Re: Argentine Surgeons Suspended For Taking Selfies During A Surgery (Pics) by princeade86(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
but why.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Monkey-Like Baby In Otukpo / Why Do I Fall Sick After Masturbating? / 'I Used To Be Bullied'- Very Fat Man Shares His Shocking Weight Loss Journey(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.